• This topic has 38 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Joe.
Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Is it legal to have a pet monkey in the UK?
  • Stu_N

Office debate.

Clearly not sensible for a huge number of reasons and NOT considering it so don’t start down that one fellow forumites…

But if they aren’t dangerous (well, small ones can’t be so bad, can they – we’re not talking baboons or anything) what can be done?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

only if you remember to discipline it correctly

I’ll get my coat

Bregante

A Rockerbilly bloke used to bring a spider monkey into my local boozer about 25 years ago. He was a prick. (the bloke, not the monkey, he seemed alright)

Bregante

It used to sit on his shoulder while he played pool

riverdog
    Free Member

Must be legal….David Cameron has one.

qwerty
    Free Member

i think you can spank one but anything more is just mleh

berni
    Free Member

if it is not legal I’ll have to get rid of the wife!

j_me
    Free Member

Certainly not, even if it consents.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Wonder if you could teach one to ride a bike?

EDIT: of course you’d have to call it ‘Spank’

poly
    Free Member
    McHamish
    Free Member

My brother had a pet monkey in Thailand…well it wasn’t his it was his housemates who bought it from a ‘food’ stall.

It was small and had big eyes apparently.

I still think they should have made it a little jacket and taught it to smoke cigars.

Kevevs
    Free Member

I’ve got one. here’s gerald on his fixie, the little tyke. I send him down the offie when I’m out of beer, he’s in the garage lacing a wheel at the mo’ GERALD, GO GET ME AN ERDINGER.
    Bikemonkey1 by kevinevs, on Flickr

LsD
    Free Member

……well, small ones can’t be so bad, can they?

The smaller the monkey, the greater its urge to kill you.
    Known scientific principle……

McHamish
    Free Member

If you’re not careful he’ll steal your girl and send you taunting photos from their holiday…

project
    Free Member

Why not just get a kid, theyre non productive, break things, make a noise, sometimes theyre seen as cute by their parents,are sick and crap when young, oh and no matter what they do strangers should never ever offer any advice about looking after the little brat.

But the governmnet pays you have a kid.

tazzymtb

I had one, but he kept listening to erasure and wearing leather chaps, turns out he was chimp-pansy

allthepies
    Free Member

I think it should be made illegal not to have one 🙂

tazzymtb

Kevevs
    Free Member

jesus. keep that one in the closet Tazzy!

swisstony
    Free Member

here’s mine, he’s called Roaul

carlosg
    Free Member

Years ago when my dad was first going out with my step-mum the house they lived at had a Barbary ape called Judy.

She was great with men but hated women with a passion(would attack any but her owners wife) , she would sit on your lap and pick the salt out of your hair. As a 12 year old boy I thought she was fantastic.

McHamish
    Free Member

pick the salt out of your hair.

Who has salt in their hair? Are you sure that’s not just dandruff?

carlosg
    Free Member

Who has salt in their hair?

Every single person who sweats !!

McHamish
    Free Member

Every single person who sweats !!

I must wash too often or something, I’ve never noticed salt in my hair or anyone elses.

Kevevs
    Free Member

If you had opposable thumbs and a Degree in Phrenology, you’d try to keep it below the radar as well. I’m pickin salt here boss.

Xylene
    Free Member

I brought up a pet monkey in Thailand when I lived there. She was ace, lived with at my mates restaurant.

Sadly the silly bint had a thing about nicking ciggies, and used to run off and rip them up. One day for whatever reason she decided to steal a customers back and eat them. She died shortly afterwards.

She was my best mate.

Kevevs
    Free Member

I dunno if I should laugh or cry quirrel. That is such a moving tale. are you sure it was a monkey?

Xylene
    Free Member

Yes.

Brought her up from about a month old until she was 2 1/2 or so.

Here are some photos

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

See if people can have dogs and cats as pets, then why not little monkeys?

Dunno about over here in the UK, but in places like Thailand, where it’s their natural habitat anyway, is it so much of a problem?

Kevevs
    Free Member

aww! It’d nick your ciggies Elf!

King-ocelot
    Free Member

What was the monkey called that used to ride GT bikes? I brought an aggressor thanks to his advertising. The bike was rubbish though.

mboy
    Free Member

What was the monkey called that used to ride GT bikes?

You mean Hans Rey’s Chimp that featured in his video “Monkey see, Mokey do”?

epicyclo

project – Member
    Why not just get a kid…

Easier to get rid off a monkey. You’ve obviously never tried to get a kid put down when you get fed up off it…

🙂

King-ocelot
    Free Member

That’s him mboy! Mr Jinx! 🙂

samuri
    Free Member

Gerald Durrell writes in one of his books that he was picked up at Paris airport by a chimp on a motorcycle. Gerald got on the bike and the chimp drove him to the zoo.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Aren’t some monkeys poisonous though?

collinstiffee
    Free Member

you bought a bike because they had a monkey riding it?

wooo. that’s proper mental.

Kevevs
    Free Member

samuri. love yor late nite posts! lol.

Joe

Quirrel you legend – you are an inspiration for those of us seeking alternative lifestyles.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Is it legal to have a pet monkey in the UK?’ is closed to new replies.