Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Is cycling getting more or less dangerous?
  • pondo

Interesting (and topical) article on the Beeb’s website this morning.

Linky

Discuss.

sparksmcguff

No (neither or), but there seems to be an increasing number of road users who are acting dangerously. Why is this seems a more pertinent question for research and action?

DezB
    Free Member

In the past 25ish years I’ve been commuting it hasn’t changed at all.

I don’t commute in London, it’s all very different there..

(And where do they get those “billions of miles cycled” figures from? No-one has ever asked me, or anyone else I know about their mileage!)

LHS
    Free Member

Looking at London specifically, deaths each year fluctuate between about 10 and 16 with no obvious trend. This year it is 12 so is about average.

pondo

I think that’s what I took from it – despite what we might percieve from the headline writers, this is, rather sadly, a pretty typical year. Doesn’t mean nothing should be done, but it does suggest the headlines are rather overblowing the story. Which isn’t news, really.

fasthaggis

Are there any details on other big cities,or is it only London that has seen the biggest increase in cycling related incidents ?

5thElefant
    Free Member

I thought it was interesting that lorries are banned from London at night so there’s a mad rush to get deliveries out during rush hour.

If you had to come up with a method of culling cyclists you couldn’t do any better.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Is cycling getting more or less dangerous?’ is closed to new replies.