Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Is anyone in the Mayhem camping area right now?? IF so give us a update??
  • Bigface0_0
    Free Member

Im sure someone must be sat in a camp chair with a mile of red and white tape around them with a sectioned off bit 10 times bigger than they need, Well post a couple of pics and show us whats going on….
    PS Sat im my office rememebering last years great weather, I think by now I had the camp set up and had drunk my own body weight in cider…..

soma_rich
    Free Member

10mins ago:

Houns

Yep this time last year i was sat on my own in a nice big taped off area getting sunburn

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

LOL I think thats what its going to be like…

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

Yep this time last year i was sat on my own in a nice big taped off area getting sunburn

Yep me too…….. Cant see many people taking the sun cream this year

Houns

The breeze made putting up my tent on my own bloody difficult though

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

LOL @ Rich! 🙂

Oggles
    Free Member

Doesn’t look too bad to me from Pat’s tweets…

Houns

Quavers?!

I hope they haven’t got that bloke who sneezed numerous times into his hands then handled my burger bun without washing them still working for them…He was also at SITS last year too

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

Looks good, you wont be needing those skinnys after all… the bridge will be a death trap once the rain and mud hits ))))

Oggles
    Free Member

I hope I don’t find that I’ve walked half way back to the campsite again and find that the coffee I paid for is barely even warm.

tracknicko
    Free Member

yay! looking forward to bridge pile up photos!

The bridge ramps look a fair bit longer and more rideable than the ones at BBF.

uplink
    Free Member

Well post a couple of pics and show us whats going on….

Can I get back to you when I’ve finished pegging the tent out?

mboy
    Free Member

A Bridge at Eastnor?

Anybody remember the 98 Malvern Classic then, whem they had a bridge over a road as part of the DH course? In the wet and muddy practice, the silly boys weren’t slowing down in the slightest, and as you can imagine several of them ended up in hospital slipping on wooden boards with wet and muddy tyres.

Bridge got bypassed come race time…

LS
    Free Member

That’s not much of a bridge, though. The ones we’ve had recently in Nat. Trophy CX races (Derby, Ipswich, Rutland) have been much steeper, and still negotiable when covered in mud.

badlydrawnbiker
    Free Member

LS – you’re talking hard as nails CXers, we’re talking mincing MTBers, I predict carnage 😆

LS
    Free Member

😆
    Amazing that we managed it really what with our rubbish cantilever brakes an’ all

singletrackmind

mboy.- I think i was there that year . I remember there were lots of big crashes as riders landed on the down side and the wheels just washed out , and they got slammed into the decking .

Rob Warner took charge and they had a little tete a tete on the middle of the bridge . In the end they put a few hay bales on it and made into a slalom on the flat top section to stop the need for the air ambulance every 30 mins .

singlecrack
    Free Member

98 Malvern Classic…..lol
    I remember them..was that the year Peaty came down on the dinky kids 50 motorbike.

and what ever happened to ‘Massive Matt Farmer’

scaredypants

people don’t really rope off massive areas to reserve for their mates do they ? 🙄

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

If they do, just cut the tape down. And nick their pegs. If they say anything, just strip naked then get a pigeon and bite it’s head off and hold it aloft above your head and let the blood drip down over your naked body.

They won’t bother you agan, and will probbly bugger off somewhere else, thus ensuring you have plenty of space. 🙂

amt27
    Free Member

I was there an hour ago, few spots of rain but mostly sunshine and pretty windy, the ground is parched, I didn’t go over to the bridge but from a distance it appeared to have matting or something on it,

DezB
    Free Member

Liking Uplink’s pic! That happened to me at lunchtime today coming back from the post office!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Collecting yer old age pension were you Dez?

Do you get extra to help you with extra cleaning of soiled stuff?

grahamh
    Free Member

Just go back, some team is building a house!!
    Looked like an Armish barn raising.

If you see an enormous army tent attached to the back of a Land Rover, camped next to Pearce Cycles, come and say hello.

nunuboogie
    Free Member

Its crazy roping off area’s even before the event starts, I could of done this days ago but will be arriving late friday instead…its the way I roll.

singlespeedstu

I will be arriving on friday on my crossbike with a bivibag strapped to the bars and a backpack full of booze.

That’s the way i roll. 😉

amt27
    Free Member

i really warm to cycle shops who are sponsored by bike manufacturers and use their tape to section off large areas of the campsite,

i didn’t want to buy a Giant anyway,

richpips
    Free Member

via Provelosupport’s twitter

The rain is starting to fall on the tents here at Mountain Mayhem, might sound worse than it is. We will have updates in the morning.

bikerbruce
    Free Member

wetter than an otters pocket….

big_n_daft
    Free Member

i really warm to cycle shops who are sponsored by bike manufacturers and use their tape to section off large areas of the campsite

just remove it and pitch your tent

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

Bump for the morning….

daveells
    Free Member

Its crazy roping off area’s even before the event starts, I could of done this days ago but will be arriving late friday instead…its the way I roll.

Only because you haven’t got someone to do it for you like in previous years,lazy arse 😉

mamadirt
    Free Member

Never mind about camping, what shops are there? Please let there be tiny bikes to demo (not like last year when I failed to get my leg over anything 😳 ).

votchy
    Free Member

not like last year when I failed to get my leg over anything

fnarr, fnarr

trout
    Free Member

it seems that Moses must be at MM as the sat picture shows the rain parted for malvern and the worst passing each side

grtdkad
    Free Member

Amen!

xcstu
    Free Member

still praying!!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Is anyone in the Mayhem camping area right now?? IF so give us a update??’ is closed to new replies.