Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Is 3 hours too long for….
  • loddrik
    Free Member

my nearly two year old daughter to be in the child seat on the back of the bike (food and drink not an issue)? She’s been in for two hours with no problems but want to take her a little further tomorrow.

RealMan
    Free Member

Would you worry about putting a 2 year old in a child’s seat in the car for 3 hours? Can’t see anything to go wrong.

althepal

Think there is guidelines about this.. Remember it being 2 hours last year when my boy was one but even then think we went over that when we drove from glasgow to hull. He did sleep the first few hours and we did have a couple of long breaks en route.
    I wouldn’t worry about it too much. As long as the seats a good size/fit and you take a break at some point for everyone to get out and walk about.

Gordy
    Free Member

Wouldn’t have thought it’d be a problem if you throw in some breaks.

I seem to recall that two hour guideline is for car seats. Probably transfers okay to a comfy bike seat on smooth terrain.

Toddler’s expression will be a good indicator. 🙂

GW
    Free Member

I’ve ridden for 5hours with an under 2 in a weeride top-tube mounted childseat, it’s a much better experience for wee ones than a rear seat as they’re actually involved and you interact with each other the entire ride. I have used rear seats and trailers a lot too and they just don’t compare, rear seats are the worst of all as they mess up the bikes handling and you can’t even see the wee one for this reason I personally never liked leaving kids in rear seats for more than about 10-15mins without properly stopping to make sure they were still happy but with the weeride you can actually both enjoy the ride together, even semi-technical XC riding can be done with them easily, steep chutes/climbs, small drops, roots etc. are all a breeze as all the extra weight’s centred too. if you’ve got a spare £65 I guarantee you won’t regret spending it on one.

bruk

Second the Wee-ride, cheapest was at Asda online when I bought one. Wee fella loves it and tries to steer. You do end up pedalling a bit bow legged, not sure I could 5 hours of it but I think it is much better than a rear seat where all they see is my fat backside.

Would need to have a couple of breaks in a 3 hour period of 10-15 mins at least to let them have a wander etc but otherwsie fine.

VanHalen

the weeride is mint. the nipper really loves it.

the bonus for me is that it works good on the Full Suss too so she doesnt get such a battering from roots and bumps when riding the local singletrack.

we get to about an hour max and she gets figety and its break time.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Is 3 hours too long for….’ is closed to new replies.