Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • ipod help
  • maxsatnav
    Free Member

sons nano has stopped being recognized by the PC that itunes and the ipod were regestred on… it wont connect to charge, but will connect to other pc and xbox to charge

other USB items are ok when plugged into same ports on pc

any suggestions????

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

plug it in

control pane>system>device manager

expand all the USB serial bus controllers

does one say ‘unknown device?

maxsatnav
    Free Member

mrmichealwright

you are a genius sir.. it should as disabled just clicked enable and away we go

saved me from the wrath of teenager “its all dads fault” syndrome

Many Thanks

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

just pretend you knew it all along and HE is stupid for not knowing what the problem is, after all YOU were’t taught about computers at school and HE is so should know better or is HE not paying attention

then dock his pocket money for as long as it takes to save it up for something shiny for your bike

as you can tell i don’t have kids

maxsatnav
    Free Member

i gave my secret away….

you can find the answer to anything via the STW masses.

aleigh
    Free Member

whilst you clever people are around – how do you delete songs off your play list? i have a few i wish to get rid of!

tomzo
    Free Member

click on the playlist in left hand menu/window thing. click on song. press delete.

tomzo
    Free Member

(I presume you’re talking about doing it in itunes? You cant do it on the iPod itself)

aleigh
    Free Member

sorry – yes i mean in itunes.

i’ve tried everything and i dont get the ‘delete’ option anywhere

tomzo
    Free Member

press delete on your keyboard is what i mean!

Or right click on the song then select delete from the menu

aleigh
    Free Member

i do and it doesnt work. i promise im not being a dumb ass!

tomzo
    Free Member

Weird. You are deleting it from the itunes part bot the part that appears when you have the ipod connected? (in other words unplug the ipod if tis plugged in atm)

Sorry if I make it sound like I’m talking down to you, just trying to make it clear as computers can be a reeeet pain!

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

you can’t delete in playlists. only in the ‘music’ folder.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

next

aleigh
    Free Member

but in the music folder it only plays the flaming album 😯

i have to unplug my ipod to delete do i?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

😯 you’ve lost me

are you trying to delete it from your computer or ipod?

aleigh
    Free Member

from the computer – i didnt think i could delete it from my ipod

tomzo
    Free Member

Using this pic, can you explain where you are trying to delete the music from?

I imagine you’re trying to delete it from the playlist, not the entire library, just removing it from that playlist. in this case, its called january 2006,so we’d just click on that, then the song, then press delete on the keyboard.

aleigh
    Free Member

i plug it in, get my playlist, highlight the song and press delete and nothing happens. i disconnect the ipod and do it and nothing happens – it’s like my delete button doesnt work. i even go to edit to click delete there and it wont highlight

aleigh
    Free Member

i click ‘recently added’ to get my list, then i get the list – highlight, press delete and then nothing

tomzo
    Free Member

Yeah….you cant delete from “recently added” UNLESS you right click on “recently added” and “edit smart playlist” and then uncheck the box live updating.

The reason that you cant delete is because, its making the playlist automatically based on the date. So it will always want to put those new songs in there unless you uncheck the box!

aleigh
    Free Member

so how do i get around that? create another folder or something? i cant believe what a pain this is! thanks for your help so far 😀

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

if you delete it from your library it will dissapear from the playlist

mboy
    Free Member

Don’t worry guys, we have successfully found out the root cause of Aleigh’s problems with iTunes and her iPod.

I shalln’t embarrass her too much, but needless to say I think her problem is that she is a woman, and not a man 😉

aleigh
    Free Member

Cheeky git! I believe a man invented this flaming ipod crap – if it was down to me it would be less complicated!

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

was she pressing the backspace key not the delete key?

or was there nail polish remover involved?

mboy
    Free Member

mrmichaelwright – Member

was she pressing the backspace key not the delete key?

or was there nail polish remover involved?

LOL

If only it were that simple!

No comprehension of what a playlist is, how they are important, or why she should have them. 😉

I’m just impressed that there was any music on her iPod at all, but seems we might have made a technological breakthrough now! Trying to explain everything over MSN isn’t the easiest though, especially to a woman. That said, I could have taught a monkey to do it in half the time!

aleigh
    Free Member

she has a name you know!

i didnt have a playlist of my own or something – its a load of rubbish if you ask me! 😉

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘ipod help’ is closed to new replies.