Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Ipod 5th gen help
  • plant
    Free Member

My daughter has a 5th gen Ipod and is able to transfer music, sync, etc., but is having problems with videos.

She has 6 films. 3 sync no problem but the other 3 don't. Tried re-formatting the films and re-syncing and re-everything …..

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

skidartist
    Free Member

Could it be that the three that aren't syncing has some sort of digital rights management thats preventing the sync – thats if they are bought/copied films rather than homemade ones of course.

Are you reformatting the films with other software or within iTunes – Advanced > Create iPod Version?

MRanger156
    Free Member

What format are the films in? Needs to be a compatible format (mp4) to work. You can convert movie files (.avi etc) with a program called Handbrake but it takes a while to convert them.

plant
    Free Member

Thanks for coming back to me – I'll have to wait and see what Liane says when she reads this response ….. (me? Luddite? never!!).

How can you tell if the films have any rights management?

Liane has already converted them and all films are in the same format. I believe the films worked OK on a Creative mp4 player before ….. Is it the Ipod (I-tunes) has more controls over the use of films?

Cheers,

ChrisHeath

Has she converted them for use with an iPod using iTunes?

Some videos seem to play in iTunes, but won't sync to an iPod unless they're coverted using the procedure in iTunes first. Some seem fine without.

vinnyeh

It's too difficult to tell the exact problem without knowing the exact encoding done to the files – avi, mp4 etc are just containers for files, and not really a guarantee of compatibility with a particular device.
    Best bet is to install handbrake and just to run the videos through using one of the presets for the ipod.

plant
    Free Member

Thanks for the info so far. Given us something to work on.

Whilst I hope not, I expect I will be back on here sometime tomorrow.

Cheers,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Ipod 5th gen help’ is closed to new replies.