Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • IPhone to laptop audio. 3.5mm jack not working
  • Pook

Any idea how I can get audio from the iPhone into audacity without sending the file?

I’ve connected it jack to jack but on audacity, no input audio is showing. Works fine with my android phone

Pook

anyone?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Tried headphones to check no fluff in ya hole? Oooerr

jambalaya
    Free Member

That should work, if not it’s either you have the phone on mute or something is broken. Can you listen to music on headphones as per @wysiwyg suggestion

cbike
    Free Member

Some mini jacks assemblies are too chunky and wont fit all the way in to activate the headphone socket.

Why can”t you send the file?

Pook

Various firewalls, disabled usbs and miniscule size limits on emails.

I can play the sound through headphones. I can also get a very, very quiet feed which is too distorted and ‘polluted’ with fuzz when amplified. As I say, android, no bother.

Cougar

Sorry but I have to ask, have you connected it to Mic / Line In on the PC and not to a headphone jock?

Cougar

I can also get a very, very quiet feed which is too distorted and ‘polluted’ with fuzz when amplified.

That sounds like either the jack isn’t fully inserted or the volume on the phone is too low. Have you got a case on the iPhone that it’s fouling on perhaps?

Have you tried using Bluetooth? If your laptop’s BT stack supports A2DP you should be able to play it back that way, no cables required. I think.

Pook

Headphone jack appears to function as line in. I’ve only one 3.5mm jack on the laptop.
    Volume way up on I phone. Jack jammed in.

Like I say, no problem on android. Does iPhone have some weird connection on the jack socket or something?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Nope. Play mine via aux on stereo all the time.

wwaswas

Only time I’ve ever had problems is then there’s a phone case fitted stopping the jack pushing fully home.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Fluff in the jack hole, it’s quite common and I’ve had this before . Blast with air or stuck a safety pin in and dig around.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘IPhone to laptop audio. 3.5mm jack not working’ is closed to new replies.