• This topic has 52 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by AdamW.
Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Internet sleuths of STW – impress me….
  • DrP

Well I rang my provider to ask if they can block the number incoming – they can’t specifically block, but can give me the option to ‘refuse answer’ when they call.
    Sounded like faff, so have got a new landline number…

Shall i post it here in case anyone wants it?? 😉

Cheers for the suggestions and pleasant thoughts – it’s by far NOT the worst crime in history, but it’s just seems a ‘one sided attack’ without the means to address the issue or defend/apologise if I really have done something wrong…

DrP

Markie
    Free Member

I’d be a bit concerned about allowing this thread to exist at all – it *may* provide a link between ‘you as your harasser knows you’ and ‘DrP, STW member’ – if they may the connection then they instantly have great deal more information about you than even currently.

woody2000

An airhorn/attack alarm blasted down the phone would sort this out pretty quickly I reckon 😈

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I totally feel for you right now man, I’m getting ID-frauded, or something at the moment and it’s getting weirder by the day…..

*shuffles and looks around nervously*

maccruiskeen

An airhorn/attack alarm blasted down the phone would sort this out pretty quickly I reckon

Wow – that would be loud, I mean really loud. It would be, like, exactly as loud as the speaker on someones phone. Christ that could actually be loud enough to blind someone in the ear. Dr P is an actual doctor. That means he’s sworn a Socratic Oath that for prohibits him from doing that sort of thing, at least when he’s on duty.

DezB
    Free Member

that could actually be loud enough to blind someone in the ear.

I 😆 ed

BaronVonP7
    Free Member

A fairly long time ago, by accident, I saw some trace/association stuff that I dont think i was supposed to see (Cellnet era). I’ve done a couple of stints at another telco and it *seems* to me, that if the motivation is there, it’s not that hard at all to get the ID of a caller (CDR analysis etc).

I think the effort<>reward thing is not biased in your favour. If you’re under GMP jurisdiction, then it might be easier to just move…. 😀

mst
    Free Member

Why not harass the carrier that call originates from via Twitter ?

woody2000

I reckon it would be pretty unpleasant. You’d have to put your own ear plugs in first mind 🙂

Failing that, the old cartoon punch down the phone would work…

hammyuk
    Free Member

The Whatsapp idea does work – used it myself from random numbers texting to see who it is.
    Just save the number under any name, open Whatsapp, open their contact tab and you’d be surprised what pops up 😉

thegreatape
    Free Member

The Socratic Oath? At least they’ve replaced that old pish Hippocrates spouted.

soma_rich – Member

The Police have the powers to find out who any number is registered to and who and when they have been calling. Quote Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000 at the Police and tell them to pull their fingers out as its a very simple thing for them to do.

Ironically, its RIPA that prevents the police getting all this information as and when they want. Quote it at them if you wish, but don’t be disappointed if doing so doesn’t have the effect you anticipate.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Probably not the solution you’re looking for and if you’ve already changed the number then it’s probably too late but if they’re not withholding the number would getting a phone with a caller display help? At least that way you can not choose not to answer calls from the dodgy number, or in fact any number you don’t recognise.

AdamW
    Free Member

Christ that could actually be loud enough to blind someone in the ear.

Ear cataracts? 😀

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Internet sleuths of STW – impress me….’ is closed to new replies.