Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 160 total)
  • Interlagos F1 (with spoilers)
  • plumber
    Free Member

Pants! but well done finger boy

rickmeister

Alonso for the nearly world champion… doesn’t look too happy…

davidjones15
    Free Member

What a season.
    Who said F1 was boring?
    Well done Vettel.
    Unlucky Alonso. 🙁

plumber
    Free Member

And of course well done button

hora
    Free Member

The win to he who plays clean.

davidjones15
    Free Member

Who’s taking over from Jake then?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Dunno/don’t care. Been watching on sky all season, impressed with what they’ve done

wrecker
    Free Member

Excellent!
    Best man won. Well done vettell.

hora
    Free Member

Vettells missus 8)

Harry_the_Spider

Vettells missus

I wonder what she sees in him?

roady_tony
    Free Member

congrats Vettel. great race to end one! Alonso drove his guts out all season.

BBC coverage what a pile of self-bloated crap – forget the musical interludes, slow mo’s and all that sh**. and sack Eddie and Coulthard, and just give us full season live races…..

JCL
    Free Member

Hamilton would have walked that championship with more reliability/luck.

davidjones15
    Free Member

I’d rather listen to Coulthard than Brundle, Jordan’s guaranteed value for money too. When can the Beeb get the full seaon back?

Hamilton would have walked that championship with more reliability/luck.

I disagree, it would have been Alonso’s if he’d scored more points.

roady_tony
    Free Member

>>Hamilton would have walked that championship with more reliability/luck.
    Alonso?

hora
    Free Member

Hamilton would have won if theyd employed ANYONE from all the other teams to staff their pitcrew and a team principle who knew what to do.

Contract negotiations?

They actually said ‘its a recession/he must understand this’.

Fast forward they sign someone who cant drive. Look at post Mika though.McLaren are the next Williams. A nowhere team.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Excellent coverage from Sky in their first year. Loved every minute of it.
    Roll on next year!

Mintman
    Free Member

Excellent coverage from Sky in their first year. Loved every minute of it.
    Roll on next year!

Did I see at the end that all races are live on the Beeb next season?

roady_tony
    Free Member

>>Did I see at the end that all races are live on the Beeb next season?
    no the exact words were :
    “see australia live next year and the entire season will be covered by the bbc”

this bbc/sky rights is tied up until 2016 i believe.

roady_tony
    Free Member

interesting , webber is no where to be seen….

davidjones15
    Free Member
    teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Karma exists! In the result of the race and the WC. Well done JB and Vettel. Bad luck Lewis but you wrote yourself out of a fairy tale ending. And the guys who bent the rule to their limit/cheated were teased right to the end. How fitting!

FeeFoo
    Free Member

I’d love the BBC to get the full rights to show every race again.
    Unfortunately it seems like that won’t happen for a while.

In the meantime, Sky have been great – especially with all the extra coverage of Practice etc.
    Crofty and Brundle and Ted provide the best commentary I’ve ever experienced in F1.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Crofty and Brundle and Ted provide the best commentary I’ve ever experienced in F1.

Murray?

jota180
    Free Member

Murray?

He wasn’t that good TBH, just a character

Love Ted’s input on the Sky team, his opposite number on the beeb [Gary Anderson] doesn’t really do it IMO, great technical experience but just not delivered well.

roady_tony
    Free Member

i’d love it if in 2013 someone at the back does a Brawn and produces a Caterham or Murissia that wins the title 😉

mikey74
    Free Member

Bad luck Lewis but you wrote yourself out of a fairy tale ending.

Meaning? Lewis was taken out through no fault of his own.

PrinceJohn

i’d love it if in 2013 someone at the back does a Brawn and produces a Caterham or Murissia that wins the title

That won’t happen – the only reason Brawn did it was because they rose from the ashes of a massive rule change & the r&d Honda had put in the year before in preparation before spectacularly pulling out of F1.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Mikey – I was referring to the karma with Hamilton, not the incident itself.

PrinceJohn

Mikey – I was referring to the karma with Hamilton, not the incident itself.

What he’s done wrong to deserve the bad karma? If it wasn’t for reliability & the team letting him down he’d’ve been right up there in the championship mix

ijs445ra
    Free Member

How come nothing happened with vettel passing kobyashi(sp?) under yellows?

jota180
    Free Member

How come nothing happened with vettel passing kobyashi(sp?) under yellows?

It wasn’t yellows apparently, the FIA confirmed yellow/red

stevewhyte
    Free Member

I was at my inlays this weekend who have sky. Funny thing is I decided to watch it on the beeb, I think they have done F1 proud over the past few years and really should not have let it go the way they did.

This will probably be the last few years F1 will ever be one council telly.

atlaz
    Free Member

Love Ted’s input on the Sky team, his opposite number on the beeb [Gary Anderson] doesn’t really do it IMO, great technical experience but just not delivered well.

But Ted is just a TV pundit, at least Gary Anderson is actually someone who has worked in F1, designed race-winning cars and has some insight. Ted is a good journalist but still just someone who writes about people like Gary. That said, not watched Sky F1 so maybe I’m wrong

jota180
    Free Member

As I said Gary Anderson has great technical knowledge [no doubt EJ got him the gig] but I don’t think he delivers it well.

roady_tony
    Free Member

would not surprise me if BBC cut right back now on the coverage and just get 15mins before race/qualy and post race/qualy on the ones they cover.

legend
    Free Member

I would be more than happy with that! I never sit through the full hour build-up anymore

jota180
    Free Member

I do wonder how the beeb justify some of the resource they use

10 o’clock news last night they had a man reporting on the race, from the track in Sao Paulo.
    They didn’t bother with the journo’s they had out there for the race coverage, they had someone totally different doing it.

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

but I don’t think he delivers it well.

i’ve really enjoyed garys imputs – he can break it down very quickly into simple terms and quite funny seeing sky having all the fancy graphics, but not really getting the explination across when compared to gary with a photo print out and a marker pen.

boblo
    Free Member

I think Anderson’s imput is fantastic. He knows his onions from the ground up, has a wealth of experience and above all, doesn’t go for the flavour of the day business bullsh1t sayings. He’s clear, knowledgable, credible and adds clarity to the coverage in an interesting/entertaining way. (btw, he’s not a family member 🙂 )

What more can you ask from him? At least he’s not superficial Jake or idiotic Eddie….

thepurist

IMO Anderson is a real find for the BBC. Eg – Kravitz spots a new front wing, talks to someone at the team and then reports whatever they told him about it. Anderson looks at a new front wing and works out what the changes are trying to do, reports that and also discusses the strengths and weaknesses of that particular solution. He may not have Ted’s clear diction but the content is untouchable. If you’ve had a chance to listen to him during the free practice coverage then his insight and comment there is fantastic – he gets a bit more air time than during the race coverage.

As for the Beeb cutting F1 – it’s still a massive audience for them on a Sunday afternoon, they sell their coverage to umpteen different countries who still take every race live so the BBC team needs to be there. Also AIUI the biggest cost was the levy to Bernie rather than the cost of filming their bits in the pit lane, so the deal with Sky has taken a huge lump sum out of their budget. You’d hope that whoever then signed up to this deal to 2018 got some sort of sign off on the costs before they went public and announced the ‘live F1 continues to 2018’ news.

Continued ‘free’ coverage beyond 2018 will depend on the new Concorde agreement as much as anything else – whether the teams (& their sponsors) decide that it’s in their commercial interests to have live races seen by the largest audience or to lose exposure in lieu of cash from a pay TV deal. Sadly the fans will always come 2nd to their ability to generate income and continue racing.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 160 total)

The topic ‘Interlagos F1 (with spoilers)’ is closed to new replies.