Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Interesting places to visit near Horwich!
  • the-muffin-man

We’re going to see my sister in Horwich at the weekend and could do with a few ideas of places to go with kids under 10. Within 45mins drive ideally.

Now in an normal family my sister would know of such places, having lived there for six years, but her and her hubbys idea of doing something different is changing the TV channel! And I’m certainly not spending the whole weekend indoors listening to her rant on and watching shite telly*.

Any advice gratefully received!

(*you can tell I’m not looking forward to this visit!)

RustySpanner

Hmm, Haigh Hall isn’t too far away, but a nice walk around Rivington is much nearer and nicer IMO.

Lot’s of places to explore, a cafe, nice food and great views (October in Lancashire permitting 😀 )

Wacth out for those nasty louts on mountain bikes though, they get everywhere.

derek_starship
    Free Member

I’ve read some “long shot” threads on here but asking about something interesting to do in/near Horwich is stretching it!

Botany Bay is just up the M61 😐

Harry_the_Spider

Blackpool lights.

nbt

train from Horwich Parkway into That Manchester opens up all sorts of possibilities like MOSI

mt
    Free Member

is the temperance bar still open?

binners

Well you could do this Sunday

The Rake hillclimb

You could come over early and take the kids on the steam train

East Lancs Railway

And have lunch in the

chocolate cafe

binners

Or go and watch the United Liverpool game in one of Horwiches delightful public houses. Then have a fight. That’s compulsory I’m afraid

yoshimi

Go-Ape at Rivington could be fun if you wanted more than a walk, but a walk up the PIke and around Chinese Gardens might be interesting if you’ve not been before

Or head into Manchester and do the underground tunnel tour

the-muffin-man

I’ve read some “long shot” threads on here but asking about something interesting to do in/near Horwich is stretching it!

I know!

Cheers for the suggestions so far.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Interesting places to visit near Horwich!’ is closed to new replies.