Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Intense Frame Re-Finish?
  • chamber66
    Free Member

Hi
    i have an Intense frame that is starting to look not so great. Does anyone know of or can recommend somewhere that can re do it. i could take it to my local powdercoaters, but the grit they have would be to harsh (I think)
    If it was painted i would strip it myself, but being powdercoat it may take a little work
    Any suggestions?

stevied
    Free Member

When I bought my 6.6 it had been ‘rawed’ pretty badly so decided to get it sprayed. Wanted ‘Works Red’ but that uses a very expensive primer so opted for the nearest I could find – Candy Apple Red. Really pleased with the paint job. Stickers are from Slikgraphics and were a custom colour/style to update the older 6.6 graphics:

chamber66
    Free Member

That looks fantastic.
    Problem I’m seeing/reading is removing the powder coat in the first place

stevied
    Free Member

I didn’t think Intense did powder coating. Might be wrong tho. Your local coater should be able to recommend the best way to get it off. We’ve got a bead blaster @ work so, as mine was already stripped, I just used the finest beads to remove any marks/paint etc.
    Maybe they could use various grades to remove the powder coating on yours?

chamber66
    Free Member

All Intense frames are powder coated to my knowledge. I have tried stripping powder coat on motorcycle parts before. And not very successfully. It can be bead blasted off, but ends up taking a lot of metal off 😥

stevied
    Free Member

What colour is yours now?

chamber66
    Free Member

Red 😀 of course

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Intense Frame Re-Finish?’ is closed to new replies.