Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Insuring your modified van
  • druidh
    Free Member

So… if you’ve bought a panel van, put in a couple of windows and a second row of seats…..

….who did you insure with?

Andy

Try Lifesure

spooky_b329

Insurance choice. Also try Adrian flux, frank pickles and camptons.

bramblerash
    Free Member

I’ve got mine with HIC through just campers, £450 fully comp, on a converted vw t5 panel van with windows and three seats added.

redted
    Free Member

Same as Bramblerash, never claimed mind, but getting covered was almost a pleasure. Dead easy to deal with.

italspark
    Free Member

ditto, justkampers

99percentchimp
    Free Member

I’ve gone with Vantage Insurance Services Limited through the C&CC – got a quote of around £240 FC with 120 days to convert to a campervan.
    It started life as VW LWB T5 window van with seats already fitted (similar to yours I guess) and will end up as a full blown camper.
    I am guessing that they will look at increasing the premium once the conversion is complete (as the vehicle value will have risen) but I’m hoping that they see campervans as lower risk than panel/window vans as it may not go up too much… we’ll see in few weeks.
    I’ll update later.

spooky_b329

Anyone use justkampers to insure a van that isn’t a VW?!

steveh

National farmers union were fine when i added seats to my van as long as I had the installation cert to send them. Call them up, they do vans on private policies and tend to be very cheap for great cover.

trickydisco
    Free Member

justkampers is underwritten by HIC AFAIK.

Mine’s with adrian flux with all mods listed.

Adrian flux and HIC are now sister companies

Make sure you change your v5 to include windows

cozmobozo
    Free Member

Brentacre insurance are worth a call too. Got my t4 with them on a modified vehicle policy so I can do any modifications

boxelder

Secnd Brentacre – £415 for a newish T5 with seats, roof etc.

druidh
    Free Member

Thanks for all the suggestions.

NFU came up best on this occasion – and might I say it was a pleasure to deal with them over the phone.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Insuring your modified van’ is closed to new replies.