• This topic has 25 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by benp1.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Inspire me with you interesting salads
  • dashed
    Free Member

As per the title really – looking to expand my salad repertoire to liven up dinner a bit! Preferably stuff that’s easy to make and going to keep me feeling full afterwards, so not just a bag of salad leaves and some cherry tomatoes 🙂

mrjmt
    Free Member
    khani
    Free Member

Kaffir Lime (Citrus Hystrix) leaves, finely chopped in whatever salad you’re making,
    Amazeballs!

Stoner
    Free Member

long slices of courgette, griddled, chilled, tossed in vinaigrette.

Red Camargue rice salad

Grilled asparagus pieces, peas or mangetout-rodney and lumps of cooked ham hock, w leaves. Try a vinaigrette with extra mustard in it for that one.

Cous cous (or quinoa, dahling) with peas, prawns and spring onions. Dressing.

gobuchul
    Free Member

All you need

Stoner
    Free Member

ah. Tramp vomit.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Get a garlic mincer and use a clove of garlic and half>whole chilli.
    Sprinkle over.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Waldorf Salad – just make sure you’re not out of Waldorfs 😉

dashed
    Free Member

Ta – keep them coming!

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

black spaghetti, feta cheese, basil leaves, cherry tomatoes and garlic flavoured olive oil as a recent packed lunch.
    With the big plus of how vile black spaghetti looks when coated with oil.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I prefer a salad of deep fried potato and sausage.

molgrips
    Free Member

Spinach, watercress and rocket leaves
    Chopped spicy chicken
    Optional beans
    Tossed in hot sauce for dressing – Cholula for me as I don’t like it vinegary
    Cheese on top
    Bit of salsa if required

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Salad. What food eats.

sprootlet
    Free Member

Chickpea salad
    halved cherry tomatoes, finely chopped red onion, zest of a lemon and a chilli to your taste. Bring tin of chickpeas to boil and let cool. Once cooled slightly add to the tomatoes, onion and chilli.
    Finish off with 1/2 pack cubed feta cheese and chopped fresh mint leaves.
    The dressing is the juice of the zested lemon mixed with the oil of your choice (I use 2 oil to 1 lemon juice ratio
    Enjoy

yunki
    Free Member

Handful each of fresh mint, coriander and parsley, coarsely chopped up into a bulb or two of roasted fennel..

Add plenty of shredded cabbage, carrot and beets along with plenty of lemon and your favourite leaves..
    Chuck in loads seeds and nuts for protein and you should be able to keep going all day 🙂

Xylene
    Free Member

Bacon Salad – Back bacon, streaky bacon, and chopped bacon chop, slided gammon, all mixed together with a spicy BBQ sauce.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Pear walnut and blue cheese.

Add green stuff if you fancy

sandwicheater

No, shan’t.

Mackem

Pie salad.

ocrider

Pear walnut and blue cheese.
    Add green stuff if you fancy

Served on an endive leaf, this works great as finger food.

Finely sliced raw fennel with an orange juice, white wine/cider vinegar and honey dressing with rocket is one of my current favourites.

zippykona

Well you inspired me.
    Green leaf, asparagus ,pomegranate, mushrooms cooked in whizzed up olive butter,caramelised walnuts and mouldy cheese. Washed down with that aldi lager from the other thread.

Stoner
    Free Member

cant see any bacon in that.
    Fail.

zippykona

Bacon sarnie for breakfast!

Xylene
    Free Member

Chuck in loads seeds and nuts for protein and you should be able to keep farting all day

benp1

Define salad – when does rice and pasta, or potato, go from main meal to salad? When cold?

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Inspire me with you interesting salads’ is closed to new replies.