• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Insect bites are, as we all know,
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

one of the most irritating things bikers have to put up with, apart from grumbly old people in red socks and arsey car drivers.

I’ve recently discovered, and will recommend, this:

Between that and the anti-histamine cream and can of deet, the little bastards haven’t got a chance…

bikebouy
    Free Member

I had a proper sore and blister come up the other day having been nabbed by some small fly with a proper sting and angry face.. Still there, left a red mark..
    Little sod.

Normally I get chomped by Horse Flies around my way.. they’re nasty too.

richmtb

I’ve tried those little electrical bite relief zappers.

They do sod all for me I still itch

hora
    Free Member

They don’t work on me either. Nothing stops them bubbling up, popping and infecting so I just wear tights under my shorts now. Job jobbed.

DezB
    Free Member

Local Chemist sold me some After Bite Plus. It works ok on insect bites, best I have tried, but on nettle stings it is amazing. The ammonia tingles weirdly for a while (so you know it’s working), then…. no more nettle itch.

http://www.tendercorp.com/after-bite-the-itch-eraser

stevenk4563
    Free Member

Jungle formula max strength for protection, but if I do get one I find a face cloth soaked with hot water then put on the bite till it tingles is the best relief, lasts a couple of hours.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Up yo’ game 🙂

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtxygHXBwNE[/video]

phiiiiil

We keep a few clicky things about the place; I think ours came from Boots. They seem to do the trick for us. The fact that they require only finger power is great, we’d have used gallons of creams, sprays or whatnot otherwise.

Gunz
    Free Member

best I have tried, but on nettle stings

You’ll put all the Dock Leaves out of work Dez.

oldejeans
    Free Member

anyone else getting regularly nibbled on by Blandford flies?

pictonroad

sellotape.

Yeh, I know, i thought the same. Try it on insect bites, no idea why but it works.

DezB
    Free Member

You’ll put all the Dock Leaves out of work

Have they ever worked?!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Insect bites are, as we all know,’ is closed to new replies.