Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Inner tube – with a difference.
  • Wally

Never seen this before.

from Decathlon here. Designed for fiddly dutch bikes with coaster brakes and dynamo cables?

jam-bo

Quite common for bmx.

Stoner
    Free Member

nice idea. What’s “10 mins” though? the time it takes to fit or how long you can use it for?

whytesky
    Free Member

Brilliant idea.

I’d imagine the 10 mins refers to how long it needs to be left to fuse or join or whatever the term would be before inflating.

Stoner
    Free Member

the ends are closed and dont need fusing or gluing

http://gaadi.de/gaadi-fahrradschlauch/

I think they mean that it takes less than 10 mins to change an inner their way, compared to 20mins (if you’re cack handed I guess) for conventional tubes.

simondbarnes

What Stoner said.
    They’ve been around for years. I’d completely forgotten about them. I should probably get one as a spare for my commuting e-bike 🙂

scaredypants

Ooooh, not seen those before – might start carrying one for emergency “repairs” to tubeless tyres if they do mtb sizes. The not having to bugger about so much with a filthy wet wheel would do it for me in that situation.

mark90
    Free Member

I had a tube like that 20 odd years ago, but it didn’t have the shaped ends, it just had crimped flat ends that over lapped slightly. In reality unless the wheel is particularly difficult to remove I couldn’t see much benefit over a normal tube. And unless you have a lot of clearance in the fork/stays you’ll need to remove the wheel anyway.

scotroutes

Popular in Brompton sizes too.

It’s one of those things that have been around for ages and folk “discover” randomly. Their time has come with hub-motored e-bikes though 🙂

orangeboy
    Free Member

For things like e-bikes with rear wheel motors or a pashly princess with skirt guard and full chain case that’s a faf to remove and refit. Those tunes are great and not at all new

takisawa2

My lad said the other day, “why don’t we put a swimming woggle inside the tyre Daddy…”
    I rubbed my chin.”…

mark90
    Free Member

Moto-X and endruo (motorbike) riders have been doing that for years, well not swimming woggles but foam ‘mouse’ inner tube replacements.

RustySpanner

What’s a swimming woggle?

Suggsey
    Free Member

Ah a swimming noodle inside a tubeless fatbike set up 💡

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Inner tube – with a difference.’ is closed to new replies.