Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 133 total)
  • Inktober 2018
  • DezB
    Free Member

Very good, that pregnant one.

I tried (a bit of) colour in my “swollen”  – problem is, it looks fine from a bit of distance, but up close a bit of a mess, so annnyway (squint) –

Further away 😀

DezB
    Free Member

Bottle:

jonm81

Great couple of drawings Dez.

DezB
    Free Member

Thanks Jonm, enjoying getting a bit of colour in as always done b&w.

jonm81

I keep thinking about doing something in colour but fancy the challenge of getting through with 3 pens and a pad of paper which cost less than £2 in total.

Turns out drawing glass is damn hard. I gave up after the third attempt below.

18. Bottle.

Cougar

Can I just say,

I don’t have an artistic bone in my body.  I’m sincerely in awe of some of the posts on this thread.  There’s some real talent here.

DezB
    Free Member

Turns out drawing glass is damn hard.

Certainly with ink… which is one of the reasons I went for a different bottle 🙂

jonm81

Not only did I lose count a few days ago it turns out I can’t spell either.

19. Scorched

jonm81

20. Breakable

jonm81

21. Drain

jonm81

Getting a bit self conscious being the only one posting on this thread.

22. Expensive

DezB
    Free Member

Going well, jon!

Can’t believe nobody else posting. Busy over the weekend.. and I’ve lost my drawing pad, which is mildy irritating.

Euro
    Free Member

Great stuff peeps and well done Jon for sticking it at it. Forgot all about this this year. Used last year as springboard to get painting again (which is sporadic at best).

jonm81

Thanks guys.  Losing the will to carry on this week but determined to finish all 31 for the first time.

Guess the book today’s is from.

23. Muddy (thick oozy mud)

TwirlipoftheMists

I’d totally forgotten about this thread. I’m very glad to have found it! Lots of good stuff.

Here’s yesterday’s effort:

More here: https://www.instagram.com/thatmattwooding

DezB
    Free Member

Nice style Twirlips 🙂

Here’s my ‘muddy’

still can’t find me flippin pad 😠

jonm81

I’m seriously envious of most of the pics on your instagram Twirlips.

Nice muddy bike Dezb. I thought about doing something similar but couldn’t figure out how to do the mud splat/spray.

DezB
    Free Member

To be fair, the spray is the bit I’m least happy with on mine 🙂

TwirlipoftheMists

Thanks gents.

I like the mud, @DezB. There’s lots of movement in there. Sometimes, all you need is a controlled scribble!

Here’s the latest:

I’ve been struggling with the prompts this year. I had a theme in mind last time but life has been getting in the way. I keep thinking that some of my efforts make decent first-draughts but that there’s no time for the final piece. Perhaps that’s what November can be for.

TwirlipoftheMists

@jonm81 I always feel sorry for the bear at the end of that book. Nice drawing.

jonm81

I always feel sorry for the bear at the end of that book.

Glad it’s not just me. I always tell my daughter it is going back to the cave sad as it isn’t the bears fault it looks scary and that it only wanted someone to play with.

mogrim

Got a bit of colour envy, then my birthday got in the way of doing any more:

TwirlipoftheMists

@jonm81 Exactly. It looks so forlorn. I suppose, by saying these things, we may be giving our offspring a very poor sense of what bears are really like. If my daughter ends up being eaten by a bear I shall blame that book.

jonm81

Great diver Mogrim.

Hong Kong Phooey today!

24. Chop

DezB
    Free Member

Quickie for tonight

jonm81

Tried twice to do a real hedgehog but they looked absolutely shite so here’s Sonic instead.

25. Prickly

mogrim

Playing with Tippex, seems I lack the patience (and probably talent) to do a good job drawing spines!

TwirlipoftheMists

Here’s one:

DezB
    Free Member

Inktober 1975.. cool 😀

Won’t be around to do any, until “Double” on Monday. Will try to find some Inktober 197x pics to post up too 🙂

TwirlipoftheMists

Have you ever read ‘The Stress of Her Regard’ by Tim Powers? It’s a good book – though I’ve forgotten nearly everything about its plot. The copy I got from the library when I was a teenager had a snake lady on the cover. It was by Mark Salwowski. He did lots of Iain Banks covers too. Anyway, a snake lady:

jonm81

Like the drawings DezB and Twirlip.

Can’t post anything from the 70’s as, well I’m not as ancient as you guys.  Might see if I can find something from the late 80’s.

26. Stretch

jonm81

Really couldn’t think of anything for Thunder so here is a lightning instead.

27. Thunder

jonm81

28. Gift

redthunder
    Free Member
    jonm81

That emu’s got some character Redthunder.  Looks like it is about to pop out the screen and peck you in the face.

29. Double

redthunder
    Free Member

Thanks Jonm81

I sketched him last night just as a idle doodle, first thoughts for a logo design. I was told to leave it when it had a certain character by the SO. Then I was afraid to do any more 🙂

Liking all the sketches and drawings above 🙂

redthunder
    Free Member
    redthunder
    Free Member
    redthunder
    Free Member
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 133 total)

The topic ‘Inktober 2018’ is closed to new replies.