Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • indy 500 practice crash… (woman driver content)
  • billybob
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztR-BfJfbWs&feature=player_embedded#at=11[/video]

Surprised to see it catch fire @ the end, after watching Hammond’s science program on F1 with the flexible fuel tanks I’m surprised they don’t seem to have them in this series? Or do they & the impact burst it?

wwaswas

(woman driver content)

*sigh*

iDave
    Free Member

Yeah, and men never crash… 🙄

Jamie
    Free Member

wwaswas:
    *sigh*

Technically, the OP is correct though?

rOcKeTdOg

“mickey Mouse” gloves, still lucky to get away with just burnt hands

and hardly the drivers fault as something mechanical blew before she veared off

billybob
    Free Member

women driver content was meant firmly tongue in cheek – forgot how sensitive you lot are – any one that drives those things is far braver & more skilled than I’ll ever be

rOcKeTdOg

she was cleared under biked car’d though

richmars

The fire didn’t seem that much, maybe just what was external to the tank?

rOcKeTdOg

don’t they use methanol though, you can’t see the flame, the visible flame was probably something else

cp

looks like the car failed anyway to cause it – looks like a spectacular oil leak or something as just before she slithers off there’s smoke and a trail of juice on the track. Wonder if it’s just residue oil from this which catches fire – we don’t get to see how long the flames go on for in that video.

good to see she can just walk away from it though.

andyl
    Free Member

aye they run on alcohol so you can’t see the fire. Sustainably produced i think too.

the fire there will be oil – engine or gearbox or both.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Probably doing her makeup in the mirror and wasn’t paying attention.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Compared to Europe and F1, the safety standards in US motorsport are poor. They’ve improved in recent years, but are still some way behind.

bullheart
    Free Member

That’s how my Granddad used to pull in to Tescos. Every week.

stumpy01

bullheart – Member
    That’s how my Granddad used to pull in to Tescos. Every week.

😀

That tickled me.

What made it lift off, once it started sliding?
    Quite amazing that people can walk away from this kind of thing.

Kato

I reckon a bit of T-Cut will sort that

grum
    Free Member

It’s going to need something a lot stronger than T-Cut to fix that.

Gaffer tape.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’m not sure what’s funner, the “woman driver” heading or the usual suspects actually not seeing it’s a joke.

Just wait till Fred gets here…

BigJohn

That was definitely her nail polish remover that spilled out of the car before it went off.

And “Sustainably Produced” usually means ripping down rainforest and planting crops for fuel instead of crops for 3rd world food.

wwaswas

the usual suspects actually not seeing it’s a joke.

I *sigh*ed because I knew it was an attempt at a joke.

the problem is it’s become one of those things that starts a row and perpetuates the view that STW is the home of testosterone fueled posts, even if used ‘ironically’.

Kato

Danica Patrick can drive pretty well

molgrips
    Free Member

Is she old enough to have passed her test?

Kato

WHat Danica Patrick? Think she’s about 30

molgrips
    Free Member

I was commenting on her appearance in that probably airbrushed pic 🙂

5lab

What made it lift off, once it started sliding?

looked like it was just aerodynamics. they probably don’t consider the effects of all those wings on the car going sideways at 200mph.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I wonder if her bum looks big in that..

To be fair to women drivers though, some can actually drive pretty dam fast, certaily when taking the kids to skool and not seeing roadies on roundabouts, then knocking them off causing broken collarbones and busted bikes yadda yaddda, then driving off..
    That’ll be the same woman who lives down the road from me then, who incidentally was prosecuted for said offence and I still see her now on the phone in her puke waggon.

Kato

5lab – Member

looked like it was just aerodynamics. they probably don’t consider the effects of all those wings on the car going sideways at 200mph.

Aye, NASCAR’s have these pop up roof flaps that act as a spolier to supposedly keep the car on the deck if they spin

DOn’t seem to work that well though 😆

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

If you get any air under tha car at that speed it willfly – check this out. It was doing 200 mph – planes take of at half of that
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1WnxrMipKY[/video]

wwaswas

check this out. It was doing 200 mph – planes take of at half of that

I think if Mercedes had just tweaked the aeordynamics package a little more their car would have taken off at half that too…

rOcKeTdOg

cynic-al – Member
    I’m not sure what’s funner, the “woman driver” heading or the usual suspects actually not seeing it’s a joke.

Just wait till Fred gets here…

i’m not sure what’s more predictable, Al posting this to deliberately stir up a thread that was going ok or…no hang on, that is the most predictable

you’d be a rubbish DJ Al, you never change the record 😕

Junkyard
    Free Member

I’m not sure what’s funner, the “woman driver” heading or the usual suspects actually not seeing it’s a joke

I am not sure either is that funny tbh
    It is shame there are so few women on here. Only last week C_G got some abuse for asking us to be a bit nicer and not so mysoginistic [ not seen her since either]. the result is this becomes a place full of men being “ironic” in their belittling of women.
    not needed and not that funny.
    that merc one is spectacular will show the kids that later

molgrips
    Free Member

So we’re allowed to josh about with each other, but not if it’s a woman?

emsz
    Free Member

Imma gonna show this thread to my missus. She drives really fast LOL

cynic-al
    Free Member

RD you miss my point (and your record is the same too) whic is that the joke can be taken in a pre-feminist “offensive to women” vein (and has been by the “serious” types 🙄 ) or with a post-feminist angle: “having a pop at blokes who would make those jokes” (by me and most others)

I tend to take humour on here in the latter way on here unless it’s by a serial near-racist/sexist etc.

To get your knickers in a twist just makes you look a bit silly IMO, I can’t believe the OP posted to have a dig at women, it’s just a funny aside, beacuse it’s such a ridiculous joke – having a pop at women drivers via those at the top of their game.

But anyway, keep on fighting the wimmins’ cause!

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

But anyway, keep on fighting the wimmins’ cause!

Too right, we all know they can’t fight it themselves, the poor little loves.

Good job the knights of the internet are around to save the day.

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Did you see this one? Christ he must have a headache!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=899uqOdfg88[/video]

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘indy 500 practice crash… (woman driver content)’ is closed to new replies.