Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)
  • Indoor Footwear
  • chakaping
    Free Member

Wearing a pair myself right now.

And nothing else, right?

Have I left my webcam switched on again?

trail_rat
    Free Member

i have a pair of them rossburton wife bought them for me one xmas. …. wife hates my crocs….

how ever i hate those things….. the dropped heel makes them a chuff to walk in keep falling down like flip flops.

That said since i covered the floor boards in the hall i rarely need to wear footwear in the house.

sparkyrhino

Flame away!
    I have had a pair of Ugg mules for around 10 years, comfy as hell,lots of bald patches in the sheepskin,and smell so bad the dog doesn’t even go near them
    Ps they were a present

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Summer = Nude feet.
    Spring and Autumn = Socks.
    Most of winter = Thick socks.
    Absolute dead of winter = These ?????

tjagain

Slippers? Slippers?

Jeepers were you all born middleaged?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Jeepers were you all born middleaged?

I’m 50, that’s past middle aged. I don’t need to pretend I’m young anymore and I like comfort.

And someone saying ‘jeepers’ whilst castigating people for wearing sippers is a bit off. We you born pretending to be an american?

tjagain

Jeepers in not American. I like archaic non sweary swearywords. Crikey, jeepers, piffle, jings, help ma boab. cor blimey etc

mrblobby
    Free Member

Beej, let me know when you have a pair so I can pop round and try them on for size 🙂

Actually looking for some new slippers after a putoline accident in the shed the other day 😳

ebygomm
    Free Member

TNF traction mules better than tent mules imo. Rubber sole so can pop outside in them.

Gary_M
    Free Member

It makes you sound middle ages at best

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

It makes you sound middle ages at best

I was thinking it sounded like a minor Scooby Doo character.

DezB
    Free Member

Nuvola cheap off SportPursuit. Mine were £10 (and black) – you need a size up if you don’t want the heels to squish like a pair of fabric crocs.
    I only wear em in the morning for some reason, socks the rest of the time.
    They do some nice woolly ones too.

funkmasterp

If I’d known you were all this bad I’d have started a what’s your favourite boiled sweet thread ages ago

convert

Thread has come at the perfect time for me. Stupid foot has developped a mortons neuroma thingy and barefoot is agony. As sommeone who went 9months without wearing shoes once and believes the Skandi no shoes in the house thing should be law this is a problem. Some good options here.

Middlage rocks 🙁

matt_outandabout

Mrs_OAB is rocking this pair I bought her for Christmas.

I am strutting my stuff in generic old man M&S

matt_outandabout

Middle age rocks 🙁

You are doing it wrong.

ourmaninthenorth

Jeepers in not American. I like archaic non sweary swearywords. Crikey, jeepers, piffle, jings, help ma boab. cor blimey etc

Without going off topic, those words are synonyms for blasphemous words. Jeepers = Jesus. Crikey = Christ kill me.

Anyway, back on topic:

Ross Burton has it: Camper Wabi are the right answer (mine are green with orange and yellow camo soles).

Outdoors my garden slippers* are Crocs.

* (c) someone off here

DezB
    Free Member

Camper Wabi

£40?! Pah! At least with the Mahabis you can pretend you’re as cool as Goldie.

keefmac

flipflops or big sheepskin lined slippers 🙂 but mainly flipflops.

petec
    Free Member

i wear fake five finger shoes from ebay. Like these original ones. And if it’s cold, I’ve got some five finger socks as well. Really warm, and mean I’ve obviously not become old to wear slippers. The mid life crisis is doing well however.

I used to have the north face ones. They will smell if you’re not careful…

convert

You are doing it wrong.

I suspect you are right. But I seem to be paying for doing it right in my 20s and 30s and wearing bits of my body out.

Gary_M
    Free Member

They will smell if you’re not careful…

Careful with what, your aim? 🙂

petec
    Free Member

Careful with what, your aim?

Couldn’t possibly comment. 😆

BikePawl
    Free Member

ebygomm – Member
    TNF traction mules better than tent mules imo. Rubber sole so can pop outside in them.

POSTED 1 HOUR AGO #

+1
    Got a pair for Christmas and had toasty feet since

chakaping
    Free Member

If I’d known you were all this bad I’d have started a what’s your favourite boiled sweet thread ages ago

We all know the best sweets ain’t boiled…

Now where did I put my pipe?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Moccasin slippers, fur lined, plastic sole for nipping out to the log store.

Sorted.

bigblackshed

bigblackshed

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Socks and slippers?

hmmm… interesting. I’ll report back later on my findings.

gnusmas

I wear crocs in the house, and for taking the bins out etc duties. With and without socks.

TBH, they aren’t even crocs, they are £4.99 copies from shoezone.

Flame away 8)

crispedwheel
    Free Member

North Face tent mules here too – perfect if you work at home all day.

chakaping
    Free Member

Socks and slippers?

Of course.

The slippers get all sweaty and stinky otherwise.

CountZero

I wear a pair of croc-analogues, but they’re a bit cold for winter wear unless I wear really thick socks, and I have a really old pair of Merrell Winter Moccasins which are comfy and warm.
    I’ve also got a couple of pairs of these Skinners ultralight footwear: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/skinners-revolutionary-ultraportable-footwear-shoes-design#/
    They’re great in summer, I wore mine camping last year, and as soon as I get in my socks and shoes come off and my Skinners go on.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I’ve tried socks and slippers for the last hour and I thoroughly endorse this combination. It’s revolutionary and could even extend the slipper wearing season beyond the dead of winter.

technicallyinept
    Free Member

It’s cold in my house, so these

beej

Quite like these – Dude Wally Sox Knit. Needs to be slip on, have a heel and not look like I’ve given up on life. I don’t think I need foot sleeping bags, I live in the South and hence have heating rather than having to burn pasties on a stove to try and keep warm.

Quite like the Mahabis classic too. £80 though, I could buy some Rapha socks for that.

@MrBlobby, I reckon you might have bigger feet than me!

Thanks for all the help peeps.

sadexpunk

i got a pair of these in a sale at our local fatface in town.
    reduced to £12. lovely and toasty…..

breadcrumb

We have UFH so it seems a waste to not go barefoot.

Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘Indoor Footwear’ is closed to new replies.