Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)
  • Inappropriate film for 11 year old…
  • BillOddie

The wife is taking my 9 year old to see Elf at the cinema tonight, so the big lad and I have a boys night in planned.

He’s already seen Terminator (surprisingly tame nowadays) and Deadpool (which is not), along with the F&F movies and Hobbs and Shaw.

I’m thinking T2, Rambo (First Blood), Predator, Commando, Lethal Weapon or Robocop from the Archive or possibly the Expendables…

FB-ATB

Bad Santa?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It’s December. Christmas films are allowed. Watch one of the two acceptable Christmas films.

Die Hard.

Cougar

Out of that lot, you really should be watching The Expendables after watching every other action movie ever made, that’s kind of its raison d’etre.

I’d probably include Last Action Hero there too.

Cougar

Watch one of the two acceptable Christmas films.

Go on, I’ll bite. What’s the other one?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Not Debbie does ….

Then?

Is dissapoint 🤷‍♂️

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Die hard is shit.

And then they did the second one, as if to say ‘and you lot thought the first one was shit?’

kayla1
    Free Member

Aliens

Dawn of the Dead

Bloodsport

Enter The Dragon

Evil Dead films

trailwagger
    Free Member

Mad Max?

kerley
    Free Member

I would go along and watch Elf – it is better than all the other films you have mentioned.

Drac

Die hard is shit.

Banned.

along with the F&F movies and Hobbs and Shaw.

Poor kid.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Nobeerinthefridge

Die hard is shit.

Reported.

Edit – Thanks for the swift action, Drac.

😉

Cougar, Its a Wonderful Life is the other one.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Flashdance obviously.

fasthaggis

Has to be…Tucker and Dale vs Evil..

senorj

The good , the bad & the ugly.

hols2
    Free Member

null

submarined
    Free Member

Gremlins.

doomanic

Deadpool 2.

BillOddie

I would go along and watch Elf – it is better than all the other films you have mentioned.

As much as I enjoyed it the first 17 times, we decided we didn’t need to see that again for the 18th time surrounded by overly Christmassy people in Christmas jumpers on the 4th of December.  Yes, I’m grumpy.

maccruiskeen

The Greasy Strangler

kerley
    Free Member

As much as I enjoyed it the first 17 times, we decided we didn’t need to see that again for the 18th time surrounded by overly Christmassy people in Christmas jumpers on the 4th of December. Yes, I’m grumpy.

Fair enough. I have probably only seen it 4 or 5 times so not quite at saturation point yet.

FuzzyWuzzy

I watched the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre when I was 10 or 11, grandparents are great :p Not sure I’d recommend it though…

If you’re looking at action movies with a bit of horror thrown in I guess Predator or Aliens would be decent options, both have aged OK although both also a bit cheesy in several places. Pacific Rim maybe if he’s into giant robots.

What about all the Marvel films or the better DC ones (e.g. The Dark Knight)?

BillOddie

We went to see Pacific Rim in the Cinema, there were 8 of us in there.

Underrated movie.

Pacific Rim 2 was a bit pants though.

Cougar

Hols2 > That’s inappropriate viewing for anyone, let alone an 11-year old… (-:

Cougar

Yes, I’m grumpy.

I see where you’re going wrong. Christmas is a time for elves, not dwarfs.

DezB
    Free Member

The Greasy Strangler

That’s the one! 😆

Watch The Incredibles and The Incredibles 2. The 9 year old will be so jealous of your new father/son bond. (no not James, they’re worse than Die Hard. Ban me!)

binners

Is it on re-release on the big screen around the country? I’ve never seen it on the big screen and I bloody love Elf!

*totters off to check local cinema listings*

outofbreath
    Free Member

The Shining.

scuttler

Being all sensible for a minute, a quick whizz at Common Sense Media is a good start point for figuring out whether you’ll let your kids watch a particular film. Slightly less blunt than the BBFC classification.

https://www.commonsensemedia.org/

Works for TV and games too.

For bit of context the precis for original Robocop is

“Parents need to know that this movie is more of a bloodbath than you probably remember. Numerous characters are killed onscreen, many weapons are used, and there are some truly gruesome scenes, like when a policeman’s hand and arm are shot off. Some characters snort cocaine, one off a woman’s breasts; others commit crimes such as rape (attempted, taunting a woman with a knife before help arrives) and armed robbery. A corporation that controls the local police force is portrayed as corrupt.”

anagallis_arvensis

My sons only 9… he’s going to bloody love Gladiator when he see’s it!!

BillOddie

Being all sensible for a minute,

Who invited the Fun Police?  😉

Sandwich

RED 1 & 2

kayla1
    Free Member

^ good shout.

mogrim

Die hard is shit.

I’ll risk the banhammer and give that my “+1” vote, pile o ****.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Enter the dragon now on Netflix. But Predator more than acceptable too.

scotroutes

If he’s seen Terminator then T2 is surely the obvious choice.

senorj

Mogrim reported.

martymac

T2, I recently watched this and it still looks good, especially if you’ve seen the original first and don’t already know that arnie is now a good guy.

martymac

Enter the dragon is also a great movie for an 11 Yr old.
    ‘Die hard is sh’
    In our house it aint Christmas until we’ve seen Hans Gruber fall off Nakatomi Tower.

funkmasterp

First Blood, great film. Should’ve ended it the same way as the book though. No shitty sequels, although number 3 falls in the so bad it’s amazing camp. Predator is a good shout too. Lethal Weapon is surely the other Christmas film.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘Inappropriate film for 11 year old…’ is closed to new replies.