Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • In an eBay pickle.
  • Stevie
    Free Member

I just sold my singlespeed on eBay and the guy has just been round to fetch it and it's WAY too big for him. So he wants to back out. What to do? I felt sorry for him, he really likes it but looked STUPID on it, there's no way he can ride it!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Dont sell it then, but ask him for some cash for the listing fee's etc

Ebay is a shite place to sell stuff, put it on here instead

matt_outandabout

Buyer beware.

user-removed
    Free Member

More details req'd. How good was your description (measurements)? Has he paid for it already or was it cash on collection? If he hasn't paid, you're probably stuffed…

toys19
    Free Member

Ask him to pay all your fees and let him back out if you are so inclined..

Stevie
    Free Member

The frame is an 18" and was described as such. BUT… it IS big for an 18", slightly too big for me and at 5'10" I tower over the buyer…the buyer reckons I can cancel the sale and if he agrees at his end I get my fees back, is that right?

cynic-al
    Free Member

cancel the transaction so as not to lose the fees.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Put a request into ebay to null the contract, ebay will contact your buyer and if he agrees Ebay will refund your final value fee but not sure about listing fee. I've done it a couple of times and got my fees back.

Stevie
    Free Member

Cheers fellas-now listed in our classifieds on here, hope she sells or I'll have to pull it to bits and sell that way, what a schlep!

Northwind

Yeah, there's an option to mutually back out of the auction, though I don't know exactly what the impact is now. Full marks to you though.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

…the buyer reckons I can cancel the sale and if he agrees at his end I get my fees back, is that right?

Yes you can do that, but why not just send a second chance offer to the next highest bidder?

Stevie
    Free Member

Thanks Peter, good idea, I'll try that too.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘In an eBay pickle.’ is closed to new replies.