Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Import Info
  • TheDoog
    Free Member

I’m thinking of ordering something from over the pond, i’m aware of import duty and alot of sites over there specify that i as a buyer have to sort it out. How does that work then?? What do i do?? Item will be less than 100 quid if that makes any difference.

tinribz
    Free Member

Do nothing and worst case scenario you get stung about £20 and they charge a bit extra you for the pleasure of charging you. I’d guess there’s between a 1 in 10 and 1 in 20 risk. Some more friendly shops put a sticker on declaring it a gift.

steveh

The courier will ask you to pay it before delivery normally if you get caught. Sometimes it just gets delivered and you have no problems. If the courier firm do it you’ll have to pay an admin fee from them too. Import is 5% i think plus vat on top at 15% and the fee might be around £10-20. It needs to be very cheap/special to be worth while if it’s only £100.

TheDoog
    Free Member

So they just post it as normal and customs decide to slap duty on it as it arrives, or not if i’m lucky?? And i presume i dont get it til i pay? Or do they slap an invoice on the package??

TheDoog
    Free Member

Its watch i just cant find over here.

tinribz
    Free Member

When it happened to me there was an invoice on the package when it arrived, 15% + a customs admin charge for opening it up to have a look.

TheDoog
    Free Member

I might ask em to wrap it in a packet marked “narcotics’ it’ll have more chance of getting in unnoticed.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Import Info’ is closed to new replies.