Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 111 total)
  • I'm sorry sir, but god said you can't buy those condoms as every sperm is sacred
  • vinnyeh

If however it's for the entire pharmacist then fine, they can sell or not sell what they want, people should vote with their feet and not go there.
    Voting with your feet is fine if you have another chemist's near, if you live out in the country that may not be the case.

You could always try your local hospital……

Hairychested
    Free Member

BD- thanks, will have a read.
    Pharmacy – there is always another one down the road.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Ian – he states that he is an atheist and he is certainly a marxist. He's a good read

Cool, I'll give it a whirl. I found "The islamist" which I think was one of your previous recommendations quite good.

hora
    Free Member

as every sperm is sacred

I should be up infront of the Hague now on multiple Genocide charges 8)

firestarter
    Free Member

now that could be post of the year 🙂

midlifecrashes

Simple solution is to let the pharmacists pick and choose what they want to supply, but make it a condition of the right to fill NHS prescriptions that they supply the whole gamut or lose the NHS contract. If they don't want to do NHS work they can carry on with a selective service privately.

hora
    Free Member

😆

zokes
    Free Member

Brilliant Hora!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Marxism – religion for atheists.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I thought it was Hi-Fi 😉

whytetrash

Zokes is spot on with his post…these guys must be non-judgemental, contraception is an arkward subject for teenagers both preventative and emergency..sure that a teenage lass who's bricking it about being pregnant needs some religious do-gooder tutting and huffing about supplying the morning after pill….THE PATIENTS NEEDS ARE PARAMOUNT!…keep your narrow minded views to your private life!

kimbers

if i was confronted by such a catholic chemist denying me a service i would ask if that was why catholic priests preferred pre-pubescent sex partners as no contraception is required to prevent pregnancy

joemarshall
    Free Member

You could always try your local hospital……

Who have a pharmacy which will only fill prescriptions that were written in the hospital – you can't get any non-prescription drugs or get your doctor's prescriptions filled there. At least that's true for ours.

Joe

Junkyard
    Free Member

Or is there something essentially different about pharmacy as a profession than butchery, architecture and greengrocery?

Yes the bit about them providing medical assistance which is pretty critical to most people. Is it not inconceivable the person would leave the pharmacist ashamed and not go to another one?

does this mean I can stop cutting drunks out of cars or just leave druggies houses to burn as I don’t believe what they do is right?

Superb analogy – many of us do jobs where we have to be impartial as it is other peoples lives we are dealing with. I give IAG[Information Advice and Guidance] some of these people want to study theology or go to Islamic schools should I explain how to do this say I won’t help and tell them why they are wrong?
    Interestingly in Catholic [ and most Muslims ]schools we are prevented from discussing anything to do with sexual health apart from abstinence and not doing it out of wedlock. If a young person asks us about condoms , morning after general contraception etc we HAVE to repeat some blurb about the school policy on no sex out of marriage and tell them we cannot advice them on this issue which makes many of pretty annoyed. I do not think we should give religious people special rights because they have a belief in a non proven entity.

mudshark
    Free Member

It's such a shame that a free society needs such a lot of controlling.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Do you really believe that all catholics follow this (apparently) hard line? And Kimbers, it's a widely known fact that all catholics support paedophilia. Jesus wept, this is, in my opinion, a thread based on a bit of a non-story, which has quickly descended into an anti religion fest. Many of you are as fervent in your quest to prove the (non) existence of God as those you claim to be idiots for believing the opposite. At the end of the day, what does it really matter to you personally? How deeply are you affected by this? And hora, every time you bang one out, God kills a puppy. Just thought you should know 😉

hora
    Free Member

Tis true though. I would have been thrown out of the army..

'Private hora what ARE you doing? STOP IT NOW' 😆

verses

MrWoppit
    Free Member

IanMunro – Member

I thought it was Hi-Fi

How bizarre.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

I'm currently waiting for God to make my cock fall off, being a catholic who uses condoms as contraception in my marital realtions with my wife.

Yeah, likes thats going to happen.

Shit, where's it gone??!!??

zokes
    Free Member

Jesus wept, this is, in my opinion, a thread based on a bit of a non-story,

Would it be a non-story if you were a very nervous 16 year old, whose older boyfriend succeeded in cajoling her into unprotected sex the previous night, and when she came to the pharmacist for discrete advice, was told: "I'm sorry, my religion tells me that extramarital sex is morally inappropriate, and I'm not going to help you because of my religious beliefs"

That'll certainly help the situation. Surely the whole reason governing bodies exist is to ensure patient care, not the exact opposite?

hora
    Free Member

missingfrontallobe if he was working on a triage-method I think he'd be looking into Pedophile Priests first. You know, the sameones that tell you what to do with YOUR personal life.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

"Shit, where's it gone??!!??" Told you so!

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

zokes – I called it 'a bit of' a non story. By this I meant that the problem with 'hard line' catholic pharmacists may or may not exist, it's just very unlikely to be a widespread problem.

firestarter
    Free Member

Woody
    Free Member

What next? Paramedic refusing go into a pig shed as its against his beliefs?

Yeah. I don't believe in getting my boots dirty.

I should be up in front of the Hague now on multiple Genocide charges

…or receive a Nobel prize for services to humanity 😉

hora
    Free Member

I remember as a kid Woody Allen said you have a finite supply and it'll come out as dust. I spent the next few years furiously looking into this thinking (and always worrying straight after)

zokes
    Free Member

zokes – I called it 'a bit of' a non story. By this I meant that the problem with 'hard line' catholic pharmacists may or may not exist, it's just very unlikely to be a widespread problem.

It appears to be a problem with some muslim pharmacists in Bolton. The local rag gets hold of a story every now and then…

Widespread problem or not, it should exist at all. There is no need whatsoever. Religion should not interfere with patient health, end of.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I generally agree zokes – as a registered nurse, I have never allowed my own beliefs to compromise patient care. I was merely attempting to point out that (a) this isnt really a 'new' story, and (b) is highly unlikely to become a widespread practise.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

*comment deleted due to the fact that i can't be ersed arguing with this cocked up world anymore, whats next, being refused on an aeroplane because the pilots amish*

ziggy
    Free Member

I'm going to have to stop reading the news, it makes my head hurt.

So it's ok for a pharmacist to use their beleifs inappropiately but you're not allowed to refuse two men a room in your own B and B?

*scratches head*

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

There are loads of these sort of opt outs and that is only right. You have the right not to perform abortions if you don't want to – even as a theatre nurse you can leave the operating theatre for example. You do not have the right to tell someone it is wrong to have an abortion.

I had some devout muslim staff working for me in a nursing home – they did not want to serve alcohol to the residents. There is no way I could or should make them serve alcohol

Junkyard
    Free Member

Hora woody allen also said that dont know masturbation as at least it is sex with someone you love

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ziggy the first is not discrimination the second is. The pharmacist is not refusing to sell something because of what the person is but because of what the product is

BigDummy
    Free Member

[chuckles at ziggy] 🙂

Analytically, the two situations are different. The pharmacist would refuse anybody the morning after pill, the B&B owner only refuses bed and breakfast to homosexuals.

hora
    Free Member

My favourite woody quote:

Love is the answer – but while you're waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty interesting questions

zokes
    Free Member

Ziggy the first is not discrimination the second is. The pharmacist is not refusing to sell something because of what the person is but because of what the product is

However, they are using their mis-judged morals to the possible detriment of the patient – possibly quite worse than discrimination in the case I laid out above.

zokes
    Free Member

I'm sorry TS, but your post goes against my religion, so I'm going to have to report it…

Karinofnine

Actually, you can (get the MAP from Tesco)

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 111 total)

The topic ‘I'm sorry sir, but god said you can't buy those condoms as every sperm is sacred’ is closed to new replies.