Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)
  • I'm in love with Lena Dunham
  • slimjim78
    Free Member

and i’m not ashamed to admit it.

Im pretty certain I share a minority view here, but different strokes and all that. She just does it for me.

Now is a good time to come clean and admit to your kooky crush.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

who?

Louise 🙂

nickc

whoooooooooooooooooo?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

She’s no Liz Bonnin, that’s for sure….

councilof10
    Free Member

Had to google her… She’s got a bit of a “dip-n-dazzle” thing going on and looks like she’d smell of yeast.

slimjim78
    Free Member

she’s a stunner in my eyes. and I love bread.

councilof10
    Free Member

she’s a stunner in my eyes.

She’d always have one eye on the door… And one on the window.

somafunk

No idea who she is so googled her….nope – still no idea of who she is.

looks like she’d smell of yeast.

I’m stealing that one, possibly gonna get slapped the first time i use it but it’ll be worth it.

slimjim78
    Free Member

no one understands me, Lena
    I dream of taking you to dinner
    Nando’s though, i’ve only got a tenner

DezB
    Free Member

You musta been happy how much nakedness there was in Girls then eh? I couldn’t watch it, she just annoyed me.

nickc

No idea who she is so googled her….nope – still no idea of who she is.

yeah me too, and I sort of wish I hadn’t. More or less the first thing that comes up is the fact that she’s in show biz and not stick thin. This alone appears to be enough for some people to hate her…The world/internet is weird.

IHN

She’s no Olivia Coleman

slimjim78
    Free Member

Girls really was brilliant. Y’all would be doing yourself a favour to watch it from the start.

You musta been happy how much nakedness there was in Girls then eh?

Not so much the nakedness, more the sheer confidence and attitude. Very attractive.

chakaping
    Free Member

She’s certainly interesting, as is Girls.

Never thought of her that way though.

franksinatra

Looks a little bit like her Mum might also be her Sister

P-Jay
    Free Member

Oh shitfire, I thought you were talking about:

I mean I’m sure Lena Dunham is lovely, but, not the stuff of my dreams.

moose
    Free Member

Oof, strong shout that slim. Each to their own in that specific case! Vera Farmiga for me. Stunner.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Now, if we’re talking about non-stereotypically shaped Hollywood Women, I’d vote for Sara Rue in The Big Bang Theory, she was lovely.

arrpee
    Free Member

Working my way through Girls at the minute and enjoying it.

Pretty impressed by Lena Dunham, given how much she contributed to writing and directing it, as well as the performance.

I also now understand how Adam Driver got cast as Kylo Ren in The Force Awakens. He’s far and away the best thing in it (Girls).

blader1611
    Free Member

Rachel Khoo the cook.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Adam Driver is simply brilliant in Girls.
    Its a rare show though in that I think the entire cast is excellently..cast.

loddrik
    Free Member

Girls is brilliant. Only watched the final two seasons. Wish I’d joined the wife and watched all of them but I was a bit disparaging at first Adam Driver is now one of my favourite actors, he’s been excellent in everything I’ve seen him in.

mahalo

Girls was brilliant but i didnt enjoy the last season, not enough of Rays eloquent dialogue or Desi’s meltdowns, or Adam!

I guess thats why it ended, everyone had grown up and grown apart. wasnt fun anymore.

Lena Dunham does look lovely when you see her as herself, but never did it for me as Hannah.

My Krush is Gemma Arterton. but not sure its kooky? she’s a goddess!!!

joebristol

Whatever tickles your fancy. Not for me!

johnx2
    Free Member

Girls was utterly superb. Perfect telly, great characters yadda yadda. I mourn its passing and am already counting down to the inevitable filum. And fine if she does it for anyone, as it were, but I thought the point of the central character was that she was insufferable in multiple way and physically unappealing? But still had personality to drive things along at a tonk?

slimjim78
    Free Member

I thought the point of the central character was that she was insufferable in multiple way and physically unappealing?

I missed that bit in the synopsis. I’m not sure even Lena would purposefully promote herself as physically unappealing. She’s all about body/female empowerment, no?

Despite her insufferable and uber confident nature – I thought the brilliance was in the fact she remained so vulnerable, and like-able.

Rays eloquent dialogue

This. I grew to love this guy, and am made up that they gave him a happy ending.
    The lack of Adam in the final season did detract, and without wanting to spoil for anyone – his finale, although predictable, was sad.

johnx2
    Free Member

Don’t get me wrong, she’s brilliant. There’s a line between empowering and taking the piss out of yourself she’s more than happy to cross. But I don’t think she’s meant to look other than deeply average? Can’t think of another show with a female lead where that applies? (Other than Golden Girls or Mrs Brown’s Boys, and there’s something up with her I’m sure?)

tthew

Working my way through Girls at the minute and enjoying it.

😯 One at a time, or are you in the middle of a orgy?

chakaping
    Free Member

*SPOILER ALERT*

The last series was a strange mix, eh?

Some of the writing seemed inconsistent with how the characters had been established, eg. Jessa getting all controlling, Shosh going nuclear.

Then there was the two-hander with the author, which was like a self-contained play.

But it was mostly satisfying, in the unsatisfying kind of way that you’d expect.

I’d be very surprised if she does any more of it, and it’ll be interesting to see what she does next.

Nipper99
    Free Member

Powerful looking girl.

theprancinghorse
    Free Member

Lena Dunham is a bit sketchy if you ask me. She sexually assaulted her sister when she was younger, writes absolute entitled white girl garbage, and steals jokes from other comedy routines. She’s pretty much shunned from the feminism community now.

choppersquad
    Free Member

An unusual one that, Slimjim.
    I’ve always rather liked Jessica Fox from Hollyoaks.

slimjim78
    Free Member

the whole sister debate was pretty brave(?) of her IMO, from what I gather, she just fessed up to messing around at a very young age, like im sure pretty much most if not all of us did on some level, whether we choose to admit it or not.

doctors & nurses and all that.

scuttler

Speccy copper Jodie off Line of Duty Series 4 whose cousin is on here apparently.

DezB
    Free Member

I watch The Legacy and realised its mostly because of another Len(a)e – Lene Maria Christensen… no doubt nearer my age than Lena is yours, slimjim 😉

CountZero

Had no idea who she is, never watched Girls, just Googled her, still none the wiser, and, frankly, I wouldn’t climb over the OP to get to her, that’s for sure.
    She’s just… ordinary.

mahalo

I’d be very surprised if she does any more of it, and it’ll be interesting to see what she does next.

me too. although maybe revisit them all in 10 yrs or so. i like this thread, ive watched Girls for years and never talked about it before because nobody i know ever saw it! pretty incredible that this 30 yr old girl (25 when they started!) could write, produce, direct and star in such a brilliant show!! thats than attractive quality for sure!

councilof10
    Free Member

the whole sister debate was pretty brave(?) of her IMO, from what I gather, she just fessed up to messing around at a very young age, like im sure pretty much most if not all of us did on some level, whether we choose to admit it or not.

Speak for yourself… maybe if I’d had a fitter sister…

slimjim78
    Free Member

Mahalo – you’re spot on.
    I’m attracted to her sheer confidence and ability.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

This just popped up on my twitter feed so thought I’d post it on here just for slimjim78

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘I'm in love with Lena Dunham’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM