Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • If Your clean?
  • philxx1975
    Free Member

When I take my morning 20 or so minutes out to empty my bowels I get chance to flick through the news feed on my phone.

The whole thing seems to be getting blown out of proportion by said runner.

It did make me wonder, that surely if it’s such a big issue?

Then why not just prove it rather than fall on your sort in some kind of pseudo divine protestation. Once the egg is firmly on said politicians faces the need to chase other athletes by such vexatious mean’s might not happen?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Thanks for a great mental image there….

philxx1975
    Free Member

Mike I’m sure I’m not the only one, I read ipad use in the bathroom is rife

simonside
    Free Member

The British legal sysyem was meant to be Innocent until proven guilty…It would seem its back to front now

mikewsmith
    Free Member

slow one this morning….

on topic once your name is dropped into the doping world it’s hard to get it back.

matt_outandabout

The legal system is innocent until proven
    The press and MP’s however….

mikewsmith
    Free Member

and from the BBC article/interview

Asked if freeing data would clear her, she said: “I don’t need to. I’m clean.
    “I’m not being forced and almost abused into giving a knee-jerk reaction to something that goes against other people, who I trust.”
    The stance by the marathon world record holder is in accordance with the World Anti-Doping Agency (Wada), who believe that releasing data for athletes can be misinterpreted.

But she claimed that the analysis of every athlete lacked “relevant context”. Radcliffe claimed: “They have applied a sweeping generalisation of ranges to all of them as if everybody was at sea level. And they don’t know when these tests were carried out post-race.”
    On her own tests she added: “Two of those are invalid because they were taken immediately post-race and they would not be looked at for that reason.
    “But if they are looked at by qualified experts with the full context, they would say that is totally explainable, that’s not even suspicious.”

Listened to a very good radio interview on this when it broke, the context is incredibly important and making judgement without it is very bad. Considering all this data is with WADA who are happy with it why should it be given to a bunch of journalists?

wwaswas

I read ipad use in the bathroom is rife

DW?

philxx1975
    Free Member

I am just not getting the problem, innocent till guilty, guilty till innocent, if someone had accused my little old self and I knew 100 percent I was untouchable I’d be sticking two fingers up, rolling out the evidence, then living off the money from the defamation or slander case, and the money I’d make from quern sausage endorsements, that would pay for my Ferrari

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I think the point she was making was that she has already proved she was innocent to the people who look at all the evidence.
    If all the data is released we will end up with the Chris Froome type situation where they look at one thing in isolation and extrapolate the world from it.
    As she says some of the tests were after races and the results could look bad if the correct context isn’t applied. It’s not black and white stuff. It also sets a precedent that any athlete must divulge all their private data to satisfy media.

wwaswas

As above, there needs to be trust in the testing regime and governing body. It shouldn’t be that individual athletes are put through trial by media.

Cycling has worked that out now and is trying to put it’s house in order.

Athletics has a long way to go to have a robust testing process that’s seen as fit for purpose.

kerley
    Free Member

The real story here is taking 20 minutes to clear out your bowels. You need to look at your diet…

scaredypants

living off the money from the defamation or slander case

Even the MP wasn’t quite enough of a dimwit to name her, even under parliamentary privilege. The newspaper pieces also didn’t name names.

The phrases he used would make anyone think of her, maybe uncle mo (and just possibly one or two wheelchair athletes – he’d better not piss off Tanni Grey as well !)

You can’t prove absence of doping, so she’s under suspicion for “ever” regardless of what she does.

He could maybe stump up the cash to pay for a formal WADA review to “clear her name” – and he may have to if she goes on the attack

scaredypants

The real story here is taking 20 minutes to clear out your bowels. You need to look at your diet… your / you’re

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Thanks, Scaredy.

scaredypants

you welcome

shermer75
    Free Member

DW?

Doctor Who?

scaredypants

DigiWank

bigyinn
    Free Member

DumpWank?

philjunior
    Free Member

The real story here is taking 20 minutes to clear out your bowels. You need to look at your diet…

Nah, if he’s like me the movement takes about 30 seconds, the other 19.5 minutes is enjoying the solitude that a family man can only find on the bog early in the morning.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I think the comparison with the actual story and philxx’s bowels is apt, we all think he was up to all sorts in there the dirty bugger, the only way for him to prove his innocence is to upload a video of his morning routine to the internet every day, easy if you are innocent whats the problem.

scaredypants

aye, at least paula does her shitting in public 😀

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I watched her performance on the Beeb this morning and thought how very much her insistence on being clean sounded a lot like Lance’s.

And since she hasn’t been named directly in Parliament it’s all rumour. They might have meant someone else entirely.

I’d have thought if she just went along to the House of Commons and said ‘it’s not me, here’s my evidence’ it would go away.

I don’t understand her reason not to.

IanMunro
    Free Member

When I take my morning 20 or so minutes out to empty my bowels I get chance to flick through the news feed on my phone.

http://newsthump.com/2015/04/27/paula-radcliffe-an-inspiration-to-all-who-have-shat-themselves-at-work/

lemonysam
    Free Member

I watched her performance on the Beeb this morning and thought how very much her insistence on being clean sounded a lot like Lance’s.

So denying that you cheated is proof of cheating?

here’s my evidence

What evidence would that be? How could she prove her innocence?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’d have thought if she just went along to the House of Commons and said ‘it’s not me, here’s my evidence’ it would go away.

I don’t understand her reason not to.

Do the MP’s have any experience in reading and interpreting the data?

IanMunro
    Free Member

So denying that you cheated is proof of cheating?

Nope, but it struck me as an odd thing to deny if you haven’t been accused in the first place.

slowoldman

The evidence is with the appropriate body, not parliament or the press.

Anyway, I spent 20 mins on the bog with my iPhone and couldn’t give a shit.

disco_stu
    Free Member

Post Lance I’m a bit cynical about someone producing world beatimg times / performances, if someone currently knocked 3 minutes off a marathon record I would have my doubts about the performance.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Jesse Norman MP, who suggested London Marathon winners and medallists and “potentially British athletes” were under suspicion.
    Norman did not mention Radcliffe by name but she responded: “Maybe he didn’t understand that to all intents and purposes he may as well have mentioned my name.

Not by name but some strong hints and what would silence look like?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Maybe taken in isolation. Unlike Lance though she’s always been very vocal in her anti-doping stance. I remember her (and I think Jo Pavey) controversially holding up an anti-doping banner at a race in a major championships to protest at a runners return from a doping ban.

oldbloke
    Free Member

Norman did not mention Radcliffe by name but she responded: “Maybe he didn’t understand that to all intents and purposes he may as well have mentioned my name.

This is the thing that I can see reasonable winds her up. If you drew a venn diagram of Jesse Norman’s suggestions with athlete names in the circles under each suggestion, Paula’s would jump out as being in the wrong intersection. That suggests either he’s making a specific allegation or is an idiot who doesn’t understand what he’s talking about. She’s left unable to ignore it and can’t win no matter what she says.

Trimix
    Free Member

The public have lost confidence in athletes and the organisations who should be testing / policing them.

Anyone who wins by a large margin will be looked at with suspicion – which is not surprising.

If you are allowed to train at high altitude you will probably end up with odd blood results. Are these odd results similar to results enhanced by doping ?

If so, its not surprising that they don’t want them made public.

mrblobby
    Free Member

an idiot who doesn’t understand what he’s talking about.

Have a read of his bio before deciding whether his opinion is that of an expert…

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Norman

Junkyard
    Free Member

it struck me as an odd thing to deny if you haven’t been accused in the first place.

Out of interest if she had said nothing at all and refused to answer any questions would you interpret that as

1) Proof she was innocent

2) suspicious

Basically whatever she did she will look like 2 to you

If someone hinted i was a drugs cheat I may well be pissed off and object to this publicly
    thanks aracer and toys it works great

allthepies
    Free Member

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Out of interest if she had said nothing at all and refused to answer any questions would you interpret that as

1) Proof she was innocent

2) suspicious

3) I probably wouldn’t have interpreted it as anything.

I wasn’t aware that she was being implicated until she produced a 1700 word press release saying that she’s innocent.
    Then saying ‘I don’t really care what committee thinks’, when clearly she does.

If there’s three abnormal readings that can be explained away quite reasonably, then get an expert to publish their explanation, don’t just say I could, but I don’t have to because I’m innocent. Put up or shut up.

It would never of crossed my mind that she doped before that press release, but she appears to be digging a massive hole for herself imo.

Junkyard
    Free Member

She was called a drugs cheat and it pissed her off

That is hardly proof she cheats.

One of those we have reached a point where any behaviour, denial or silence, will be proof, for some, of drug cheating
    thanks aracer and toys it works great and annoys wwaswas

Bruce

She has retired.
    Does it mater?
    Should the mob not be going after existing competitors who are doping.
    Can you prove you are innocent?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘If Your clean?’ is closed to new replies.