Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • If you order a frame and it's out of stock…
  • nukeproof
    Free Member

…do you pay the full amount up front or when it's dispatched?

Just curious how it normally works.

druidh
    Free Member

Depends how long it's going to be before you get it.

nukeproof
    Free Member

Currently mid Feb

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

depends on if its being ordered for you.

if its a "special" order, then i would expect to pay full whack up front. But if its a standard "run of the mill" bike i would email the supplier letting them know you want to purchase 1 when there in stock and ask them to email you when there in stock.

nukeproof
    Free Member

Its a standard run of the mill Giant frame.

I presume that I would be able to cancel before dispatch?

nukeproof
    Free Member

Anyone else have any advice on this?

mamadirt
    Free Member

I've generally paid a 10% deposit and the balance on collection. I'd expect to lose the deposit though if I cancelled.

aP
    Free Member

When I ordered my 853 frame I paid about 1/3 of the agreed price so that Andy could buy the tubes, balance paid on collection (oh, and got a 753 track tandem frame free as well). When I ordered my CR64 frame I paid a grand as a goodwill gesture – took 6 months to arrive. When I ordered my fro I just paid when it arrived after 5 months.
    Do what you want, what does your LBS say? Why not just ask them?

GJP
    Free Member

What mamadirt said

nukeproof
    Free Member

Cheers for the replies.

It was ordered last week…I paid in full as I assumed that was the norm but just wondered and, not having loads of money, it might have been financially easier if had been some of the money and not all.

uplink
    Free Member

I'd be tempted to pay with a credit card too
    not sure how you'd stand with the receivers if the LBS went out of business – I suspect it'd be knee deep in the crap

Rickos
    Free Member

Usually pay in full on dispatch. Cotic don't take deposits for frames that they don't have yet, although 18Bikes did when I ordered a Chemeleon (about £50 IIRC).

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘If you order a frame and it's out of stock…’ is closed to new replies.