Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • If my wife gets an Apple laptop, …
  • retro83
    Free Member

asdfhjkl – Member
    Cmd+Tab does window switching.

No, it does application switching. Window switching is cmd-` (backtick, not single quote) 🙂

woody74

Have both Macs and Windows machines our house and never had a problem sending stuff between them or having them networked together. Always seemed to play nicely. It certainly takes a while to get used to a Mac and the different keyboard commands but now as I usually use a mac I swear at the PC and my wife who uses a PC at work swears when using a mac. Nothing to do with functionality but just remembering the keyboard commands.

McHamish
    Free Member

I’ve got a mac…it’s easy enough to use.

You’ll find instructions online to work out how to do things.

The only issue I have is I have a better understanding of how a Windows machine works (i.e. where it installs stuff, what the registry does and how to edit it etc).

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

Don’t update to el Capitan as it will make safari, iTunes and more stop working. Other than the vagaries of Apple software updates they’re brilliant (mines a MBP 13 Retina, 512GBHHD, 8GB RAM)

Drac

Hmmm! My iTunes. Safari and more work on El Capitan.

busta
    Free Member

If she’s just browsing the internet and doing office type stuff, a Chromebook will do everything in a simple and secure manner for 20% the cost of a Macbook. Compared to Windows stuff, they are stylish too. Some even come in colours other than black!

Kuco

Works for me as well.

Sandwich

Mail at work is a bit flakey on El Capitan when combined with a server running Yosemite. This may be a client networking issue or something in Mail. Plenty of investigation going on and support questions at Apple Communities site.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘If my wife gets an Apple laptop, …’ is closed to new replies.