Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • If it sounds to good to be true …………… it usually is !
  • Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Nope – you’re just a dick.

If you think you and your noodly little tupance hapenny shifter are SO important that someone with a job, a life and their own fun to be had should jump to your tune and respond tout suite to your email and when he dosn’t it’s time to have a online strop, I’d imagine making frineds in the real world is not one of your strengths. A couple of months down the line if I hadn’t heard anything I’d have sent a “Dude, what’s up with the shifter? Any chance of an update?” email – not made an arse of myself on a internet forum.

Whereas you’ve resorted to getting all het up over this silliness, and made yourself look a bit of an arse on an internet forum…. 😐

convert

Nope, just stuck up for someone genuinely offering to do a total stranger a favour and getting flamed for being being tardy enough to take a whole week over responding when fettling for free. And having the good grace to stay out of the thread.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

It wasn’t that big a deal to start with though, was it? Even the Op sed he weren’t all that bothered really, just curious as to what people on here felt.

I’m finding it quite amusing. Even more so cos of your input. 🙂

convert

I live to serve! 🙂

You gotta say though, a “I’m not bothered but I’m going to post this anyway” semi-rant is a bit sad, no?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

is this about anything ?

Junkyard
    Free Member

not much what he says is accurate without checking dates etc if i am guilty of anything it is being kinder than I am proficient at either fixing shifters or responding to e-mails.
    he has a point I was not quick I shall sit on the naughty step and take a stern talking to if the hive mins wants it or stay awake all night looking for burning crosses and pitchforks ..the bombers are ready and my bladder if full.
    I was not staying out I had just not seen it till elfin kindly linked it up as shifter thief on another thread.

spock
    Free Member

“well wide”

How so?

pinkyponk
    Free Member

Not sure which bits not accurate junkyard ? I was and still am very greatfull for your offer of fixing the shifter. It was a kind gesture and would have saved me a good few quid. The point was that i just wanted to know either way after a week of you having it, so i could source another one if it couldnt be fixed. As i couldnt use the bike without it. Its communication im talking about, not proficiency. My post had the desired effect though, as it promted an honest reply and very kind offer of an old shifter.
    A Reply was all i was after.
    It seems odd to have a pop at me on here, when in your email you were very apologetic with offers of replacement parts etc. All of which is not necessary as you owe me nothing.
    Like i said, all i wanted was a reply.

No one on here is ranting, not me and not junkyard. (maybe potty mouth convert is )

scaredypants

easy there, pinky:

simonfbarnes – Member
    is this about anything ?

Junkyard – Member
    not much, what he says is accurate…

bullheart
    Free Member

I was going to make a bacon sandwich until this started up again.

Now my wife is making a bacon sandwich for me whilst I eagerly await the next chapter in this fascinating thread.

uplink
    Free Member

pinky

I would have thought – given the way this thread has gone – that it would be best left and not resurrected the next day for fear of getting a bit OTT [as if it wasn’t already]

Nobody gone ripped off, no one got hurt, the thread should have died last night

Junkyard
    Free Member

I did not have a pop at you I agreed with you and I have no issue [ ignoring the last post where i assume you have just misread what I said]with what you have said
    I had not read the thread when I replied or I may have been more shitty 😉

I am off course happy to have a long sarcastic/bitter exchange for the sake of the STW massif on what may otherwise be a slow bank holiday for Bullheart

Bregante

Brown sauce for me Mrs Bullheart!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’ll have mine with a smidge of mustard please. Oh, and a fried egg. Thanks

MentalMickey
    Free Member

So it was only a week of waiting for a reply? Hardly Mint Sauce key ring territory. 🙄

This Junkyard sounds like a jolly decent chap fixing someone’s shifter for them instead of just telling them to either learn to do it themselves or take it to a LBS.

There’s no pleasing some. 😉

bullheart
    Free Member

I am off course happy to have a long sarcastic/bitter exchange for the sake of the STW massif on what may otherwise be a slow bank holiday for Bullheart

Hahahahahahaha! Like a fool you think it’ll be a long slow bank holiday for me do you? Well I’ll have you know that I’m painting the spare room! See? So you’re wrong, so very wrong…!!!

Oh. Shit. 😐

julianwilson
    Free Member

slightly OT, or maybe back On Topic….
    aren’t sram shifters really hard to fix?! I had a go once. My experiences:
    1) there are so many variations in internals, even a couple of models that look similar from the outside vary from one year to the next. X4/5/7/and old X9 for example.
    2) there are precious few walkthrough guides on the interweb for this.
    3) you need three hands to put them back together at the end.
    4) it always turns out to be that little piece of cast alloy right in the bowels which is unrepairable and unreplaceable unless you have some nice fine metalworking toolage.

I discovered the above failing to fix my own shifter without an internet thread about me. Thank goodness.

back on topic: I know someone that likes maple syrup with their bacon.
    That is just plain wrong.

Bregante

Mustard is also well wide of the mark CFH. Where’s my cuppa?

bullheart
    Free Member

It was smashing…

Bloody spaniel stole some of my bacon out of my sandwich though. Little sod.

Bregante

Mine was a bit underdone. I prefer it a bit crispy*. Thanks anyway.

*if you could make a note for next time. Ta.

RustySpanner

Junkyard, are you any good with fish tank air pumps?

I can get it in the post tonight, no rush.
    Ms Spanner is currently stood by the fish tank with a straw, incase Mick, Joe, Paul, Topper and The Captain get a bit breathless.
    As long as she doesn’t get her suck and blow confused again, we should manage ’till you can fix it. 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

what kind of pump is it ?
    If it is an internal filter one that has the centrafugal pump has it got clogged?
    Ocassionally this can also break loose from the motor and can just be glued [ better doing this with an external air only pump as I suspect the glue will be toxic to auatic life
    Better to change some water as well to be sure …you will see the fish become a little lifeless and lethargic when the oxygen level gets low
    HTH
    😳 you were being sarccy werent you 😆
    Damn you STW 😉

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘If it sounds to good to be true …………… it usually is !’ is closed to new replies.