Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)
  • iDave diet recipe database
  • iDave
    Free Member

what’s the reasoning for the ongoing digs about selling the plan etc DD? no one has paid anything, or been sold anything or told to buy anything? just interested like….

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh, I’m only teasing iDave. I know you’re not selling anything (well, we don’t know what happens after the initial email contact anyway 😀 ). Just jealous because of being chubby.

Jamie
    Free Member

Yes, I’m fat. Yeah, Point and laugh. It’s so funny.

Haaaaaaaang on.

You are ‘cuddly’? Really? As usually the mockers of Dave’s disciples come from the naturally whippet like.

*waves at Kev*

Well, as usual I take back everything etc etc etc

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m protein intolerant so cannot take part in the religion. Feeling left out only makes the jealousy worse. 🙁

cuddly

…would be a mahoosive euphemism

iDave
    Free Member

i had thought that but then paranoia set in. never followed up anyone who asks for the diet. maybe i should, sell them some lentils.

Jamie
    Free Member

I’m protein intolerant so cannot take part in the religion. Feeling left out only makes the jealousy worse.

How does that work then?

philconsequence
    Free Member

but then paranoia set in

is sshhhhmoke and a pancake allowed on the diet?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

How does that work then?

It’s complicated…

Jamie
    Free Member

I see.*

*doesn’t see.

Solo
    Free Member

Hi.

Molgrips. I caught your “I’m on the diet” thread. All I’ll say is you can’t be half pregnant…But keep up with the good stuff.
    😉

With the greatest respect to all, I would suggest that those who are genuinely interested. Look to the low GI strategy as a permanent change to their eating habits.
    😀

Bean/Legumes, imo, have to be dressed for best and sustainable results.

On the monster long thread started by Alexxx, I posted a few bits. I think, that if you find Alexx’s profile, you’ll find his thread on the iDave diet plan.

A fav dressing of mine at the moment is:
    90ml low salt Soy source
    30ml water
    80ml rice wine vinegar – (Check which one you use, some have a higher sugar content, I use the lower Carb vinegar)
    45ml grapeseed oil
    45ml sesame seed oil

Whisk it up and store in a jar in the fridge, use over a few days.
    I will poor it on a selection of beans and fish.

Another dressing:
    90ml Olive Oil
    30ml White wine vinegar or lemon juice
    30ml Dijon mustard
    1g black pepper
    <0.5g salt
    Again, whisk and stick it in a jar, in the fridge, consume over a few days, etc.

I use a fair quantity of beans in a Veg chilli.

300g Quorn – you can use an unspecified quantity of minced meat, to preferrence.
    two tins of chopped plum toms
    one pepper, chopped, diced, etc.
    three average sized onions, sliced as you likem
    one carrot, again, as you want it
    I have used the Schwartz packet chilli mix, but I’ve recently moved away from these, using a handmade mixture of spices, etc.
    Chick peas
    Red kidney beans
    Pinto beans

Sweat in olive oil, onions, peppers, carrots on the pot, until onions are soft and slightly golden.
    Add toms, beans, quorn, peppers, carrots, etc, and add your chilli mix.
    Top up with water if necessary.
    I usually let it bubble for about 30 mins, no less, after I’ve added all the ingredients and brought up to temperature, with the chilli bubbling away nicely, without burning to the bottom of the pan.

I’d guess it would be similar for the meat version, but that you’d sweat off the mince first to ensure its cooked ?.

Salads will be a staple this coming summer, with the Olive oil dressing above.

You can buy dried beans, do the whole soaking and boiling thing if you like.
    recently I’ve been ridiculously busy so I’ve been using the tetra packs of beans from Sainsbury’s.

Just whack a pack into a pot, add water, boil for 10-15 mins, I may throw in some garden peas, or other stuff, veg.
    Add some grilled Pollock, Salmon, Tuna. Dress with the Soy Souce or olive oil dressing above.

Soups are good, seem to keep the hunger monkey at bay, and can be knocked up in around 20mins if you’re use to it.

My current soup is Lentil with Bacon. an idea I got from someone else on here, during Alexxx’s monster thread.

I wash the lentils until most of the dust is gone.
    Whack into a pot with water, bring to a boil, I then just throw in some bacon and anything else I fancy, veg, whatever. 15-20 mins boil. Jobs a good’un.
    Depending on how much water I use, I can make it into a Dahl type thing.
    I’ve got a curry stylee homemade mix you can throw in with the Lentils.
    I don’t have it to hand, but if I get he time I may post it.

In the end, its gonna take a bit of work, but as I’ve posted before, its worth making the time to re-set your eating habits and the way you think about your diet.
    Improve your cooking skills, perpare homemade food from basic ingredients, as fresh as you can, and eat well.

Cheers.
    😀

Have fun !

P.S. Don’t forget your one day off, a week. Its not all work, and if you stick to it, pretty soon it becomes habit, and you become lighter.
    😉

Big thanks to iDave 😀

trailmonkey

What are people eating for their 30g of allowed carbs after exercise ?

An apple? cereal bar ?

Suggestions ?

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m eating things with a high GI based on what I know (knew?) about the glycogen window post exercise. The extra insulin generated is helpful in getting blood glucose into your muscles quickly.

So juice, cola, sweets I suppose – but I could be wrong. But not much of those things because 30g carbs isn’t a ton.

I believe the suggestion is for carbs and protein so a recovery drink would work well too.

iDave
    Free Member

jam and banana sandwich

trailmonkey

is that after prolonged exercise iDave ? I’m guessing that’s a little more than 30g

I’m thinking about a post commute ( 50 mins) snackette

iDave
    Free Member

I’ve never nutritionally analysed or weighed a jam and banana sandwich, nor do I intend to start. My coaching (and life) philosophy is to do as little as necessary for the desired result, rather than as much as possible, and weighing food is in the wrong category – IMO

Post commute, I’d have a sandwich with impunity.

molgrips
    Free Member

I had a bowl of cereal this morning as a pre-ride snack.. certainly felt good on the commute but not sure I’m going to continue doing it.

greasystain
    Free Member

Are protein shakes ok for breakfast?

molgrips
    Free Member

Morally and sensibly – no! Eat real food you silly person.

greasystain
    Free Member

It’s not me – a friend has taken up the iDave diet after seeing me lose a spare tyre and apparently they are having a (soya milk) protein shake for breakfast…. and they don’t seem to be losing any weight.

I love my cooked breakfasts. Bacon and eggs this morning. nom nom!

duckman

Starting on Monday,I am interested to see how I get on,I have an easy commute of 16 miles,but follow a SRU mass gaining program three times a week.I also do a couple of Munros every couple of weeks,so I am hoping I a0 dont see my bench and squat drop,which I shouldn’t because I will still be horsing down the protein b) don’t bonk while up t’hills. However I would like to lose my tyre! (takes another gulp of Dark island)

molgrips
    Free Member

I had some roast turkey in the fridge and some leftover veg. So:

Fry a few cloves of garlic and some random spices – chilli, pepper etc
    Chicken stock/bouillon
    Several tins of random beans – cannelloni and red kidney
    Tin of lentils (or whatever Linsen in German actually are)
    Leftover veg
    Some more green beans that needed heating up
    Simmer for a while, I used a pressure cooker and nearly blew my kitchen up but that’s another issue.

It’s ok, just tastes like the bouillon really (I may have used too much), but quite edible.

trailmonkey

If no one has discovered it yet, then mashed parsnip is the way forward as a mashed spud substitute.

Is butternut squash legal ?

jamest
    Free Member

Just eaten a portion of a big I Dave compliant bean salad I made this morning:
    1 tin each of cannelini, haricoti beans and chickpeas
    2 red onions finely sliced
    handful of green beans that had been boiled for 5 mins
    dressing made from salt and pepper, the juice of a lemon, 2 garlic cloves, tsp mustard powder and good olive oil

mmmm beany

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve found Linsentopf (lentil stew) is actually widely available as convenience food here in Bavaria.. just finishing a microwave pot of it here.

It does have spuds in it though but only a few tiny chunks. In that recipe I linked to you could easily replace them with something else.

iDave
    Free Member

My old man is 79, wants to lose 20 pounds but of course being my old man, knows more than me. Finally asked me for some advice 2 weeks ago, so I wrote out a summary of the diet. If an almost octogenarian Ulsterman can give up spuds for 6 days a week, I’m sure anyone can. He lost 6 pounds in the first week and said he hasn’t felt like he’s been on a diet.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

If an almost octogenarian Ulsterman can give up spuds for 6 days a week

Please tell me he said “NO” quite a few times first though… 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

So where do we stand on baked beans? Is their inherent beaniness cancelled out by the sugar?

iDave
    Free Member

DD – he looked slightly upset at the spudless situation at first, but then looked at his belly and said he’d give it a go for 2 weeks

Mol – you already know the answer

molgrips
    Free Member

I know several answers, I don’t know which one is right 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Finely chop onion and garlic
    Fry up, then add 2 desert spoons of curry powder, 1tsp of chilli, cayenne and black pepper (or not, if you are a fairy) and some water
    Chuck in random veg (green beans and carrots for me although something more indian/asian might work better)
    Tin of toms
    More water to make it simmer for a while, then uncover and let it reduce as much as you dare.

Nom.

dogbert
    Free Member

Can someone forward me the pdf, e-mail in profile, been trying to so far with all kinds of comical disasters

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

That molgrips recipe needs something. I know…spuds.

iDave
    Free Member

…… and meat

molgrips
    Free Member

The original idea was to make chickpeas as an accompaniment to some meat, then I thought that if I just added some stuff it’d be a meal on its own.

It’s basically a traditional Indian recipe anyway. I think it needs some corriander leaves at the end for a bit of zip, maybe some lemon or lime. Extra cumin also perhaps, dunno.

bedmaker

Is butternut squash soup OK?

Bregante

It’s basically a traditional Indian recipe anyway. I think it needs some corriander leaves at the end for a bit of zip, maybe some lemon or lime. Extra cumin also perhaps, dunno

don’t forget the naan bread 😆

molgrips
    Free Member

Oooh yeah, good idea – I can make roti with chick pea flour.. that’ll go down a treat.

molgrips
    Free Member

Found a delicious and nutritious vegetable I’d never heard of, which goes well in place of spuds it seems. Just ate it boiled now with a ragu and feel very satisfied.

Black Salsify:

Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘iDave diet recipe database’ is closed to new replies.