Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 1,140 total)
  • iDave Diet Joinee
  • IanMunro
    Free Member

Realistically I don’t think it will make much difference. Well certainly not for me. Though it’s useful to have in the back of your mind.
    Aggregation of Marginal Gains init. If I was interested in putting in a decent performance, I’d be looking at actually doing some training as a more important aspect. However I’d much rather read a book on what I should be doing, rather than do it.
    Plus that ‘Train hard, Race easy’ Maxim always seems the wrong way round to me 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Drink more water.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

phil.w
    Free Member

It just did.

EDIT: now you’ve edited that out I just look like i’m talking to myself. 😐

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

It’s ok Phil. No one else can see my posts anyway.

Solo
    Free Member

However I don’t want to look like a gym bunny at all. It’s very obvious when people have spent hours sculpting themselves in the gym for vanity, and when they are just fit athletes. The latter is far more desirable to me.

Ah !, the words of a married man.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve never felt that way Solo.

Solo
    Free Member

I’ve never felt that way Solo.

How is that balanced in MolGrips world, with the need (historically) to attract members of the opposite sex ?.
    😀

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I disagree molly.

It’s entirely possible to sculpt your body to look like a fit athlete.

How is that balanced in MolGrips world, with the need (historically) to attract members of the opposite sex ?.

I think Molly might be a bit stubborn and when he sets his mind on something…

iDave
    Free Member

Just back from a ride, 43 miles, 2350ft climbing, 17.8mph. I left at 11.30am. My previous meal was 7pm last night. Since then I had 2 biscuits last night and a few almonds and 2 espressos this morning. I took one gel and 500ml 8% carbs during the ride. If only I’d feasted on bread and pasta who knows what would have happened.

Solo
    Free Member

I think Molly might be a bit stubborn and when he sets his mind on something…

Perhaps.

But imagine poor Mrs Grips having to convince Mr Stubborn to like her.
    Still, cakes, as it turns out.
    Was the correct move.
    😀

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

What’s happened to MrsGrips?

Solo
    Free Member

If only I’d feasted on bread and pasta who knows what would have happened.

Something tells me that question isn’t going to keep you awake at night.
    😉

However, I estimate that you would just be a bit heavier.
    🙂

Anyway. I just can’t get into this mindset that so long as I run around on the surface of the planet like a mad thing.
    This permits me license to eat stuff that, were I to stop running around like a headless chicken, would make me a biffer, or is that biffrerer ?.

I like that, on the resutls so far.
    I’ve got smart with food.
    Lost weight, eat very well and can play cyclist as much as I like.

As Ton said.
    Whats not to like ?.

MSP

If only I’d feasted on bread and pasta who knows what would have happened.

Well we probably wouldn’t have had to wait so long for you to tell us about it. 😉

Solo
    Free Member

What’s happened to MrsGrips?

Busy with the younger Gripsters, I’d imagine.

Solo
    Free Member

Ok, ok.

RIght, so theres been a bit of chat about carbs and exercise.

Now I’m wondering if different carb sources, will aid mid or later stage exercise / training / racing. Differently

Drink versus food, Glucose versus fructose.
    For example.

MSP

There was something in a triathlon magazine the other month about how one of the carb gel manufacturers had linked the chains to create a much lower gi gel that gave a more steady release of energy into the bloodstream.

phil.w
    Free Member

During exercise wouldn’t you only change the source to get the fastest response (uptake).

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Right. I’m bored. Someone needs to come up with a silly hypothesis that they believe to be 100% true for the rest of us to dig into.

IanMunro
    Free Member

and 500ml 8% carbs during the ride.

So a can of Tennents Extra then 😀

phil.w
    Free Member

TSY – I would say that coke is the best post race recovery drink, but I think that has already been covered.

If you think there’s more mileage in it…

molgrips
    Free Member

Well I seem to end up with women who like geeks, and compared to them I’m seriously ripped.

MSP – that’s what bars are for.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

phil – everyone know’s that milk is the best postrace ride recovery drink. Coke just doesn’t have the protein required for effective muscle restoration…

MSP

MSP – that’s what bars are for.

I think most bars would still be quite high in sugar, so would have quite a high gi rating and insulin response. I will see if I can dig it out tonight, it might just have been marketing guff.

Solo
    Free Member

Well I seem to end up with women who like geeks, and compared to them I’m seriously ripped.

Ohh, good answer.
    😀

Solo
    Free Member

TSY

phil.w
    Free Member

Ohh, how about 50:50 milk & coke. Race & Ride Recovery™

Shall we go into production next week. Then we can retire like deadlydarcy seems to have.

philconsequence
    Free Member

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’ve found 40DD. His hands are too greasy with moisturiser (that’s what he calls it anyway) to type properly.

Jamie
    Free Member

Just back from a ride, 43 miles, 2350ft climbing, 17.8mph. I left at 11.30am. My previous meal was 7pm last night. Since then I had 2 biscuits last night and a few almonds and 2 espressos this morning. I took one gel and 500ml 8% carbs during the ride. If only I’d feasted on bread and pasta who knows what would have happened.

ANECDOTAL!!!!!!!!!

What, the women? Bit harsh mate.

@Phil

Get Yazoo. Fraction of the price, and longer shelf life as doesn’t need to be kept in fridge while storing.

mustard
    Free Member

I think this:

had linked the chains to create a much lower gi gel that gave a more steady release of energy

is either this:

it might just have been marketing guff.

or the application of the sort of nasty industrial process that you probably don’t want to think about while consuming it. But I would be interested to read up on it.

CNP’s energy drink uses high levels of Taurine as its ‘protein’ source which I’m not too sure I like the idea of, even though I have happily poured many a can of Red Bull down my neck. http://road.cc/content/review/52760-cnp-professional-pro-hydrate

Solo
    Free Member

That Mars picture, where it says:

” only 1.5 percent fat “…..Well, not once you’ve chugged it !.
    😉

molgrips
    Free Member

I think most bars would still be quite high in sugar, so would have quite a high gi rating and insulin response

You might think that, but did you check? 🙂

Torq bars are made to be medium GI according to the manufacturer. As opposed to the gels and drink.

molgrips
    Free Member

PS anyone got the diet link? I’ve lost it 🙁

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I need it to!

molgrips
    Free Member

I just had a massive row with my sister in law on facebook because I was going to suggest iDiet to her aunt who was interested. Then I realised I didn’t have the link.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

If I say why I need it I’ll sound like (even more of) a dick. Can you forward it to me when you get a copy please?

mustard
    Free Member

the link was back there < somewhere

edit – TSY i’m going to go out on a limb and suggest you are going to use it to try seduce a yet-ette.

anyway do you not have a DD to DD’s account for constant updates 🙂

phil.w
    Free Member
    TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

edit – TSY i’m going to go out on a limb and suggest you are going to use it to try seduce a yet-ette.

“here luv, you’ve got a pretty face but you’re a bit tubby… give this diet a go and we could have some fun”

Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 1,140 total)

The topic ‘iDave Diet Joinee’ is closed to new replies.