Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • ID card biometrics
  • simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I'm not sure about the probability calculations, but I love the fact that 19% of people didn't match their own fingerprints :o) Add to that the government's record on databases (and this is a doozy) it looks even more delusional…

linky

tyger
    Free Member

Yep but this government is determined to go ahead with it because the bank's are wanting the ID card and they run the government.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I have a stigmatism in both eyes and Retina scans (due to distortion)dont give a consistent picture.
    If, and it is a very BIG if, they actually stopped any act of terrorism they would stand a chance of persuading me. At present it is just a bonkers (and hugely expensive) intrusive piece of legislation only the Labour govt seen keen on.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

How will genetically Identical Twins, Triplets etc get on? are their finger prints Identical for instance ?

Flaperon

Oops. [Deleted]

tazzymtb

I climb big bits of gritstone on a regular basis and fingertips/prints are always very damaged and degraded. My works laptop has a biometric thingymebob to scan for finger prints and bugger locks me out on a regular basis due to prints not matching. So it will bugger up climbers, builders, bricklayers or any one else that puts their hands through a lot of abuse. It's all going very "V for vendetta" in the UK!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ID card biometrics’ is closed to new replies.