Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • I woke up this morning and my wife has gone….
  • DrP

..to the Next sale 😯

Left the house at 0515 or a 6am start!

The Amex appears to be missing too….

iPad + CRC = revenge?

DrP

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Mine has gone to Debenhams for 7am with knee high boots in mind.

I can tolerate that.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

DrP – How uncouth, on a doctors salary one would have hoped the kept wife would at least be heading to Hobbs or Joules

🙂

woffle
    Free Member

have to admit I’ve never quite ‘got’ the whole Next sale thing; the reductions aren’t that great but people seem to enter into some sort of frenzy over it. But each to their own I guess – the queuing is pretty legendary though; there’ll be 100’s stood for a good couple of hours down the road in the peeing rain in T.Wells this morning…

forge197
    Free Member

Mines still asleep

Tom83

forge197 – Member

Mines still asleep

This. My 2 year old is still asleep too! Giving me time to sort my tools out into my new tool chest. Happy days.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’ve nit seen mine since yesterday morning, shes at work 🙁

athgray
    Free Member

The boxing day news normally show footage of a nervous shop security guards final moments as he unlocks the door to a mass of rabid women looking for a bargain. Normally then see a blur of arms and items in the background as two robust ladies play tug of war with the last Nine West handbag, like a couple of vultures fighting for the scraps on a carcass.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Next stuff is so blaaaand though. Or is that just the stuff for men?

glupton1976
    Free Member

Mine is away to work.

Taff
    Free Member

First time me and the mrs haven’t gone for a few years. Used to go for the home stuff mainly or a suit of I had a wedding.

LMT
    Free Member

My OH doesn’t do the sales luckily! online sales now and then but otherwise she would rather be sleeping, like she is now and probably will until 12.

ourmaninthenorth

Next?

In my house that would be a changed locks offence.

Taff
    Free Member

Ourmaninthenorth – with your name and comment I’m picturing you as a scouse in a shell suit 🙄

bikebouy
    Free Member

Mines making breakfast.

We don’t do “the Sales”.

DrP

Well, the girl did well!!

Lots of reduced kiddie clothes for the little’un, new pants for me, and 7 new slim-fit shirts in all manner of designs (the only shirt I’ve found that fits me well!).

The damage wasn’t too killer either (I’m sure, however, I’m on the receiving end of the “wife-price” concept for bike parts…)

DrP

Onzadog
    Free Member

Got tricked into going once. all I remember is people with arms full of kids clothing, not caring what it was. I was told this stuff then finds it’s way to eBay.

jfletch
    Free Member

You do know they buy most of the tat specifically for the sale. Any “full price” sales are a bonus and a legal requirement. Then on Boxing Day they turn the store into Primark for a few weeks. Very profitable.

Go to one of the all year round Next Clearance shops if you genuinely want to by the shit they couldn’t sell at full price.

footflaps

We’re both still in bed. No sales here (not that we have any money left after building a slightly over engineered shed).

nbt

Our Man In the North, reading that comment

binners

I actually got out of bed to go and get the papers. It was an effort. There’s not a soul around. As it should be! Now safely back under the duvet.

People go shopping on Boxing Day? Mental!

ScottChegg
    Free Member

They just showed the Selfidges sale on the news. When the doors opened the first couple of hundred through the door were Chinese.

Why is that? Because western types are too sloshed on Xmas day to queue for reduced handbags?

Rscott
    Free Member

Took mine towork this morning and was left to look for new bike stuff.

really want a full sus but cant affored to buy a frame and forks due to e only having old rev’sand wanting something like a 5, but i think it would be od having 130mm forks on a 5, Tell me im wrong?

bland

The chinese go mad for it. A couple of years back we were in Manchester and literally 90% of the people in John Lewis were Chinese. The queue for handbags was literally 200 strong and out of the door.

I dont understand people, all they reduce is the tat that had a 1000% mark up on anywhere. Anything decent has a price that remains as there is a standard 30-40% mark up on it.

I prefer the auction local to me which sells all the returned/damaged/shop soiled items from every department in Lewis’s. Now there is some real bargains to be had there, like a £800 side board i picked up for £20, all being wrong was a 1cm nick on one leg

deviant
    Free Member

Cant be bothered with it, its just possessions and in the end people start to define themselves by their possessions which is quite sad.

Typing this from bed having had a nice day with the in-laws yesterday and going to see my parents later today, in the evening i’m meeting up with some mates for drinks and cards….the thought of running round the sales trying to ‘grab a bargain’ leaves me cold.

PiknMix
    Free Member

I’ve never understood the lure of the next sale! The clothes are cheap at full price so why waste a day with the cretins fighting for shite?

PePPeR

My good lady made me take her all the way to IKEA in Wednesbury on boxing day instead of going out for a ride at Woburn.

We got all the way there and she hadn’t even checked if it was actually open.

What a waste of a day. 160 mile round trip for nothing.

boblo
    Free Member

Like literally <sigh>

DrP

Cant be bothered with it, its just possessions and in the end people start to define themselves by their possessions which is quite sad

Or…people who need new shirts for work appreciate getting them half price?
    Kerazy thought….

DrP

mboy
    Free Member

My good lady made me take her all the way to IKEA in Wednesbury on boxing day instead of going out for a ride at Woburn.

There’s one in Coventry now mate. Could’ve saved yourself 40 miles off that round trip! 😉

Still got plenty of hours in the day for a local ride anyhow.

boblo
    Free Member

I woke up this morning and my wife has gone….

Wish my fcker was…. We’ve just had a full and frank exchange of views over travel arrangements to the MIL’s. I was gonna cycle to get some fresh air, she was gonna drive. Apparently, now I’m not…. <sigh>

lunge

Just got back from Merry Hell, was there for 7am, something of a tradition of me, Mrs Lunge and her brother. Managed to pick up a couple of suits and a few other bits that I had my eye on when it was full price, didn’t try Next though, the que was out to the car park. Off to Brum tomorrow to see what else I can find, the Evans sale looks quite interesting as does Selfridges.

br
    Free Member

We got all the way there and she hadn’t even checked if it was actually open.

tbh Transport is in the list of ‘mans work’, so it’s you that ‘failed’

And surely you must be local to want to go to Woburn, so IKEA Brent Cross?

bland

Wife has just gone to ikea, im rebuilding the bike but if by what you say its closed that plan has gone out of the window

grahamt1980

If riding at woburn why the hell did you not go to the Ikea in bletchley? Its about 10 miles and you could have still gone to woburn after

tails
    Free Member

Ha! I used to work at next when I was 18, **** awful place. Ruining Xmas day for any staff working the sale as you can’t have 2 many wines when you have thousands of people to deal with.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I keep looking at the sales online, need some new office shoes but no sale due them being £100+.

Sales are good if something you need is reduced sure.

Mainly old overpriced tat.

Then they say most people are in debt…

althepal

Wife went this morning for the first time ever. Was bonkers apparently- 2 car parks at the fort full, no lights on at all so pitch dark. She did get a fair few bits and bobs for the weans though which was the main reason she went.
    Think the next stuff lasts well which is good when its a mad three year old we have!
    Not my cup of tea- do my sale shopping online these days, even then not really bothered about clothes and stuff.. Bike bits are another matter though!

Grimy
    Free Member

When I’ve been out shopping in January, all I can see is an accumulation of rubbish they couldn’t sell all year and that nobody still wants. It’s particularly annoying when they don’t bring the decent stuff ack out till February.

PePPeR

This was a few years ago, before they opened up Bletchley and Coventry. Don’t worry I’ve never let her live it down. I only do the IKEA trip now if I want to go and I make sure it’s open first
    🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘I woke up this morning and my wife has gone….’ is closed to new replies.