Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • I was on Radio Scotland this morning with Alex Salmond talking about cycling…
  • feenster
    Free Member

…you can hear it here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b01gw3b2 at 14 mins.

Voice got a bit shakey at times, but think I got my points accross.

Anyway, Transport Scotland have been in touch with Radio Scotland for my contact details.

What do you think they are going to say to me, and what should I say to them?

jota180
    Free Member

What do you think they are going to say to me, and what should I say to them?

Probably something about Salmond being pals with Murdoch and if you keep your opinions to yourself, they’ll put a good word in for a bung

paddy0091
    Free Member

Good one. Maybe they want to offer you a job?

stabilizers

Take the opportunity to be heard. Believe it or not maybe they want your opinion in more detail. The government are indicating that they want to support safer cycling initiatives.

feenster
    Free Member

Maybe they want to offer you a job?

Doing what? Stumbling over my words and not being able to quote the manifesto I was banging on about?

S’pose I’ve got the makings of a good politician.

kcal

Reasonable support among MSPs for general cycling measures I’d have thought. Certainly our MSP (in the cabinet) is open to suggestions for improvements.

joao3v16
    Free Member

what should I say to them?

1. you support compulsory helmet-age
    2. you want all bikes registered

DezB
    Free Member

Well, you sounded better *cough* than the *Splutter* *grumble* politician *choke* anyway.

unklehomered
    Free Member

3. Maximum cycle lane length of 10m

feenster
    Free Member

1. you support compulsory helmet-age
    2. you want all bikes registered

Eh, don’t think so

roady_tony
    Free Member

promote how its good for Scotland, good for Communities and good for the NHS bill and how everyone looks with admiration to countries how actively promote cycling and new cycle ways – instead of just thinking its a current “gimmick”… but at the end of the day, money talks, and just imagine how much of that Edinburgh tram link could have been put into covered cycle lanes and free park and ride and bike-a-rent….

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

WWTJD?

donsimon
    Free Member

What happened at Ross County?

slowoldgit
    Free Member

OK, I didn’t hear it but I’d take the word of a real person, bad at speaking or not, over the practised evasion of your average politician. I like to think most people would feel about the same.

feenster
    Free Member

WWTJD?

Eh lost me there. What would the jedi do?

feenster
    Free Member

Ah, think I’ve got it. What would TJ do?

donsimon
    Free Member

😆

mefty
    Free Member

What would TJ do?

That’s like one of those quiz questions in daytime tv or the x factor, is there a premium telephone line to call?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

is there a premium telephone line to call?

I’ll talk dirty to you from my mobile?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘I was on Radio Scotland this morning with Alex Salmond talking about cycling…’ is closed to new replies.