Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • I want one
  • iolo
    Free Member

Now

cheese@4p

Go and have one then

mikewsmith
    Free Member
    jam-bo

I want it to not be a spoof.

marcus7
    Free Member

in other up to the minute news… 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

we got ours yesterday

I got mine three weeks from Tuesday.

Now, where did I park my DeLorean?

Harry_the_Spider

I’m waiting for the cheap chinese copy.

DezB
    Free Member

(iolo thinks it’s real) 😆

iolo
    Free Member

iolo doesn’t. 😆
    iolo still wants one :mrgreen:
    iolo saw the back to the future 4 thing on facebook
    iolo missed yesterday’s post

EDIT:

In Back to the Future Part II, Marty McFly travels to 2015 where he outruns a bunch of thugs on an awesome neon-colored hoverboard. Since that movie came out in 1989, pretty much everyone has been longing for the day when they would own their own hoverboard, no matter how unrealistic the expectation.

This might explain why so many were excited yesterday when a video was released showing Tony Hawk, Terrell Owens, and Moby using the “Mag Surf” hoverboard. Even Christopher Lloyd, good ol’ Doc Brown himself, drives a DeLorean in the video to introduce the technology. The video claims it was invented by a team from MIT, though no names are given. The website claims it will be available for a December 2014 release.

Now, I don’t want to sound like your grandmother, but: “if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.” Wait… People are lying? On the internet?! Yes, friends, it’s true.

The video was produced by the comedy website Funny or Die, who generally aren’t known for introducing technological advances. The video, sadly yet obviously, is a hoax. One Funny or Die employee had the video labeled as “FUNNY OR DIE Commercial: Back to the Future HUVR BOARDS,” which has since been taken off of her website, likely because it is a massive buzzkill and totally ruins the joke. (View a cached version of the resume here: http://bit.ly/NVt2ig ) The company’s website, http://www.huvrtech.com, was only registered this past Thanksgiving, around the same time Ms. Biedenharn added the video to her portfolio.

There is currently a great deal of speculation that the commercial was made to tease the long-rumored Back To The Future IV, despite the fact that nobody in connection with the movie franchise has expressed any desire to ever make the film.

Image via: Huvr

Cougar

Is it Duplicate Thread Day already?

(seems like it was only yesterday)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘I want one’ is closed to new replies.