Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • I want a torch
  • superfli
    Free Member

I have a Lenser P7 and one of the DealExtreme 900 Lumen jobs. Lenser on the lid and DealExtreme on the handlebars. The Lenser is totally outclassed when it comes to power and usefullness on the bike, but the lenser is far better build quality and neater.
    For wlaking the dog, the lenser would be fine.

Chris-S
    Free Member

Maplins are doing what looks like a rebranded DX torch –

£30.00

160 lumen torch
    2 off rechargeable batteries
    Charger

smudge
    Free Member

I now sell high quality 18650 protected cells in the 2.4Ah capacity & also 2 cell chargers to go with them.

Beware on DX as they are not all the claimed capacity and are mainly 1.8Ah cells.
    See Here
    The Title is for 2500mAh, the cells have 2400mAh written on them and the bit of writing to the right of the picture says the exact capacity is actually 1800mAh 😕 Go figure that out

singletrackmind

2nd the MTE p7 for size and power.
    I lent mine to Dezb for dog walking tests and his dog is black. He was able to keep her in sight for alot longer than with a AA Tesco torch.
    Not too heavy and over an hour run time on a mix of medium and high.
    Also pocket sized and take an 18650, so carrying a spare and changing over very easy, takes 10 secs or so. Around £19 from DX give or take.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Got the Fenix TK11 R5 (latest 285 lumen one) and I’m VERY impressed.

Yes it’s a bit pricey but the power it kicks out is amazing! Also very compact which I like – shorter than a Tesco AA Cree but slightly stubbier.

Factor in costs for a 18650 battery and charger as the non rechargeables that come with it are a bit pants.

Cost me £85 in total (including two spare 18650s and charger) but well worth it IMO. I reckon it’ll last many years.

flebby
    Free Member

great choice 😉

tron
    Free Member

Cost me £85 in total (including two spare 18650s and charger) but well worth it IMO. I reckon it’ll last many years.

I’d end up losing it 😆

pascoa341
    Free Member

I’ve been doing some investigation and now have some questions:

Torchwise I am thinking of getting the

-Quark AA2 Neutral
    -Quark AA2 Mini
    Zebralight SC51

All seem to have advantages. The AA2 Neutral has a nice ‘natural’ colour beam and bright output, but is a bit big. The AA2 Mini is nice and slim, but not the brightest output andthe Zebralight is ridiculously small and bright, but I think it does not have much throw. Does anyone have any suggestions which of these might be best if supplementing a bar light?

jools182
    Free Member

ordered one of those tactical quark jobbies with a warm led, I found the cold colours although brighter don’t seem to give good definition of shadows

sick of the dx torches getting temperamental when I’m on a fast tricky bit

the guy at 4sevens reckons that it should take plenty of abuse from being rattled around on the bars

we’ll see when it arrives

stevemorg2

I’ve got a Fenix LD20 I bought a few weeks ago that I’m not using- just like this:

http://www.thephotonshop.co.uk/page23.htm

– it’s in excellent condition and I’ve still got the box and accessories

£35 posted if you are interested

jools182
    Free Member

I have already ordered the quark one, thanks anyway

nickf
    Free Member

Steve, YGM

jools182
    Free Member

just received my quark torch

15 friggin quid customs and handling charges! 👿

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Might sound daft, but have you thought of attaching lights to the dogs – maybe the sort joggers etc. use? A really poxy little lamp is visible from miles away, whereas my experience of looking for our dogs with a torch suggests it’s a bit needle in a haystack

I tried lights on the dog, but she shakes herself too much and broke them on a regular basis. She now wears a dog buff, complete with scotchlite over her house collar, and her harness has some smaller reflectives adorning it. Even with a really poxy LED torch they throw back enough light for me to keep tabs on her in the woods, and the torch is enough to scoop the poop.

For sheer out torching the neighbours though it is a D cell maglite. Only gripe is weight, and that it has blown a couple of bulbs in it’s time.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘I want a torch’ is closed to new replies.