Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • I Want a Fat Bike but I've only got £500 (any recommendations)
  • Xylene
    Free Member

Is there a UK retailer of Wheeler – their bikes always seem good value

http://www.cyclingdeal.com.au/buy/2015-wheeler-snow-beach-sand-fat-mountain-bike/CGS120MA

This is there Savanna Wheeler

Note when googling you may come across – Savanna Wheeler on Facebook, while they are rather portly, I suspect asking them for a ride, may result in trouble.

peterfile
    Free Member

I often wear my winter climbing boots for summer trail running, so I totally get the whole fatbike fad.

andyv
    Free Member

Another discount code bought £640 on-one pink fatty owner here.

Bought as a “well if i don’t like it I can sell it on for the same” punt, and it currently remains the most used bike from my varied stable despite the new-bike-itus now being worn off.

I advise you save a little longer to get a decent one rather than a weighty boat anchor. You can and will ride anything on it, but best not go out with your fast mates on whippet bikes. I also advise that if you get an On-one fatty you start saving for some carbon forks soon after as they feel good on it.

Andy

rOcKeTdOg

but best not go out with your fast mates on whippet bikes

Yep, they hate it when you out climb them in everything but bone dry conditions & can corner faster for the same superior grippy reason.
    But yea that 4 month, never see a drop of rain summer we are guaranteed every year is rubbish for fat bikes

rickmeister

Agreed with saving a bit more cash, remember, cheap, light, strong, pick two.

Slam 69 does 0% purchase options on Fatbikes..

tomd
    Free Member

That Savana thing looks a bit like the fat bike Onza were doing over here for £700ish. Looked usable, but a good chunk heavier than the OO fatty.

singletrackuk
    Free Member

I’m selling my on one fatty, it’s a 16 inch with hope m4 hydraulics nukeproof pedals SDG saddle, comes with a set of pdw mud guards and a spare set of qr skewers,aftet £550 can send via courier for an extra £25

northernmatt

singletrackuk, drop me an email. I had someone ask if mine was 16″ last night so I’ll send you his details.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I don’t believe all this nonsense about them being just as quick. By the time you factor in the amount of time the rider wastes taking photographs, messing about with his go pro and talking about bottom bracket widths they are slower than my 7 year old. And I’ve not even mentioned the war relics.

scotroutes

Other than epicyclo, I don’t think any fatbike riders are quite that old…

amedias
    Free Member

Ive watched a few videos and fat bikes look like good fun, I’m thinking i would like to purchase one but i don’t know anything about them

might I be a (lone) voice of reason and sense and suggest you try and borrow/demo one first and see if you do actually want one after riding one?

Videos are one thing, reality may be not quite the same (might be better!), so before you go spunking £ on one have a go first 😉

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Ah the lesser spotted fat biker with a sense of humour.

flashes
    Free Member

I bought my 2nd hand Pugsley for £600 many years ago. Still the best £600 I’ve ever spent and I reckon I could get my money back on it, if I ever decided to sell it………….incredibly doubtful…

colin9

I bought a second hand On One Fatty from the Classifieds for £600ish. Good fun for short blasts although it doesn’t replace my main mtb for longer rides.

tezatron
    Free Member
    Xylene
    Free Member

That Savana thing looks a bit like the fat bike Onza were doing over here for £700ish. Looked usable, but a good chunk heavier than the OO fatty.

THe one I picked up in the shop was pleasantly light but it was a 17″ so fairly small.

Xylene
    Free Member

Wheeler have a carbon model as well, which I imagine will be one of those open mold chinese ones.

chevvy
    Free Member

Hi singletrackuk im interested in your bike can you send me some pictures please matey 🙂

chevvy
    Free Member

Thanks tezatron i will look at the Onza 😀

singletrackuk
    Free Member

singletrackuk
    Free Member

There’s a link to a walk round vid of my fatty

BillOddie

Quadruple your budget and get 29+ like a Krampus, better in every single way (in the UK for about 340 days a year). 😉

chevvy
    Free Member

Hi singletrackuk your bike looks ideal,I’m in Suffolk whereabouts are you located?

singletrackuk
    Free Member

I’m in the lake district (off junction 36 M6) I can box it up and send via courier?

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘I Want a Fat Bike but I've only got £500 (any recommendations)’ is closed to new replies.