Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • I think need to replace my Fox Flux
  • sharkattack

I have a Fox Flux helmet that I’ve been using for a couple of years. Looks good, nice price etc. Fits perfectly, but, as soon as the trail gets interesting and I start using a bit of body language it slowly creeps forward.

You can only do it up so tight and it feels perfect but as soon as I start bouncing around I can see the visor starting to descend into my vision. I have to push it back into place after every bit of rowdyness.

Maybe it just can’t get any purchase on my thick, glossy, black hair and I should try a different conditioner or something.

Alternatively, I’ve been making do for ages now and I should try a different helmet. There’s a woeful supply of lids in all my local shops but I did manage to try on a Mavic Notch which felt nice.

What’s hot in helmets right now? Or high friction haircare products?

This is less important but I’d really like something with a nice central vent as I never managed to get my Exposure Diablo mounted nicely on the Fox.

plus-one

I’ve used giro helmets for years mtb and road .. Love them.. Fancied a change and bought an ixs trail for off road duties..

Blown away with quality/finish for price .. Fits very well too worth a look

sharkattack

Yes, I’m very tempted by this one; Link

The Trail RS

Thank you Google images for that gem.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

I’ve got the Trail RS as above (in modest black), really comfy. Use a Diablo which sits nice and central but you will have to trim the edges slightly of the round base of the mount to get it to sit between the ridges.

sharkattack

Thanks for that. I’ve found two online reviews and they both mention that the long visors creeps into view on tech stuff. Have you noticed this?

I might just try out CRC’s free return policy to be honest.

plus-one

Never experienced creep with visor(solid) in use and helmet fits snug(on my head anyway) so no movement of helmet either ..

rickon
    Free Member

You could just buy some new fox flux padding for your lid. It will have compressed, so your head will now be too small.

Its the cheapest option.

If you really liked the Flux fit, the Troy Lee A1 is an absotuely amazing lid, like angels cradle your head.

Half price on Jejames cycles at the moment.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Never had an issue with ‘visor creep’ to be honest.

One thing that does annoy me about the IXS is that the chin strap comes with about 36 meters of excess strap.

You can fold it out of the way into the little fleece chin padding thing. Not sure why they fit the padding thing as it’s pretty useless as the buckle tends to sit under your chin where you would normally have the pad.

Other than that I would definitely buy one again

granny_ring

Bluegrass?
    £40 if you saw the thread the other day? Here
    EDIT
    Only one colour left now.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Urge all mountain? Very comfortable helmet.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘I think need to replace my Fox Flux’ is closed to new replies.