• This topic has 546 replies, 39 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Marko.
Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 547 total)
  • I reckon Rob is poisoning her…..
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Well, that was a bit of a cliffhanger for a Thursday!

Richie_B

I am pretty sure the radio was on but I seem to have completely filtered an entire episode (well the last five months to be more accurate). I registered a couple of monologue episode but concluded that they were all deeply irritating unsympathetic characters. After forty years of listening (sometimes consciously) it’s going to take a major reset to contemplate listening again

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It’s back to being good now!

theboyneeds
    Free Member

Is it safe to start listening again?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yes. A good mix of silliness and some pretty hard hitting stuff at the moment. The human slavery story is bubbling under at the moment as well…

Pigface
    Free Member

How long before the horses bolt? It was going ok before the gambling angle, now it is daft with Kursty getting involved.

Great to hear the Snells back on form

dashed
    Free Member

When did the monologue stuff end? Want to start listening again but drifted away during that period!

Pigface
    Free Member

Wow last night’s episode was brilliant, Siobhan from beyond the grave, very moving.

Rory being bi is just rubbish.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Holy sheeeeeet.

(No spoilers for omnibussers)

myti
    Free Member

It’s Ruairi by the way!

Pigface
    Free Member

Wowzer that was full on 😳😳😳

wingnuts

Much debate about it being realistic on various forums. Why didn’t Chris call help earlier etc… In my view the shock factor means people don’t always do what somebody external sees as obvious. The only thing that didn’t ring true was Alice say that she was alcoholic. Its incredibly rare for someone to say that they are a gambler, alcoholic, addict at an early stage of being exposed. Great radio.

gobuchul
    Free Member

That Philip is just **** evil!

dashed
    Free Member

Having watched a mate really struggle with alcoholism over the last few years, that episode with Alice was a very hard listen. There was some of it that didn’t ring true (in my experience) but lots of it did. One thing they didn’t mention was total abstinence can be very dangerous one you’ve been drinking heavily for some time.

Siobhan from beyond the grave was also a blinding episode – lovely but very, very emotional. I have a 3 year old and couldn’t help wonder what it would be like if I had to record a message for him. Doesn’t bear thinking about.

gobuchul
    Free Member

What has Kirsty done now!

myti
    Free Member

Well I’m rather behind on the Archers and have just listened to the Alice episode in the early hours of this morning as I couldn’t sleep and often it helps me drift back off and i have to replay it during the day. Not this time! Wow that was so powerful and painful i had tears running down my face.

I think what makes this story line so real is that they’ve been building this in a natural way for many years as my quote from 3 years back shows!

myti
    Free Member
    Anyone else noticed that Alice seems to get really pissed quite often these days? I reckon they might be setting her up for a story line of alcoholism in the future.

Posted 3 years ago

BigJohn

I’m still waiting for Eddie’s installation of the log burner to poison Linda

myti
    Free Member

😂Hasn’t she been through enough already!

Pigface
    Free Member

Philip Moss the clock is ticking.

gobuchul
    Free Member

How can it get any worse for her!

Bloody hell!

johnners
    Free Member

How can it get any worse for her!

Well, even if she manages to get clear of her immediate problem there’s always the Proceeds Of Crime Act 2002 waiting in the wings!

Pigface
    Free Member

Jazzer and Tracy with a very risqué joke for Ambridge 😂😂😂

Poor old Kursty

Pigface
    Free Member

Jim Lloyd is a savage

wingnuts

I’ll drink to tonights episode. This was the first realistic bit in the sorry Alice saga. They couldn’t have kept it secret for so long

Sandwich

This was the first realistic bit in the sorry Alice saga. They couldn’t have kept it secret for so long

Alcoholics are devious and deceitful people, it can take a bit of time to figure out what is going on. We weren’t aware that my godson was being abused by his drunken mother until his older sister was in her twenties.

Chris has done the right thing for the child, our god-children have a weak father who didn’t chuck her out but enabled the drinking.

Pigface
    Free Member

Now what happens it is all out in the open

Pigface
    Free Member

Wow Alice layeth the smack down. That was a devastating rant

Esme
    Free Member

Well, I have to say I’m very disappointed in you guys.  I’ve been a devoted Archers fan for several decades, until Covid spoiled things. So now I rely on this thread to alert me to anything exciting.

However, you didn’t tell me about the Mystery Guest at the Village Fete, did you?  Luckily the episode is still there on BBC Sounds:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000ysyr

BigJohn

And Sundays are back!

RustySpanner

But it’s all so depressing!

We need a little light relief. Maybe something even more awful could happen to Shula?

johnners
    Free Member

Maybe something even more awful could happen to Shula?

A threesome with Neil and Susan?

onehundredthidiot

The whole Neil camping weekend was pretty funny. Now he’s found sh*ggers online website he can barely keep his eyes open.

johnners
    Free Member

The whole Neil camping weekend was pretty funny. Now he’s found sh*ggers online website he can barely keep his eyes open.

I’m about a week and a bit behind but unless Neil and Susan’s marriage has totally crumbled in that time I think you mean Roy.

onehundredthidiot

It’s not Neil I’m thinking of, quite difficult as they all sound the same. It’s why they have to name check each other in each conversation.

RustySpanner

Neil’s the one who always sounds like his finger has just gone through the bog roll.
    Still, probably more fun than being married to Susan.

Roy is the only person in the world who could end up in bed with Liz from t’posh house and not enjoy it.
    He’s the one who sounds like he’s dressed entirely in beige, inexplicably ended up with Sexy Lexie then let her get away.
    The only person in Ambridge with worse luck than Cursedy.

I quite like him…🙂

jobro
    Free Member

He’s back!!

RustySpanner

Now this is going to be good……..🙂

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Will the covid rats return…?

Pigface
    Free Member

Is it confirmed that it’s Rob?

Good to see this thread getting some love again.

johnx2
    Free Member

Is it confirmed that it’s Rob?

I hereby confirm that it’s probably Rob.

Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 547 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.