Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • I received a really nice gift through the post….
  • gnusmas

From bunnyhop and nbt the other day. Bunnyhop messaged and asked for my address in order to send me a xmas card. Thought that was a really nice gesture, so emailed them my address.

A small package turned up, inside was a card and a couple of gifts for myself and the kids. I thought the gesture of a card was more than enough, the gifts were not needed but really appreciated. I opened the card and cried at their kindness and generosity. While I was sat crying, the little one decided to take it on himself and open the wrapped gift. This I have now hidden until Xmas.

A huge thankyou from myself and the kids to bunnyhop and nbt for what you have done for us all.

matt_outandabout

👍👋👌

MoreCashThanDash

This place is amazing, and I’m not totally surprised at the people involved here, who have always come across has incredibly caring and supportive.

jeffl

👍👍👍

theotherjonv

top job Bunnyhop

I can’t remember if I posted this before, but I also asked Gnusmas if he had a Xmas Amazon list for the kids, in case anyone felt like doing something.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/registry/wishlist/28412N71WFHPP

Bunnyhop

nbt and I don’t have children and wanted to give something to children who deserve gifts. It did make me chuckle when the 3 year old opened the present in a few seconds, he’s going to go far.

I know there are so many of gnusmas’s STW family would have done the same.

bunnyhop x

rOcKeTdOg

*presses imaginary like button*

dantsw13

In a world full of cynicism and self importance, I like this a lot. 👍🏻

DezB
    Free Member

Such nice, sweet people. I don’t deserve to share the same forum space. 🙁
    😉

rockhopper70

I might be able to sort the electric circuit test thing so don’t anyone buy that yet.

funkmasterp

👍🏼

gastromonkey
    Free Member

STW is home to some great people. It’s a wonderful community.

Happy Christmas everyone.

minley1
    Free Member

Is the Amazon list set up with Gnusmas address?

piemonster

Awesome 😎

piemonster

Is the Amazon list set up with Gnusmas address?

I don’t think so, at least not through the App.

ads678

Stop it now, crying at work is not professional!!

Don’t know how to do emojis from a PC but if I could it would be some clapping hands…..

ElShalimo

👍

gooner69

Need the address for gifts added somewhere…..

DrP

So I can see the list, but it just adds it to my postage addresses….

Is there any way of seeing HIS list, so it can get posted to, er, him!!

DrP

piemonster

Might be better to have a click and collect location rather than making a home address visible online?

nbt
    gnusmas

I just looked into this thread and am completely overwhelmed with the response. Thankyou everyone. This list was initially done for family to show the sort of things they like, didn’t think about addresses when i was asked originally for a list. I have checked the list and a lot of stuff has risen a lot in price since I started doing it.

I have been told over and over again to accept help from people. I struggle with this constantly. Saying that, this is for the kids so that is different, I can appreciate and understand that. I will see if I can add an address, failing that, Ambrose, bunny hop, nbt, spawnofyorkshire and a few others already has it. I am sure they would be happy to pass it along, i have no problem with this. I am happy to give my address too.

Thankyou again everyone for everything.

redthunder
    Free Member

Top Job 🙂

rockhopper70

Yep, the electronic experiment test education thing is sorted.

Knock that off the list.

spawnofyorkshire

Anyone feel free to PM me and I’ll provide the address.
    Granted you’ll have to answer three simple questions first…
    1. What is the air speed velocity of an unlaiden swallow?.….

FuzzyWuzzy

I’ve never done it but there is definitely a way to set up an Amazon gift list that goes to the intended recipients address without that address being visible to the buyer.

gnusmas

I have gone into the list and can’t see any way of inputting addresses. Never done an amazon wish list before so I am probably being a numpty.

If anyone can shed some light on it then maybe I can then update it. And find alternatives that are actually a lot cheaper too. Still can’t believe some of the price hikes. Like I said before, what i have put on there is an idea of the sort of thing they like.

FuzzyWuzzy

From what I can see if you go into your lists and then on the right hand side next to “Send list to others” there’s 3 dots, hover over the dots and select “Manage List” then you can associate a delivery address with the list (by default there’s no address added).

Might be worth someone that’s actually done it before confirming the above works (and that your address isn’t exposed or whether you need to select some privacy options to).

gnusmas

Yep, that worked. Thanks 😊

Details now updated.

FuzzyWuzzy

Yeah tested, just shows your town and county. A couple of things on the way (I didn’t select gift wrap option as wasn’t sure if you’d be able to tell what was what :p so might not want to open box with the kids present) 🙂

spawnofyorkshire

Btw there should be a delivery today for your little ones Gnusmas

Straightliner

Like FuzzyWuzzy, a couple of things on the way (also not giftwrapped).

mattbee

And another couple of bits.

rene59
    Free Member

Question – if you purchase somethimg from the list does that item then get auto removed from the list? ie to avoid duplicates

spawnofyorkshire

Question – if you purchase somethimg from the list does that item then get auto removed from the list? ie to avoid duplicates

Yes

gnusmas

Spawn – a box turned up today, I’m not expecting anything so assume it’s the one you were talking about. Thankyou very much.

minley1
    Free Member

Another couple on their way, not giftwarpped though.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

So when things are ordered do they disappear off the list, not wanting to double up on things…..

gnusmas

Just checked and it seems like they do. I’m crying. Nearly the whole list has gone 😢 I wasn’t expecting that kind of response. Thankyou so much to you all.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Another one on the way but Amazon says delivery early Jan ☹️

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘I received a really nice gift through the post….’ is closed to new replies.