Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • I-pod touch, any deals or thoughts on it.
  • duckman

My 16g nano is now full.I was going to get a "classic" but I like the look of the touch, does anybody know of any on-line retailers selling them cheaply/ Or flip side, any horror stories about them.Thanks.

gonefishin
    Free Member

I really like mine and use it as a PDA device as well and I think it's great. One downside is that the newer ones may not work with older accessories as the connections are different. They look the same but I think the wiring is different.

djglover
    Free Member

I love mine, wish it did 3g sometimes, but I use eastcoast trains a lot and they have free wifi. There are some pretty good games for them but they run the battery down really really fast, like in about 30 mins.

tracknicko
    Free Member

amazing. thinner than an iphone. can go biking with normal phone and not need to take your iphone…

itouch and crappy mobile seems to be the best of both worlds to be. i paid 130 for mine, my mobile costs 12 a month. perfect combo.

miketually
    Free Member

The iPod Touch has wi-fi. My 3G phone (Nokia E71) has wi-fi.

Can they be connected, so I could use the iPod to browse the web via my phone's 3G connection?

turboferret

One thing with Apple products is that you don't ever see them discounted, so unless you're at an airport to get them tax free, or are buying second hand, they're all the same price.

However, it's worth keeping an eye on the Apple store – they have a refurbished section for macs and ipods. Bottom left hand side of the store page, under special deals. I bought a touch from there which had a discount of about 40% iirc. Free postage, and I couldn't tell that it wasn't new when it arrived.

Cheers, Rich
    None on there at the moment, but if you're not in a hurry it might be worth having a regular check.

Cheers, Rch

samuri
    Free Member

They're ace. Can't fault mine at all. Obviously they're only wifi so you'll need to find an access point to use it on the internet but really, you don't have to go very far to find one of those nowadays.

Bad things? Big fingered people may find the keyboard a bit small, I tend to type with my nails to avoid pressing the wrong buttons. Battery life isn't fantastic but I find turning the wifi off when you're looking to extend battery life works great. I've watched quite a few full length videos on mine with no eye strain and it's great as a toy and a music player. Get one.

woody2000

mike – maybe, but only if the Nokia is capable of ad-hoc networking. I doubt it'd be easy though, might be easier with a smartphone (Windows mobile) maybe?

tracknicko
    Free Member

yeh i think its quite hard to tether it for 3g work…

duckman

Stuff it, Carnoustie High School seemed to have paid me again,now anybody want a 16g nano?

IA

miketually – yes, you want Joikuspot. Google it, the light version (Free) will work fine.

Woody, the E71 is a smartphone.

woody2000

I realise that, I meant specifically WM. Anyway, there was an app for it 🙂

MikeT-23
    Free Member

miketually
    Free Member

Cheers IA

simon_g

Downside? After a month or two of use, you'll be wanting the version that's connected permanently and makes phone calls too.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

But will you be willing to pay £35 a month for the privelege? I wasn't. My Touch is awesome. Use it regularly as a browser at home for Facebook, ST sometimes, checking mails etc. Fantasic little things…

miketually
    Free Member

Just tried Joikuspot Light on a student's E71 and iPod Touch. Works really well.

IA

Aye is a good little app. Bit battery hungry mind, and some all you can eat data deals in theory prohibit tethering. But I think they're need to go to some lengths to investigate, you'd probably need to be taking the piss a bit with it. I use it for occasional laptop use.

I can see me getting a non-3g iPad tho, and then for the few times i need net but no wifi just tethering it to my phone.

grievoustim
    Free Member

I have a 32gig touch

Its really good but

I have 5665 songs and 4111 photos on mine – and its nearly full (only 1.3 gigs available)

I think an integrated camera and 3g would be good – hoping to upgrade to an iPhone in Septemeber when my phone contract expires. By then the Iphone should be available in 64gig, and one less thing to put in my pocket

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘I-pod touch, any deals or thoughts on it.’ is closed to new replies.