• This topic has 49 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by IanW.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • I note that the forum is treating…
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

… the news about the moron Florida "Pastor" and his book burning with the contempt it deserves, by ignoring it…

meehaja
    Free Member

there has been a few posts about this over the last week. to summarise, IMO he's a S**T stirring K**B.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

One point though – Muslim nations have been up in arms about it muttering about war, etc. Can't they just see he's a minority nutter? Hardly like the US is backing him is it?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Predictable reaction from "offended" Islamists, mind. Demanding tolerance from others whilst displaying none themselves.

bluebird
    Free Member

I doubt very much that any of the angry Islamists you see on TV are in reality tolerant, open minded or indeed practicing Islamists.

Jamie
    Free Member

Mr Woppit – Member
    … the news about the moron Florida "Pastor" and his book burning with the contempt it deserves, by ignoring it…

….and it was all going so well.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

(Laughs at the irony of Woppit talking about 'tolerance' 😆 )

binners

AlLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Poor Binners. Hora bothering you again? 🙁

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member
    (Laughs at the irony of Woppit talking about 'tolerance'

I'll alert the media.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I sent him a couple of bibles.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I'm sure Heat Magazine are holding the front page..

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Surf-Mat – Member

One point though – Muslim nations have been up in arms about it muttering about war, etc. Can't they just see he's a minority nutter? Hardly like the US is backing him is it?

Evidence – nations? Really?

Remember – moderate Islamic preacher ignores American Redneck preacher is not big news.

chewkw
    Free Member

Predicted behaviour really as they simply just go ape shite the moment you touch/torch on the topic of their religion, I mean shouting for blood etc, they are easily wind up big time.

chewkw
    Free Member

#
    TandemJeremy – Member

Evidence – nations? Really?

Remember – moderate Islamic preacher ignores American Redneck preacher is not big news.

Pakistan

Afghanistan

UK

Indonesia

Iraq

Kuwait

So there you go … some samples and there might be more after the Ramadan.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

From your first link, chewkw:

An AFP reporter in Multan said about 600 demonstrators – including clerics, political party workers and activists – held four protests in various parts of the central city of nearly four million people.

So, even by my shonky maths, that's 0.015% of the population of one city.

Hardly a 'nation', is it?

Don't let facts get in the way of a good bit of xenophobia though, eh? Where would be the fun in that? 🙄

miketually
    Free Member

Kerrang's a rubbish magazine anyway.

surfer
    Free Member

Bloody hell Chewk play the game, you know TJ wont be swayed by something as insignificant as "evidence"

geetee1972
    Free Member

So, even by my shonky maths, that's 0.015% of the population of one city.

That's not the point though is it. The point is that it doesn't take much of an expression of your views, no matter how ridiculous they are (and this guy in Florida is as much an extremist as Bin Laden is) to end up with a fatwa on your head.
    I mean for crying out loud, a Danish paper prints a cartoon about Mohamed (peace be upon him) and the next thing you know people are burning their embassy? I mean WTF? How grown up does a religion have to get before it can get over itself and just get along with everyone regardless of how ridiculous their views are?
    Besides, I don't see many Muslims anywhere protesting about the 'tiny minority' of radical extremists that are pronouncing death to the infidel in their name and basically giving the whole darn movement a bad name. If I were a Muslim, I'd be pretty pi**ed off with what's going on and would feel strongly enough to take a stand. Funny how you don't tend to see much of that.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Completely OT – but Woppit – could you drop me a line?

jonATfisherproductionsDOTcoDOTuk.

Ta muchly!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Religion had the chance to run the world. It was called "The Dark Ages".

Now it wants a second go…

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Nicely done chewk. As expected, the usuals will try as best they can to "disprove" your excellent links. It's painful at times.

chewkw
    Free Member

surfer – Member

Bloody hell Chewk play the game, you know TJ wont be swayed by something as insignificant as "evidence"

LOL! But TJ is fun. TJ what you say? LOL!

Yes, some of the protest might be small but I mean the pastor in USA has only 50 in his church. LOL!

p/s: look at the Kuwaiti link and look at the photo in that link. I can bet you they are not Kuwaiti …

konabunny
    Free Member

Muslim nations have been up in arms about it muttering about war

Bullshit. No-one's been threatening war. And people in Muslim nations like, err, the UK, US and the Vatican have been criticising this dingbat's actions.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

That's not the point though is it.

And the real point is?

Fact is that it's a relatively tiny number of individuals, not the 'entire nations' as has been suggested. The hype suggests impending armageddon, the facts reveal that it's actually quite a tiny number of nutters spouting crap really. Don't believe the Hype.

Funny how you don't tend to see much of that.

Maybe most folk just can't be bothered wasting energy over such stupidity?

No-one's stopping you protesting about 'Islamic Intolerance'. In fact, there are various groups you could join. EDL being one of them. Although they tend to bottle it when it actually comes to publicly airing their opinions.

I agree that some folk in Islamic countries/communities could do wit being a little less reactionary. And yes, perhaps Islam as a global culture could do with 'growing up'. It's a relatively young religion; Christianity and Judaism cant sort themselves out and they're much older.

The constant demonisation of Islam in right-wing Western media is as much to blame for bollocks like this as fundamentalism. The whole purpose of this nasty individual's stunt was to create hate. I just wish those reacting angrily to his provocative behaviour could just think 'crankpot, best ignoring him really'. But the media has had a part to play in this too. Sells newspapers/airtime.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Surf-Mat – Member
    Nicely done chewk. As expected, the usuals will try as best they can to "disprove" your excellent links. It's painful at times.

It is. That someone would even attempt to use such links to 'prove' their wild claims. Painful that they would make themselves look so stupid. Painful that others would be suckered in by the crap too.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

This Pastor guy then…

There was a clip of him on BBC News this morning sat at his desk. With a handgun on show.

Now why on earth would a religious man need a handgun? And on show too – was he saying 'don't ufck with me'? It struck me as a very odd sight.

geetee1972
    Free Member

It's a relatively young religion;

Well sort of, it's younger than the other Abrahamic faiths but not much.; isn't there something like 500 years in it? I think the really interesting point is that Islam as a culture was once the centre of learning and enlightenment. Back in the 16th Century it was so different; from what I gather it was forward thinking, highly progressive, pro-science, pro-art, pro-culture and learning. They made some of the most important scientific leaps of the human age. Then some how it just seemed to loose it's way and become somewhat 'backward' at least as far as being tolerant, open and progressive can be regarded as 'forward'

As for demonising in western media, well yes, but that's not constrained to Islam. We've been on a path of gradual secularisation over the last 20 years (certainly in this country and the rest of Europe, perhaps not so much in the US.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Elfin you really do talk complete cr4p at times:

The whole purpose of this nasty individual's stunt was to create hate. I just wish those reacting angrily to his provocative behaviour could just think 'crankpot, best ignoring him really'

That is almost exactly what I wrote but worded differently. You then wrote this:

It is. That someone would even attempt to use such links to 'prove' their wild claims. Painful that they would make themselves look so stupid. Painful that others would be suckered in by the crap too.

Are you just arguing because you are bored or something? In fact I'd call it classic trolling.

Jog on.

D0NK

There was a clip of him on BBC News this morning sat at his desk. With a handgun on show.

yep if he had any credibility before (chances are slim to none) having a hand gun on display during an interview blew that it all away 🙂

Just another media stunt by a religeous nutter (not suggesting all religeous people are nutters) like the plum who wanted to do his muslim death march through wooton bassett. ignore him.

wwaswas

not suggesting all religeous people are nutters

just all the ones I've met, then?

Big-Dave
    Free Member

To be fair to Pastor Jones he is only proposing to do the same thing that happens in any Islamic state; namley the burning of literature, national flags and efigies of hated people. I do think what he is planning is wrong but couldn't help but chuckle at the hyprocrisy of the protestors in Afghanistan who were burning the stars and stripes and efigies of Obama in protest.

anokdale
    Free Member

M-F Wrote:-

This Pastor guy then…

Now why on earth would a religious man need a handgun? And on show too – was he saying 'don't ufck with me'? It struck me as a very odd sight

He needs a gun now to protect himself, his inbox will be full of death threats,

Even though he has decided to bin the bonfire idea he has really caused endless problems, people shot in Baghdad on the streets of the Anglican church as one example, on a personal note it has impacted the office i work in, as the security consultant for a major Oil company here in Libya the actions we have had to put in place to mitigate for any potential action by groups or individuals will impact on the business, multiply that here in Libya and then again for all the World, he has made his point. Locals generally are embaressed by these incidents and on the whole they accept he is a loon and they also accept they have loons in their faith. The only worry is the threat of a loose cannon incident here, ie some dreanged guy going on the rampage for some guys in more less governed countries they will have problems.

I cannot help think he was visited by men in dark suits driving black suburbans and warned to go fishing or get to wal mart on Saturday otherwise he would have the last 50 yrs of hs financial life investigated by the IRS.

Junkyard
    Free Member

mean for crying out loud, a Danish paper prints a cartoon about Mohamed (peace be upon him) and the next thing you know people are burning their embassy? I mean WTF? How grown up does a religion have to get before it can get over itself and just get along with everyone regardless of how ridiculous their views are?

it is against their religion to draw the human form, Mohamed is the most revered human, he was drawn with a bomb attached iirc…I suspect the cartoonist new the likely effect/reaction of this. Tolerance does not mean we have the right to be bloody offensive .. a point lost on may non believers epecially on here.

I assume none of you listened to Radio 4 then there was plenty of tolerant American Muslim reaction including toning down Eid as it clashed with 9/11. Again that is not very newsworth though is it – suspect you can listen again if you really want. Remember now communism is defeated it Islam that threatens out very way of life. Anyone read 1984? The pastor hardly paints a great picture of Christian tolerance does he but we all seem able to differentiate between him , christians and all Americans …if only we could do the same with the Muslim protestors.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Press have blown events out of proportion – I'm shocked 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

That is almost exactly what I wrote but worded differently. You then wrote this:

Are you just arguing because you are bored or something? In fact I'd call it classic trolling.

Jog on.

Chewkw was challenged about 'whole nations up in arms'. So he produced those links. Which actually totally disprove his own claims, spectacularly. If you consider the facts, that is….

I don't like jogging. I find it boring. Can I ride my bike instead?

Well sort of, it's younger than the other Abrahamic faiths but not much.; isn't there something like 500 years in it?

About 500 years on Christianity, and about 2800 years on Judaism.

Any way's up: Eid Mubarak!

Kevevs
    Free Member

The guy is a dickhead. But I like the fact that freedom of speech exists, he's still a dickhead.

avdave2

Now why on earth would a religious man need a handgun?

Well if Jesus had popped a cap in Judas's arse he could have saved himself a nasty end.

chewkw
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member

Chewkw was challenged about 'whole nations up in arms'. So he produced those links. Which actually totally disprove his own claims, spectacularly. If you consider the facts, that is….

Although the previous thread, prior to my links, mentioned about " up in arms" etc my links are to demonstrate that they are not far off.

This is what I said …

chewkw – Member

Predicted behaviour really as they simply just go ape shite the moment you touch/torch on the topic of their religion, I mean shouting for blood etc, they are easily wind up big time.

The words you should be looking for are "… go ape shite …" or "…shouting for blood …" I bet they do shout for blood but not sure if some of them have RPG or AK47.

Now can you tell me those protesters are no going ape shite? I mean are they shouting leniency for the books or are they shouting and burning flags etc? I mean are they shouting for blood (revenge etc)?

Like I said if people torch/touch on the topic of their religion it will be blown out of proportion big time from their end. i.e. intolerance etc and start to pin the entire blame on the West eventhough many in West could not give a flying monkey about it but just laugh their heads off. Worst still this is done by a pastor with a congregation of 50.

I mean if they cannot even tolerate a pastor with a congregation of 50 what chance does the West have in helping them to democratise?

Some of the countries even have their leaders intervening by telling the head of another nation not to let the pastor protest. I mean such a small action/matter by a pastor and the result would be to receive disproportionate responses.

😯

surfer
    Free Member

it is against their religion to draw the human form, Mohamed is the most revered human, he was drawn with a bomb attached iirc..

Much of that was whipped up by mischievous Muslin extremists however Muslins dont have the right NOT to have their religion criticised, nor do they have the right NOT to be offended no matter how tasteless you may find the cartoons.

The pastor hardly paints a great picture of Christian tolerance does he but we all seem able to differentiate between him , christians and all Americans …if only we could do the same with the Muslim protestors.

Who is defending him or Christianity?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘I note that the forum is treating…’ is closed to new replies.