Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • I must be daft – on two fronts: car and motorbike
  • mogrim

Refuse to use a disc lock.

The trick is to remember to put it where it will hit the brake immediately on moving off – sometimes in front of the calliper, sometimes behind.

Northwind

If you must use a disc lock- and they are almost completely useless- put it on the back wheel. 3 reasons. 1- it’s marginally less useful because dragging a bike with a locked back wheel into a van is harder. Though not very. 2- you’re less likely to drop the bike if you ride off. And 3, rear discs are cheaper than fronts.

But also 4, don’t use a disc lock, they are crap.

br
    Free Member

So, last year I did my A motorbike test and I’ve been more and more obsessed with owning a dual sport type bike ever since.

As a biker of +30 years, WTF is a ‘dual sport’ bike?

And agree with you will drop your first bike, but then for me it was a Garelli Tiger, about half a dozen times and then an RD250E three times, a new 350LC once (left it in two pieces) and then somehow I’ve managed to not fall off since even though some years I’ve covered more than 20k.

5thElefant
    Free Member

As a biker of +30 years, WTF is a ‘dual sport’ bike?

Think Land Rover Envoque, with less wheels. 😉

nibby
    Free Member

Nibby – I might be wrong but is that near Osmotherley?

Not 100% sure Mark, I think it was yes, was defo in Yorkshire somewhere.

To get to it there is good long stretch then you go down, some bigish rock steps. On that pic we went down then turned around and went back up.

Some cracking riding up that way for a big bike though.

br
    Free Member

Think Land Rover Envoque, with less wheels.

Ah, I’ve had one of those 🙂

allthegear
    Free Member

I’m sure many, many people will tell me everything that is wrong with this. It is, however, mine… 🙂

Rachel

wwaswas

wrong wheel size?

enjoy 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

Nowt wrong with that. I wish I had one.

anagallis_arvensis

Not jealous at all……much.
    Get some training on someone elses bike before you go off road though.
    Oh and get extra training for the road if you are new to biking. I found my local IAMS group very good.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘I must be daft – on two fronts: car and motorbike’ is closed to new replies.