• This topic has 97 replies, 52 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 98 total)
  • You may be saving lives but don't block my drive…
  • nathb
    Free Member
    jimjam
    Free Member

Clearly someone blocked his drive.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Some folks have no empathy…..

“Me, me, me, me…….”

🙄

trail_rat
    Free Member

I’d personally file that in the B1N and not think about it again. How ever maybe some exposure for being a **** will make them think twice in future. Nob – next time it could be them needing saved

akira

Looking for the post about an ambulance parking in front of someone’s drive but I can’t find it. Bookmark their address and when they call 999 park a bit away and walk leisurely to their house.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

It doesnt surprise me at all, have you seen the latest version of an ambulance driver/paramedic, they`re in the main slovenly, obese lazy looking oafs who act like they deserve the adoration of a reverent public ! I have even seen them nicking milk from the doorsteps of poor, old disabled ladies 😉

boobs

At the Torq in your sleep race, the ambulance crew said they had someone get into the ambulance and move it while they were working on someone. Coz it was in the way of there car, moron.

hairybiker84
    Free Member

I hate to say it but I can sort of understand where he is coming from. I don’t know what sort of training the drivers are getting but I have seen plenty of instances locally of deliberately blocking a road when they are attending a house, even though they could have easily parked where they wouldn’t have caused an obstruction and not been any further away from the address they are attending. In actual fact their access to some of the side storage they had to get into would have been easier, as would have getting the casualty into the back of the ambulance rather than having to get between parked cars.
    Also inappropriate use of ‘blues and twos’ whilst on or approaching corners with poor visibility resulting in the ambulance being pretty much prevented from further progress as the panicked motorist had just stopped and they couldn’t get past or the ambulance then drove on the wrong side of the road round a blind bend. If the crew had delayed putting on the siren for less than 10 seconds they would have been on their way pretty much unimpeded.
    Some time back had I an ambulance sitting way too close behind with full lights, siren, etc. whilst I was driving down a 1-way street with cars parked on both sides and nowhere for me to pull over – quite what the driver thought I could do to help his progress I have no idea.

nathb
    Free Member

You’re baiting right?

Sorry we couldn’t save your partner as John had to parallel park the van so very important people could go to the shop for some milk…..

Drac

Happens all too frequently

Usually it’s turnips like hairybiker who’s observations make him far more qualified and experienced than the staff themselves

akira

I agree with hairybiker, ambulances should circle the block a couple of times to find the best place to park, maybe check with the houses either side of the emergency to make sure they’re not going to be inconvenienced in any way.

km79
    Free Member

It’s sad but all too believable. I spend enough time driving on the roads to witness the increasing number of drivers who won’t even bother moving over to let an ambulance past.

butcher

If the crew had delayed putting on the siren for less than 10 seconds they would have been on their way pretty much unimpeded.

Hardly the ambulance’s fault if someone stops in a stupid place in front.

pondo

Won’t bother or too busy looking at their phone to notice…?

By and large I’m proud to live in Birmingham but there are times the good people here can leave you speechless. This is one of them.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Some time back had I an ambulance sitting way too close behind with full lights, siren, etc. whilst I was driving down a 1-way street with cars parked on both sides and nowhere for me to pull over – quite what the driver thought I could do to help his progress I have no idea.

We are taught to turn the sirens off in situations like that, so it was just that driver being ignorant.

funkmasterp

Sadly it doesn’t surprise me. Whoever left the note broke the don’t be a dick rule

bails

Hairybiker84 is Mr Moore of Tunbridge Wells AICMFP.

Drac

Going up behind people and putting the sirens on? I’d never do such a thing. 😀

andykirk
    Free Member

Oh my goodness…. HairyBiker did you actually write that post or was your account hacked?

I have read some daft posts on here but that is definitely the worst ever.

SaxonRider

One of the things that really distinguishes the British from Canadians, and that – even after 15 years of living here – I still can’t get my head around, is just how effing cynical and critical the British are.

I mean, holy shit! Ambulance drivers! These people save our frickin’ lives, and people like the note-writer in the OP, and Mr Moore of Tunbridge Wells have the temerity to suggest that they should be more careful about parking, or using their sirens?!? That is just effing bizarre!

They’re public servants, ffs. They aren’t trying to make our lives difficult; they’re trying to save them. Most of them have seen horrors the like of which most of us could never imagine, and some complete dick in Middle England feels he can tell them off?

I never, in my 30 years of living in Canada, heard of such nonsense.

Sorry, but the mind boggles.

bruneep

no sir not me 😉

walla24
    Free Member

should be treated like royalty, what’s more important than saving a life?!
    NOTHING

taxi25
    Free Member

Thing is no one on here can see how the ambulance is actually parked. HB could be right and perhaps it could have been parked just as easily, and at no risk to any patients without causing an obstruction.
    And yes I’ve seen dangerously driven ambulances and met rude arrogant drivers. None of this distracts from the admiration I have for the ambulance service or the men and women doing the job. Just they aren’t perfect and like the rest of us they’re people and perfectly capable of being dicks occasionally.

andykirk
    Free Member

I couldn’t give a **** how the ambulance was parked. Maybe let’s worry about the person they were busy treating instead.

What is wrong with some people!!!

nathb
    Free Member

Personally wouldn’t care less if an ambulance parked on top of my car if they were saving someone’s life…

Drac

I mean, holy shit! Ambulance drivers!

No such thing.

Houns

I kerbed my alloy yesterday to make room for an ambulance, think I should invoice WMAS for a refurb

taxi25
    Free Member

Personally wouldn’t care less if an ambulance parked on top of my car if they were saving someone’s life…

Nor would most people if that was required to best attend a patient. But if I had to guess I would imagine as part of their training ambulance drivers are told not to cause obstructions if reasonably possible.

Drac

Thing is no one on here can see how the ambulance is actually parked. HB could be right and perhaps it could have been parked just as easily, and at no risk to any patients without causing an obstruction.

How much room do you think an ambulance would need to park and load a patient from the back?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Man, heavy smoker, grossly obese, very lazy, has done time inside for possessing indecent images of minors.

Has chest pains, calls for ambulance.

Ambulance arrives and parks across your driveway so you can’t get your car out.

You need to be at the airport to catch a flight to New York where you’ve been called to attend an urgent business meeting that’s worth millions of pounds to you and your company.

Obviously you can’t get to the airport and miss the flight; the rest is history.

How is it that fair?

Drac

Get a taxi troll

nathb
    Free Member

Public transport/taxi/family/friend..

Who are we to decide who can and can’t be treated?

taxi25
    Free Member

How much room do you think an ambulance would need to park and load a patient from the back?

A fair bit I would imagine, but as no one of here could see how the ambulance was parked we don’t know if it could have been parked better.
    Perhaps it couldn’t have been and the letter writer was been a tool. But maybe it had been poorly parked. I’m sure most ambulance drivers try to avoid causing obstructions if they reasonably can.

tjagain

One wee point related to that letter – I have tinnitus and noise damage deafness. Ambulance sirens passing when I am out on my bike hurt and cause more damage to my ears – cos they are very loud to alert numpties in cars. I don’t go writing to the papers tho or complaining to their bosses – I dive for the pavement and put my fingers in my ears.

weeksy

davidtaylforth – Member
    Man, heavy smoker, grossly obese, very lazy, has done time inside for possessing indecent images of minors.

How does the driver know his history before parking?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

The ambulance driver doesn’t know his history, but that’s a point; maybe that information should be made available upon receipt of the emergency call. Then the ambulance drivers could decide whether it was worth blocking a neighbours drive if they were going to attend a nonce, for example.

doglover
    Free Member

How often do you think ambulances parking in drives is a real issue ? It’s not. It’s in press because the bloke writing the note is a knob.

km79
    Free Member

I mean, holy shit! Ambulance drivers!

No such thing. [/quote]Are they self driving vehicles nowadays?

nathb
    Free Member

😐

weeksy

davidtaylforth – Member
    The ambulance driver doesn’t know his history, but that’s a point; maybe that information should be made available upon receipt of the emergency call. Then the ambulance drivers could decide whether it was worth blocking a neighbours drive if they were going to attend a nonce, for example.

Ha ha, you’re a basket case. I’m done. You can’t argue with crazy.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘You may be saving lives but don't block my drive…’ is closed to new replies.