Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • I know we've done this before but – ebay scam
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Just posted my caravan on ebay and within two hours I get an ebay message asking me to email them privately. I did, and they offer to pay me directly via paypal and send a courier. This reminds me of scams that’ve been discussed on here. Can someone remind me how this one works?

I know I should not have replied from personal email, but I’m not going any further.

crikey
    Free Member

They’re going to steal the wardrobe!

scotroutes

How it works is that when you get a message to email them privately you just ignore it.

MrNutt
    Free Member

they pay you by paypal, then come to your house, take the caravan away then lock you in a barn and force you to have illegal* intercourse with 2000 hens.

*unless you’re in Germany

Junkyard
    Free Member

What happens is when they come to your house they pay you with fake money. You realise just as they leave and give chase. However due to your driving prowess you fail to overtake the car and caravan combo and a 15 mail tail back ensues as no one takes your “spot” in the queue.

You update us live from your phone whilst giving “chase” asking for advice.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Bravo JY.

The “updates” thing was a nice finish. 😀

highclimber
    Free Member

They claim the ‘courior’ wants paying £400 to collect and ask you pay it. the ‘buyer’ sends you the details for the ‘courior’, which is actually their account and the buyer ‘pays’ you for this via Paypal only they don’t, they just send a fake confirmation email from paypal they’ve put together saying they’ve paid but if, like me, you have your PP account linked to your Gmail account and get the email to your Outlook account, you quickly realise that they haven’t sent anything of the sort.

crankboy
    Free Member

or they collect the caravan drive off and then reclaim the paypall cash by entering a dispute . they will say they never collected . paypal who are well aware that they are used to facilitate such frauds will refuse to help.

molgrips
    Free Member

Nice to see my friends are all logged in tonight 🙂

Just wish I had not replied to their email now… trusting fool I am 🙁

molgrips
    Free Member

Oops

fivespot
    Free Member

They probably just want it fast so they can get out at the bank holiday weekend and cause mayhem 8)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘I know we've done this before but – ebay scam’ is closed to new replies.