Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 106 total)
  • I have a confession to make…
  • MrNutt
    Free Member

I have several, quite different, user names.

Some of which appear to have developed their own personalities, characters & styles.

these fictitious forum creations could now be considered to be quite prominent ‘known’ users, this has been going on for some time.

Can you guess who I am?

zokes
    Free Member

An attention whore?

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Lonely?

MrNutt
    Free Member

Possibly…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

The Southern Yeti?

Cougar

MrNutt
    Free Member

We’re all alone, that’s why society exists, man’s great attempt to run from himself towards others. No matter where you go, there you are.

Peyote
    Free Member

Hell is other people.

Cougar

Actually, I call foul. You don’t have multiple accounts at all, you’re just seeing who people think might also be you.

Is having multiple accounts not against forum rules, incidentally?

Torminalis
    Free Member

Is it narcissist day? did I miss a meeting?

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Lonely and alone are not the same thing. And ‘society’ is way, way more than that.

MrNutt
    Free Member

Oh and don’t be surprised if they are posting in this topic, not that they are, or are they? am I?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

wgas

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

So – how DO you change a user name? I have tried changing mine but I still appear as ‘Mastiles_Fanylion’ even though if I look at my profile it says a different user name.

firestarter
    Free Member

Right Where It Belongs

see the animal in his cage that you built?

are you sure what side you’re on?

better not look him too closely in the eye…

are you sure what side of the glass you’re on?

see the safety of the life you have built?

everything where it belongs…

feel the hollowness inside of your heart

and it’s all right where it belongs…

what if everything around you isn’t quite what it seems?

what if all the world you think you know is an elaborate dream?

and if you look at your reflection, is that all you want to be?

what if you could look right through the crack?

would you find yourself… find yourself afraid to see?

what if all the world’s inside of your head?

just creations of your own…

your devils and your gods and the living and the dead

and you really are alone

you can live in this illusion

you can choose to believe

you keep looking but you can’t find words

are you hiding in the trees?

what if everything around you isn’t quite what as seems?

what if all the world you used to know is an elaborate dream?

and if you look at your reflection, is that all you want to be?

what if you could look right through the cracks?

would you find yourself… find yourself afraid to see?

NIN

*Waves at Al*

Hello Al, have you had your medication today?

maxray
    Free Member

Surely there is more to life than building up multiple personalities on a niche web forum or announcing you are leaving so you can return with a new username/persona.

There must be a lot of regulars on here who are missing some of Lifes basics in “normal life” :s

Feel kind of gutted for them 🙁

MrNutt
    Free Member

I am Tandem Jeremy and so is my wife.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’ve only got one now, but in my defence I did ask for this one to be deleted.

alantromboner is banned for 19 years 8 months, I’ll dairy ahead so I can use it when I’m 61.

Oh and if you all think I’ve got personality issues then is a thread personally attacking me acceptable? I hope you sleep well tonight.

Harry_the_Spider

[deleted]

Not in the mood for your mind games.

Stuey01
    Free Member

donsimon
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

wgas?

Fixed. 🙄 😀

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Harry, I liked that pic!!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

alantromboner is banned for 19 years 8 months

How did that happen? He seemed Ok to me…. 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

Harry, I liked that pic!!

Just for you then

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Fanks x

Harry_the_Spider

‘sallright

MrNutt
    Free Member

to be honest the “alter” or Alternative Username Phenomenon is not at all uncommon, I don’t think folk should be so hard on Al, after all pretending to be someone else on an internet forum is not a crime, unless there’s a degree of legality conflicting preening going on. Al, do you have sweets in your van?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I never pretended to be anyone else. I do find that a bit sad.

Many of you do seem to be under age though.

Yes, I can see the irony.

GrahamS

these fictitious forum creations could now be considered to be quite prominent ‘known’ users, this has been going on for some time.

I’ve long suspected that “elaine anne” is an alt as she posts very infrequently, but seems to know everyone, and deploys a pretty unique writing style in her posts.

philconsequence
    Free Member

under-age? I wasn’t aware there’s an age limit for using STW… is that what’s prompted the swearing crack down as they took a “you must be over 18 to use the internet” warning down from the joining process and I just missed out on seeing/understanding there was an age limit?

that guy who bought the oakleys looked young, i vote we throw him off the web and tell him to come back when he’s old enough dammit… i will NOT be accused of grooming by inviting STWers to sexy parties!

RustySpanner

What would Mark Datz do?

I did once find out who he was – he made a simple error and gave himself away:

I’ve since forgotten who it was though – 😳

cynic-al
    Free Member

PC it was a reference to MrNutt’s peado accusation and the child-like nature of many on here (inc. myself)

Kevevs
    Free Member

what happened to sfb and dialled bikes Mike? Bet they are here somewhere!

philconsequence
    Free Member

still…. i dont want to get accused of grooming anything other than yeti’s fine fur 😡

i vote we petition for STW to be 18+ and then we can have boobs and swearing and stuff

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Oooh! MrNutt This is so exciting please do tell us, please, i can hardly contain myself!!! I’m on the edge of my seat!!! Oh the suspense! What an incredibly deep and complex character you must be to manage so many web personalities that are al so different that few people know they all originate from the same brilliant mind!! Are you really Derren Brown??

RustySpanner

I think Barnes exploded in a puff of logic on Lancaster high street after he failed the Turing test.

Either that or he got told off for being on here all the time.

Not sure about Elaine Anne. It’s either Brant Richards’ feminine side, one of the STW staff casting off the shackles of punctuation, or a very real person from Calderdale.

[Spinal Tap]Best left ‘unsolved’, really [Spinal Tap].

Kevevs
    Free Member

for some reason star trek: The search for Spock popped into my head Rusty!

MrNutt
    Free Member

nope, but I do have Derran Brown and David Blane downstairs, they have agreed to have an hypno-off, the winner gets to control the user for a week.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Don’t get me wrong Phil you are Awesome at picking out the fleas and untangling the matted bits of fur, but I really would like to get groomed in the internet chat room sense.

I thought my luck was in on Friday night but it turned out that, that forumite had multiple personalities of the same person 🙁

Come on CharlieMungus set up a forum profile under the name of Chloe (I like that name) and we can meet up for cream tea?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘I have a confession to make…’ is closed to new replies.