Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • I fell off yesterday!
  • Karinofnine

Had two brilliant rides yesterday, really enjoyed myself, except, on the second one, I crashed. There are some really good trails round here (Biggin Hill).

Usual superficial damage to knee and elbow, bruised hip and rib. I bloody well hit my head tho – had to sit still for a bit because things were whizzing around. Glad I had my helmet on, if my bare head had landed on a stone in the same way as my rib and hip it would have been bad.

Still feel a bit whizzy today. My bike is fine, so that's the main thing.

rOcKeTdOg

just be careful out there kids!

Xylene
    Free Member

Happened to me a couple of weeks back.

Hit my head hard enough on a tree root to make me sit there and assess what had happened and why was my leg stuck (stuck in the wheel between the spokes)

derek_starship
    Free Member

I hit a tree with my left shoulder. FM it hurt. Gonna bruise up good and blue.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Good trail conditions encourage higher speeds and harder crashes. Your brain's a bit bruised so chill for a bit; maybe order a nice new helmet. Worth having someone keeping an eye on you for a couple of days too. Glad you not hurt.

Trekster
    cinnamon_girl

Karin – bad luck, just take it easy and be sensible. Definitely have a good check of your helmet and replace if in any doubt.

Get well soon. 🙂

Simwit

Happened to me the other week and the post I put up to say wear your helmet ended up in a huuuge debate come slanging match. All I know is my body's still bruised and numb 2 weeks on & my head is fine so there's no dabate in my mind that the helmet saved me a lot of grief!

MarkN
    Free Member

+ 1 on what Trekster says. If it was me I would get it checked out, better safe than sorry.

Sounds like the helmet is toast as well and due for change.

mt
    Free Member

Perhaps the helmet made it worse. There is no proof it saved you.

This post comes to you in the absence of TJ.

MarkN
    Free Member

Yeah it must be the helmets fault for the dizziness/suspect concussion. 🙂

elaineanne
    Free Member

lol mt ! so wot your saying is we neednt bother wearing helmets then if they are not gona save us, run that by me agin….the helmet probably made it worse ?????…ooohhh 👿 soddin helmets (they lied to us they lied…. its justa fashion statement then after all… 😉

Karinofnine

Elaine, the anti-helmet joke is because TJ is anti-helmet and posts up endless stuff about how it isn't proven that helmets help and even that helmets make it worse – I think allegedly they make your neck twist and get damaged.

Be that as it may, for mountainbiking where you are not skidding along, but landing on uneven ground containing stones and assorted sharp, skull-penetrating objects, I reckon wear a lid.

Feeling much better now, had a glass or two of red wine and a quiet day.

I looked at the symptoms of concussion, yep, probably had mild. Interestly, the list does not contain 'displays urge to watch old episode of Minder and The Sweeney' – which is what I did when I got back yesterday after the crash… found it strangely soothing. HELP!

philfive
    Free Member

I fell off Saturday……. I know have a broken hand 🙁

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Ow! And inconvenient too.

Karinofnine

Bummer! How long is that going to take to heal?

philfive
    Free Member

Got a trip planned to afan in 2 weeks so as long as I can get my gloves on its all good.

jools182
    Free Member

I didn't fall off yesterday, which is a first

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘I fell off yesterday!’ is closed to new replies.