Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • I don't care if it's a non-drive side picture…
  • razorrazoo

robinlaidlaw – Member
    Disclaimer – I own a DW link 5 Spot.
    It looks fine, and it’s a bike I’d like to own but DW link Turners aren’t brilliant looking. It’s actually just as well it’s a non-driveside photo, Turners look better that way as you can’t see the weird looking elevated stay on the drive side.
    Based on what my 5 Spot is like I’m quite sure it’ll be great to ride, near indestructible and very well supported by Turner but other companies make better looking bikes.

As above.

To OP – judging by his responses on MTBR forum DT specs a Lev as it negates any issues caused by hose routing when a Reverb is dropped (think he uses a Reverb on his bike though). Turner’s aren’t drilled for stealth routing.

theblackmount – Member
    But then it’s a Turner so it must be good – right?

I know all things are personal, but in over 20 years of mtb my DW 5Spot is (alongside my old Intense M1 DH bike) the best bike I have ridden. I’d love to try the new Burner.

wrecker
    Free Member

I’ll be sticking with my Blur LTc…

Me too. I had a DW spot before my LTc. I prefer the LTc by quite a lot, although the spot was a very efficient climber.
    I really like the look of Turners and £1700 for a frame of this quality is bloody good IMHO.

Kryton57

I’ve always liked Turners, and want a 650b Flux as an efficient Trail/Race bike. I have no issue with how that looks.

Its going to very hard to let go of my ASR5 though. 🙁

perthmtb
    Free Member

To be honest, doesn’t look that much different to my old Trance (before they got stretched to 29 and then shrunk again to 27.5), except that the photographer’s a lot better! Oh, and my Trance probably cost about a third the price…

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

@Kryton57, no mail regarding this, but then I’m not surprised as when I said original I actually meant original as in the 10 year old one! 🙂

Cheers.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘I don't care if it's a non-drive side picture…’ is closed to new replies.