Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • I am going to see the Damned tonight
  • Pigface
    Free Member

This is most probably about the 30th time I have seen them but it has been about 26 years since the last time.

Not quite sure what kind of crowd there will be, not sure if I am looking forward to it.

racefaceec90

i don’t know that much about the damned (i know 😳 but from what i have heard,i’ve liked.enjoy the gig 🙂

ayupwesty
    Free Member

Hi

i went to see them on this tour and they were spot on

a very mixed crowed of young and old you will will love it !!!!!!!!

cheese@4p

Missed out this time round. Enjoy yourself.

DezB
    Free Member

a very mixed crowed of young and old you will will love it

I bet I know what the majority will be though!

Pigface
    Free Member

😆 Dez that is what is putting me off to be honest.

zzjabzz
    Free Member

Not seen them since the 80s but I’ve heard it’s still a great show. At least it’s not one of those reunion shows, they’ve never stopped since 76.

DezB
    Free Member

😀

Well, all my mates from ahem, back in the day, will be going to this next month – http://www.punkbythesea.co.uk/#/home/4546608450

I’m sure it’ll be fun, but it’s not for me.

NonStopNun
    Free Member

Every Damned gig ive been to has been good im sure your have a good time , the only band ive seen more than the Damned is the Stranglers and both bands all though not as good as they were in the late 70,s are still worth going to see.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Don’t forget to smash it up whilst you’re there…

geetee1972
    Free Member

If we had had a daughter it’s what we agreed we would call her:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=b31L4P7G5j8#t=4s[/video]

Listening to it now and it doesn’t sound at all dated.

tazzymtb

proper damned not their awful phantasmagoria bilge

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m2JyiggwAU[/video]

have tip top time, they are always ace 😀

Pigface
    Free Member

Tazzy couldnt agree more.

They were great and Vanian can really sing these days. Hilights for me Lively Arts, Antipope, New Rose and of course Love Song. Plan 9 was good and all in all a great night.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Is Captain Sensible still playing? I saw them about 15 years ago and everyone in the crowd just sang ‘happy talk’ between every song 🙂

But I am going to see Black Sabbath tonight in a one-off warm up in front of just 3000 people.

In. Your. Face.

Pigface
    Free Member

Yes Captain and Vanian are the last two original members, Captain was taking the piss out of himself saying I was a popstar in the 80’s etc
    Paul Gray did an encore and Bryn Merrick was wandering around in the crowd (both ex bass players)

Sabbath will be interesting let us know how that goes.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

It was amazing- they seemed to be really enjoying it and Ozzy was grinning like a loon all night. Ended up right at the front (first time I have done that in years). Also a great atmosphere around the venue before and afterwards.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘I am going to see the Damned tonight’ is closed to new replies.