Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Howies merino hoodies?
  • widge34
    Free Member

Are they worth the money? Looking at the crank hoody, but its a £100. Is it a quality item?

sheck

Nice, but slightly tight cut… Fairly warm as well. Only downside is that after only 6 or 7 washes it has started to bobble – not badly, but not what you’d expect so soon from such as expensive garment

sheck

Nice, but slightly tight cut… Fairly warm as well. Only downside is that after only 6 or 7 washes it has started to bobble – not badly, but not what you’d expect so soon from such as expensive garment

widge34
    Free Member

I was wondering how they wash being wool.Tight cut shouldnt be a problem as I’m between m and L so would go large.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I wouldn’t spend £100 on a jumper that bobbles after 6 washes! that’s awful.

russianbob
    Free Member

If you’re unhappy, I’d get in touch with them. Some of the very very best customer service in the business.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Exactly as Russianbob says

LoCo
    Free Member

Howies Merino of any kind is nice, as said above £100 is a touch fruity for a jumper, their sale stuff is usually worth a bit of a wait 😉

CaptainSlow

Mine arrived today, very impressed 🙂

It’s hand wash only. I went for a large (@ 6’3″ 86Kg) if that helps. PLenty of length in the sleeve and the rear is scooped.

I’ve also got their waffler mid layer and a ton of their other merino kit. It’s built well and lasts very well. Their pants outlast the Finesterre merino ones IME.

If their cycle kit wan’t in stealthy black I’d have more of it too.

oliwb
    Free Member

Personally….had bad experience with Howies clothes. I had a merino jumper that stretched something ridiculous and a cotton hoody that the sleeves stretched diametrically and the body shrunk longways. I e-mailed them to moan but didn’t even get a response. This was some time ago – just before they were bought (by Timberland?) so maybe things have improved a lot…..in my experience it’s over priced and the quality isn’t better to justify.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

I e-mailed them to moan but didn’t even get a response.

on the few occasions (2 or 3 at most, over the last 10 years of buying quite a lot of items) I’ve had to contact them regarding issues with their clothes, they’ve been brilliant. even down to issuing me credit to the full value of a waterproof jacket i bought and the membrane delaminated 2 years after i’d bought it…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Howies merino hoodies?’ is closed to new replies.