Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Howies cycling gear
  • LoCo
    Free Member

http://www.howies.co.uk/mens/features/cycle.html

Looks quite nice and not mentally exspensive (runs for cover after Pike pricing 😯 )

jam-bo

Jerseys look nice. Be a bargain in the next sale

LoCo
    Free Member

Be a bargain in the next sale

yep my thoughts exactly 😀

ahwiles
    Free Member

howies: only suitable for short-armed fatties.

julianwilson
    Free Member

seamless bib shorts…. I would be well interested in that. A quick google turns up no reviews so far: has ST or any other mag got any in for testing?

mindmap3
    Free Member

Those Jersey’s look really nice and aren’t mentally expensive either.

I know there’s not much love for a lot of Howies on here, but I quite like some of their stuff. My only issue is that postage is expensive and a bit slow.

The-Beard

I like the look of those jerseys, but I’d be a bit worried about longevity – their merino baselayers haven’t lasted well for me.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Their merino baselayers have lasted extremely well for me – have a couple of superfines, a very early standard NBL and an NBL zip. Fit was good, body length was good and arm length was sensible (and I’m 195cm 80kg).

Tried to order a new NBL a couple of months back and the fit is now all to cock. body big, shoulders narrow, sleeves stupidly short.

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’ve only got one of their base layers (classic one I think) and its worn well so far. I only got it at the start of the winter but have used it for cycling (road and MTB) and running in. I often end up using it as a jersey and its fine.

My only gripe is that it is a bit stinky. Fits me quite well, better than then polo shirt I bought which seems very long.

LoCo
    Free Member

The base layers have been pretty good for me too, not sure on the new sizing as have been using Finesterre stuff that is even better.
    Maybe will give it a miss as I’m a skinny ish 6’3″ with chimpy arms. 😀

ransos
    Free Member

I like the look of those jerseys, but I’d be a bit worried about longevity – their merino baselayers haven’t lasted well for me.

Mine lasted 5 years!

eyerideit
    Free Member

Tried to order a new NBL a couple of months back and the fit is now all to cock. body big, shoulders narrow, sleeves stupidly short.

because:

ahwiles – Member

The-Beard

Mine have fallen apart… Full of holes. Fit is ok, bit baggier than I’d have liked for a base layer though. Maybe they’ve just stretched as the neck is HUGE!

Maybe I’ve just been unlucky – I did buy them in a sample sale.

LS
    Free Member

When did that change? I’m a skinny 6ft+ and their stuff has always fitted me perfectly (sat in a pair of their 30w 34l trousers right now).

LoCo
    Free Member

(sat in a pair of their 30w 34l trousers right now).

stop showing off 😉 (sat in 32w 34l trousers)

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

The sizing has always been all over the place. Every single t-shirt I have (about 6) is a different shape, despite them all being ‘M’.

The baselayers come down over my arse, and over the end of my arms, and I am depressingly average in all dimensions. They also developed holes pronto.

Both cross jackets I had were enormous in the chest, but you had to have stick-like anorexic arms.

The jeans were the only thing they ever seemed to get right.

LS
    Free Member

Fair enough. I’ve only bought stuff from them over the last 18 months or so and all the shirts etc have been fine. If I found a base layer that went over the end of my arms I’d be very surprised!

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Oh I forgot about the shirts. L = tent, M = for pidgeon chested anorexics.

LS
    Free Member

Makes sense. I’ve been buying ‘M’ 😀

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

When did that change?

They’ve changed the pictures now but for winter they had some BEEFCAKE model in all the merino. None of the stuff fitted him properly….

brakes
    Free Member

only available in black?
    that’s not very Howies, what about a nice dolphin grey or mildewy leaf green?

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Or yellow or orange, just to avoid instantcyclistdeath.

ahwiles
    Free Member

LS – Member

When did that change? I’m a skinny 6ft+ and their stuff has always fitted me perfectly (sat in a pair of their 30w 34l trousers right now).

you have a point, their trousers are available in a good range of sizes.

(6’1″, 12 stone, wearing a pair of their trousers right now 🙂 )

but their jumpers/hoodies are a joke.

i’ve found that medium is only very very loose around my 40″ chest, and the sleeves do at least cover my elbows.

which is a shame, as i quite like their stuff…

LS
    Free Member

It must be all over the place then, I’ve a couple of polo shirts and a long-sleeve cotton in medium, and they aren’t loose on me – 36″ chest. I must’ve been lucky.

MoreCashThanDash

howies: only suitable for short-armed fatties

Now’t wrong with that……..

That stuff looks very nice, looking forward to some reviews

GrahamS

Update: there is a review of the howies Slipstream jersey on The Discerning Cyclist:

http://www.thediscerningcyclist.co.uk/2013/04/howies-slipstream-jersey-guest-review/

Sounds alright.

finbar
    Free Member

It must be all over the place then, I’ve a couple of polo shirts and a long-sleeve cotton in medium, and they aren’t loose on me – 36″ chest. I must’ve been lucky.

😯

I’ve got a 37″ chest and the “small” Howies t-shirt i have fits like a tent.

GrahamS

Ooh and now they have a really nice looking waterproof Merino softshell jacket too.

http://www.howies.co.uk/mens/clothing/jackets/outback-licorice.html

A snip at £175 😯

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Howies cycling gear’ is closed to new replies.