Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • How to you talk to your parents about old-age care?
  • rogerthecat
    Free Member

MoreCashThanDash – Member
    Being an only child certainly brings it home to you.

Yup, I’ve been lucky to have extended family around to help but they are going fast too. Guess it time for me to MTFU and be a grown up.

@MCTD – at least there are no siblings to cause issues in making sensible decisions. And, we inherit the lot! Bwahahahahah!

mudshark
    Free Member

My Mum’s Mum refused to talk about it convinced we were after her cash, then had a stroke so had to go to a home, died within a year.

My Dad’s Mum is saying she’ll refuse to leave her (remote) home so seems to be expecting a live in nurse, not sure how long she’ll be able to pay for that.

kcal

only child here too — moved across country at least in part to be hearer my parents as they needed more attention in their old age.

Even my mum, not one to look fondly one care home / nursing home, is at least putting in paperwork for sheltered housing (though she may be too late) and for those that imagine fondly of living in their own home until suddenly and cleanly they pop it, reality isn’t always like that sadly.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Rusty Spanner – Member
    I’m aware of what capacity means.

I note you’ve not answered the question.
    That is, of course, your prerogative.

Clearly not or you would see that your question never needs to be answered as the wishes of the person who decisions are being made about are always taken into account.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘How to you talk to your parents about old-age care?’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM